Fins re-sign Wynn | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins re-sign Wynn

Not expecting Conner Williams anytime soon.

"Connor Williams had a pretty significant knee injury. So, he’s taking his time with his rehab. I don’t think his plan is to sign with the Dolphins or any team right now. I think he’s focused on his medical situation — getting healthy — and seeing where he stands. Not any time soon.

So I'm mixed on this... he's good but I'm not sure he's ever had a full season. I'm still for drafting o line first round (bring me powers!) and possibly second as well. We have to assume Wynn will go down at some point and fixing the line is the key to us having a competitive offense.

Echoing a few of you from earlier though I too love the idea of eich seeing no snaps.

Not to belabor a point, but he's more than acceptable at LG when he's healthy, in my opinion. He's very good. The arrogance of the Patriots really hurt the kid, because they moved him to RT, and he was lost. He's acceptable at LT. LG is really the position he was born to play.

Is he injury prone? Sure. Will he play 20 games next year? Probably not. But he's a nasty mother******* blocker at LG when he's on the field - he's a fantastic run blocker.
When Wynn first joined the team last year I was thinking he would be a good backup for Armstead--having graded acceptably at LT in his early career--combined the two of them might give us a full season. Lamm's emergence as arguably the team's 2nd best LT perhaps affords them to again start Wynn at LG, even knowing he'll need his own backup (Eich or a rookie most likely). However it shakes out this is yet another solid depth signing.

The OL is actually pretty good as long as Eichenberg can man the RG spot. Need to re-sign Lamm or find a reliable swing tackle.

I want us to go edge in the first round. Latu or Chop Robinson would be home run picks at 21.

The OL is actually pretty good as long as Eichenberg can man the RG spot. Need to re-sign Lamm or find a reliable swing tackle.

I want us to go edge in the first round. Latu or Chop Robinson would be home run picks at 21.

Agreed. There is a tremendous amount of OL depth in this draft, so I wouldn't mind taking one in the 2nd or later. Latu (imo) looks a hair faster than Robinson, but Robinson seems considerably stronger. I could be wrong.

I just hope they dont reach for an OL like they did Austin Jackson. Take BPA in the first round , we have plenty of under the radar needs, especially with us going into a reset in 2025 .

He was really good at LG before he got hurt last season. Very happy to have him when he is on the field but throughout his career so far he spends most of it hurt unfortunately.

Not expecting Conner Williams anytime soon.

"Connor Williams had a pretty significant knee injury. So, he’s taking his time with his rehab. I don’t think his plan is to sign with the Dolphins or any team right now. I think he’s focused on his medical situation — getting healthy — and seeing where he stands. Not any time soon.

Get better big fella

We need to do better than Eich. I like Eich as a backup / role player not a starter

We need to do better than Eich. I like Eich as a backup / role player not a starter
Agree, but I would’ve said the same thing about Austin Jackson this time last year. Eichenberg has the pedigree. I’m open to giving him one more year with steady snaps at one position.

Back
Top Bottom