Fins re-sign Wynn | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins re-sign Wynn

Hopefully the Wynn re-signing doesn't keep them from taking advantage of a deep class of olinemen in next months draft. Time for some young blood along Miami's offensive line.
I don’t think Wynn impacts the draft. More or less that any rookie will have to beat out a veteran journeyman for the starting position as opposed to being anointed starter day 1

first things first....Wynn might not even make the team and if he does you'll have to hold your breath about him not getting hurt once again......Eich would most likely start ahead of Jones at RG

I don't believe either the first or third things in your statement is accurate. It's the same discussion I had last year with someone who insisted Eichenberg would start over Wynn. I get that he's been injury prone, but he's simply better than Eich on the left side. The biggest issue Wynn had was when the Patriots, in their infinite wisdom, decided to move him to the right side, even though he clearly couldn't make the transition. Some OL just can't do that. On the left side, he's pretty darned good.

Depending on how FA/draft shake out, I'd be more concerned about Eichenberg making the team than Wynn.

Yep. A lot is going to depend on the draft.
When he plays, he's fine... a little short, but that's ok. The problem is that he's been injured in 4 out of 5 years, only once has he played more than 10 games.

Guys like this are better bets as reserves, than starters.

Before he was drafted, there was some thought that his best position would be Center-- very similar to how the scouts are speaking about Barton.

So, he's a strange fit. The Patriots really should have moved him inside right away.

Honestly, I wasn't high on resigning him as I want to move away from frequently injured players... same way that I feel about Williams.

I don't believe either the first or third things in your statement is accurate. It's the same discussion I had last year with someone who insisted Eichenberg would start over Wynn. I get that he's been injury prone, but he's simply better than Eich on the left side. The biggest issue Wynn had was when the Patriots, in their infinite wisdom, decided to move him to the right side, even though he clearly couldn't make the transition. Some OL just can't do that. On the left side, he's pretty darned good.

Depending on how FA/draft shake out, I'd be more concerned about Eichenberg making the team than Wynn.
The idea of Eichenberg not making the team fills me with joy.

Re-signing Wynn is not much of a story. He was acceptable at LG. Injury history isn’t promising. He missed 10 games and I don’t think we ever heard the specifics of his injury, other than it being a leg injury.

well, last year Eich got hurt in pre seeason so the competition was over at that point......I don’t think Eich will start at LG....his best position is RG....at the end of the day neither of them or Jones/Cotton for that matter would stop me from drafting OL with our top pick

Very nice. What was his injury that derailed his season?

Hope he can stay healthier this year, seemed like he played pretty well.

Gotta be a pretty low end deal too since we didn’t have a ton of cash left

When he plays, he's fine... a little short, but that's ok. The problem is that he's been injured in 4 out of 5 years, only once has he played more than 10 games.

Guys like this are better bets as reserves, than starters.

Before he was drafted, there was some thought that his best position would be Center-- very similar to how the scouts are speaking about Barton.

So, he's a strange fit. The Patriots really should have moved him inside right away.

Honestly, I wasn't high on resigning him as I want to move away from frequently injured players... same way that I feel about Williams.
I respect that opinion. He is still young so guys his age have a better chance of shaking the injury bug. The signing of Wynn shouldn’t, and I don’t think it will, effect what Miami does in the upcoming draft.

Well, PFF has their opinion.

What I saw was a run game that functioned pretty well on the left side pre injury.

Perhaps they are not good at rating players in wide zone schemes.
He should have got a 47.8 grade for the season just from the Broncos game.

Talented player who looked good before he got hurt but therein lies the problem.

He has played 50 out of a possible 82 games in his 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom