Fins re-sign Wynn | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins re-sign Wynn

Now sign Wilkins replacement and a high regarded player for the oline and we suddenly have great depth at dline and oline position.

4 to 5 qbs will go high in the first. There is a great chance a can't miss DT OL or WR will be there with the 21st pick.

Not expecting Conner Williams anytime soon.

"Connor Williams had a pretty significant knee injury. So, he’s taking his time with his rehab. I don’t think his plan is to sign with the Dolphins or any team right now. I think he’s focused on his medical situation — getting healthy — and seeing where he stands. Not any time soon.

Hmm. Wonder if he will have a different outlook on June 1st.

Wynn wasn't great...

He was OK...

He's coming to camp only, he may not stick

He was good at pass blocking not much of a run blocker. He’s not a camp body there’s 0% chance of that. Potential starter at LG and he was playing at an elite level LT 3 years ago until NE lost their minds and tried to switch him to RT

He was good at pass blocking not much of a run blocker. He’s not a camp body there’s 0% chance of that. Potential starter at LG and he was playing at an elite level LT 3 years ago until NE lost their minds and tried to switch him to RT

Well... I can't say that I agree here.

I don't think Wynn has ever been 'elite', he's certainly never been healthy for very long.

I do think that he's in line to be our (very) nominal starting LG, but if our rookie beats him out, we might just cut (or trade) him.

His biggest problem is his 100% total lack of durability... and we have a LOT of Guards on the roster now. He isn't the guy that you plan on having around long, he's too brittle for that, so you sign him for one year and figure on keeping only so long as he's still healthy.

If he picks up a nagging injury in camp, you can waive him goodbye.

The idea of Eichenberg not making the team fills me with joy.

Re-signing Wynn is not much of a story. He was acceptable at LG. Injury history isn’t promising. He missed 10 games and I don’t think we ever heard the specifics of his injury, other than it being a leg injury.
Liam Eichenberg looked pretty bad in 2022 but improved last season and there were some games when he actually played well. O-line coach, Butch Barry definitely helped to improve his performance. Some players take longer to make it in the NFL and are not instant stars. Liam might make it or he might not. I'm interested to see if his development can continue.

Well... I can't say that I agree here.

I don't think Wynn has ever been 'elite', he's certainly never been healthy for very long.

I do think that he's in line to be our (very) nominal starting LG, but if our rookie beats him out, we might just cut (or trade) him.

His biggest problem is his 100% total lack of durability... and we have a LOT of Guards on the roster now. He isn't the guy that you plan on having around long, he's too brittle for that, so you sign him for one year and figure on keeping only so long as he's still healthy.

If he picks up a nagging injury in camp, you can waive him goodbye.

Maybe elite was strong but he was pretty good rankings as the 10th best tackle in 2020 and was like 34th and 40th in 2019 and 2021 so overall above average guy until they moved him to RT and he sucked. Yeah injuries are a concern but eventually if he ever wants a big contract he’s gotta stay healthy. Either way can start at guard or fill in at LT so he’s safe. I still think they bring in Laken Tomlinson as well. He was a pro bowler 3 years ago when Mcd was calling plays for San Fran with him at LG.

Maybe elite was strong but he was pretty good rankings as the 10th best tackle in 2020 and was like 34th and 40th in 2019 and 2021 so overall above average guy until they moved him to RT and he sucked. Yeah injuries are a concern but eventually if he ever wants a big contract he’s gotta stay healthy. Either way can start at guard or fill in at LT so he’s safe. I still think they bring in Laken Tomlinson as well. He was a pro bowler 3 years ago when Mcd was calling plays for San Fran with him at LG.

I'll go out on a limb here. I actually think the Wynn resigning makes Tomlinson LESS likely and drafting a lineman MORE likely.

Wynn has the look of a bridge player, and if Tomlinson had been on the radar, I don't think we would be showing so much interest in jag-level Guards.

To me, this has the look of signing bandaids to cover for the possibility of our draftee not being ready right out of the box. T would be more of a 2-3 year signing.

If memory serves, the inverse is true. He’s okay as a pass blocker, but a mauler in the run game. It’s possible I’m a moron.

Regardless, we can agree that the Pats screwed the pooch with him.

If memory serves, the inverse is true. He’s okay as a pass blocker, but a mauler in the run game. It’s possible I’m a moron.

Regardless, we can agree that the Pats screwed the pooch with him.
I think he has a Tackle's game in a Guard's body. He's a bit under 6'3", but doesn't really have the strength of a Guard.
Quicker feet, but not enough punch. So, yes, he fits in a zone blocking scheme.

Liam Eichenberg looked pretty bad in 2022 but improved last season and there were some games when he actually played well. O-line coach, Butch Barry definitely helped to improve his performance. Some players take longer to make it in the NFL and are not instant stars. Liam might make it or he might not. I'm interested to see if his development can continue.
Appreciate the response, but I just didn’t see it.

Liam has been bounced around... all over the formation.
If he is allowed to settle into a single position... RG, and spend all of his preseason reps there, I suspect that a lot of people will be surprised.
We made the exact same mistake with Jackson, and he greatly improved when he was allowed to settle.

Back
Top Bottom