Fins re-sign Wynn | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins re-sign Wynn

Wynn when healthy played pretty good in both the run and pass game. He went down and we had to resort to running outside more. R Jones gives us options at G that we didn't have yesterday, Eich is not an option as a starter. Still need a premium IOL from the draft though, gives us an option for our first pick though as in BPA for need.

I have no issue with them resigning Wynn but it is Lamm I really want them to resign. I still believe drafting an offensive lineman in the first round should be their priority but if they sign Lamm, I will feel much better about the OL going into the season.

The idea of Eichenberg not making the team fills me with joy.

Re-signing Wynn is not much of a story. He was acceptable at LG. Injury history isn’t promising. He missed 10 games and I don’t think we ever heard the specifics of his injury, other than it being a leg injury.

Not to belabor a point, but he's more than acceptable at LG when he's healthy, in my opinion. He's very good. The arrogance of the Patriots really hurt the kid, because they moved him to RT, and he was lost. He's acceptable at LT. LG is really the position he was born to play.

Is he injury prone? Sure. Will he play 20 games next year? Probably not. But he's a nasty mother******* blocker at LG when he's on the field - he's a fantastic run blocker.

Not to belabor a point, but he's more than acceptable at LG when he's healthy, in my opinion. He's very good. The arrogance of the Patriots really hurt the kid, because they moved him to RT, and he was lost. He's acceptable at LT. LG is really the position he was born to play.

Is he injury prone? Sure. Will he play 20 games next year? Probably not. But he's a nasty mother******* blocker at LG when he's on the field - he's a fantastic run blocker.
Let me expand upon “acceptable.” If I thought we’d get 17 games of Wynn as our starting LG, I would be pleased with that. He is the kind of LG where you enjoy not hearing his name too often. Let him play and don’t worry he’s going to hurt the team.

Unfortunately, his injury record tells us that we won’t be able to count on him to play a full season.

Let me expand upon “acceptable.” If I thought we’d get 17 games of Wynn as our starting LG, I would be pleased with that. He is the kind of LG where you enjoy not hearing his name too often. Let him play and don’t worry he’s going to hurt the team.

Unfortunately, his injury record tells us that we won’t be able to count on him to play a full season.

This is fair.

Isaiah Wynn

MIATackle#77

Dolphins agreed to terms with OL Isaiah Wynn on a one-year contract.

Wynn started seven games for the Dolphins last season before landing on injured reserve following a Week 7 loss to the Eagles. In the seven games he played in, Wynn earned a PFF blocking grade of 47.8. While he didn’t allow any sacks on 224 pass block attempts, he graded poorly as a run blocker and has shown a decline as a run blocker in each of his last two seasons. He could get another chance to bounce back in 2024, but with injuries slowing him in back-to-back seasons, it’s possible he’s on the downturn of his career.
He had more than half the season off so perhaps he will be rejuvenated.

Back
Top Bottom