Fins trade TE Shaheen. Psyche, he's back... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins trade TE Shaheen. Psyche, he's back...

That is shocking, as Carter has done nearly nothing on offense (not that Long has been a gamebreaker either, but he was just a rookie last year).
Neither has Shaheen, but Carter is a solid special teams player. All things being equal, the Special Teams play was the difference... :shrug:

Just beat me to it!

Not a bad move for us, as I thought Shaheen would be a cut later this summer.

It's a good deal for Houston too, as they get a decent pass catching TE for a low round draft pick. He's just a bit of a knucklehead.
I thought his strength was blocking? Wrong?
If blocking was his strength I was taking it as a positive that the FO felt the line did not need a blocking TE.
When I saw the “receiving draft picks” I was hoping we were stockpiling picks as a hedge for needing to pic a QB next year. But a 6th likely wont do much.
We sure need Tua to perform.

Only sad part is it probably kills any gesicki trade

I think this speaks to hunter longs development personally. I hope it does
I have been wondering what the meaning behind the trade is. Maybe this is it.

$22mm now but still over for next year. With a lot of guys on one year deals and even more expiring in the 2 years after that carrying over a bunch is not egregious.
True, but that is based on this year's cap #. Next year is going to be higher, possibly substantially so. The projections I have seen are in the range of +20-23 mil.

Back
Top Bottom