Fins win 4 of last 5... here's the layout... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins win 4 of last 5... here's the layout...

You know they're not playing at the same level they were when they played ATL and JAX, right?

I'll agree with you this much . . . MIA has played so poorly and/or inconsistently over the years that, at kick-off, I get this dread they're going to revert to hx and disappoint me

I'll agree with you this much . . . MIA has played so poorly and/or inconsistently over the years that, at kick-off, I get this dread they're going to revert to hx and disappoint me

It's weird. I felt the Jacksonville loss coming; I even wrote about it. The Fins were making amazingly stupid plays at the worst possible time for weeks. I haven't felt that way since about midway through the Texans game.

Of course you get the dread. We have been here before. Losers lose. It's what they do. The Jets just beat the Jags...but it was too tall a task for us. Playoffs? You talking Playoffs?

The truly sad thing is the loss to the Jags, not so much the Falcons.

The Jags hurt us in tie breakers.

Just think at 9-8 just missing the playoffs realizing we missed the playoffs because a team that hadn't kicked a FG all season and a kicker literally off the streets kicked 2 50+ yard FGS in the last 4 minutes of the game to win.

However, we will finish 10-7 beating the Patriots to get in ending Herbert's quest for his first playoff appearance

They have a shot. All you can ask for.
It's exactly right.

Considering how the season started, this is the best case scenario.

All the "should have won" goes away and we get the same shot as everyone else if we can just sneak in!

Please, for all of the let downs, please let us get lucky once and go get a playoff W!

I love your optimism, but let's be realistic. Solid win against a VERY bad team. They are on their what 3rd QB this season? Said QB could not hit the side of a barn throwing the ball today. Miami's running game is still weak as hell (sub 3.3 yards per carry) and very little threat throwing the ball deep downfield with OL still not giving Tua time for deep throws to develop. Tua was locked in today on the short and intermediate stuff as we have come to expect. Add to that Sanders is still erratic (another missed kick today - PAT).

If the Dolphins play the top tier teams in the league, it would still be an uphill climb. I do agree they are getting better though, but still too many holes to get into that elite level.
Remember Baltimore?

Remember Baltimore?
Yes, I remember Baltimore. It was one game. I said it would be an uphill climb for Miami against top tier teams, not impossible. Let me put it to you like this, I think it would be very difficult for Miami to have a .500 record against teams with winning records at this point in the rebuild.

I'm just taking off my aqua and orange glasses.

Back
Top Bottom