Fins re-sign Wynn | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins re-sign Wynn

Good signing. I expect Connor Williams to be back with us too as long as the injury rehab goes well.

Right guard will still need to be addressed, and I'm not talking about the deodorant
IDK about Williams. He might be a tad miffed that we didn't give him an extension. Players want at least some future $ as protection against injury.

And TBH, I wouldn't blame him. It likely cost him several million.

Wynn is a bit different story, in that he wasn't looking at much more than vet min regardless.

Isaiah Wynn

MIATackle#77

Dolphins agreed to terms with OL Isaiah Wynn on a one-year contract.

Wynn started seven games for the Dolphins last season before landing on injured reserve following a Week 7 loss to the Eagles. In the seven games he played in, Wynn earned a PFF blocking grade of 47.8. While he didn’t allow any sacks on 224 pass block attempts, he graded poorly as a run blocker and has shown a decline as a run blocker in each of his last two seasons. He could get another chance to bounce back in 2024, but with injuries slowing him in back-to-back seasons, it’s possible he’s on the downturn of his career.

In my mind, this signing is extra special because it puts Eichenberg back on the bench where he belongs. Jones should be able to start at RG. Any other OL signings or draft picks are just gravy, as they put Eich even closer to where he REALLY belongs, which is on the street.

Isaiah Wynn

MIATackle#77

Dolphins agreed to terms with OL Isaiah Wynn on a one-year contract.

Wynn started seven games for the Dolphins last season before landing on injured reserve following a Week 7 loss to the Eagles. In the seven games he played in, Wynn earned a PFF blocking grade of 47.8. While he didn’t allow any sacks on 224 pass block attempts, he graded poorly as a run blocker and has shown a decline as a run blocker in each of his last two seasons. He could get another chance to bounce back in 2024, but with injuries slowing him in back-to-back seasons, it’s possible he’s on the downturn of his career.
Well, PFF has their opinion.

What I saw was a run game that functioned pretty well on the left side pre injury.

Perhaps they are not good at rating players in wide zone schemes.

Hello @TXFinFan what can I get you?

scale;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60;progressive.jpg

In my mind, this signing is extra special because it puts Eichenberg back on the bench where he belongs. Jones should be able to start at RG. Any other OL signings or draft picks are just gravy, as they put Eich even closer to where he REALLY belongs, which is on the street.
first things first....Wynn might not even make the team and if he does you'll have to hold your breath about him not getting hurt once again......Eich would most likely start ahead of Jones at RG

Back
Top Bottom