Fins re-sign Wynn | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins re-sign Wynn

This cap hit is egregious for a fringe/backup o-lineman. This tells me he should be an easy cut.

Eich.png

If memory serves, the inverse is true. He’s okay as a pass blocker, but a mauler in the run game. It’s possible I’m a moron.

Regardless, we can agree that the Pats screwed the pooch with him.
His blocking was similar as a tackle and run blocking grades were much higher going against DE’s that were 30-40 pounds lighter then he is playing at guard going against bigger stronger guards.
IMG_7857.png

I'll go out on a limb here. I actually think the Wynn resigning makes Tomlinson LESS likely and drafting a lineman MORE likely.

Wynn has the look of a bridge player, and if Tomlinson had been on the radar, I don't think we would be showing so much interest in jag-level Guards.

To me, this has the look of signing bandaids to cover for the possibility of our draftee not being ready right out of the box. T would be more of a 2-3 year signing.

Wynn can play tackle though which is why I don’t think Laken is out of the question. We haven’t resigned Lamm yet so there’s a chance we do want Wynn for the 8 games Armstead misses. They’ll bring in a rookie either way but I think they want flexibility and depth.

Hello @TXFinFan what can I get you?

scale;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60;progressive.jpg
So much for signs! - LOL

first things first....Wynn might not even make the team and if he does you'll have to hold your breath about him not getting hurt once again......Eich would most likely start ahead of Jones at RG
That covers a lot of the posters here. - LOL

Wynn can play tackle though which is why I don’t think Laken is out of the question. We haven’t resigned Lamm yet so there’s a chance we do want Wynn for the 8 games Armstead misses. They’ll bring in a rookie either way but I think they want flexibility and depth.
I guess it could happen, but I'm not sure that I wouldn't rather see Jones or Eichenberg outside... or even Smith or Hayes if they step up.
I'm just not high on Wynn as a Tackle. He had 4 years to nail that down in Boston... and it just never worked.

You could be right though, I'm frequently wrong. :)

He was good at pass blocking not much of a run blocker. He’s not a camp body there’s 0% chance of that. Potential starter at LG and he was playing at an elite level LT 3 years ago until NE lost their minds and tried to switch him to RT
LOL

Let’s hope he’s healthy and can play well like he showed flashes last year!

Man so jealous of a team like the Bills who I don’t believe lost a key guy on the OL all season.

Can you imagine if we had our starting 5 all season like one of those teams?

Man so jealous of a team like the Bills who I don’t believe lost a key guy on the OL all season.

Can you imagine if we had our starting 5 all season like one of those teams?
We haven’t had solid o-line in a looooong time

Back
Top Bottom