First 3 picks in 2021 draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First 3 picks in 2021 draft

At this rate, Miami might as well draft the entire Alabama team.

As a tOSU fan, and a Clemson and Bama hater, I believe it’s shortsighted to think like this. IDC what programs/schools player‘s come from. I just care that they are good.

Believe it or not, many of the best collegiate players are on the rosters of Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State. The past 5 years, especially, those programs have much of the top talent. A big reason why those programs are in the Nat’l title mix and in the playoffs most every season.

So I’m completely fine with MIA drafting multiple players from any of those programs. Specifically this upcoming draft when a team like Bama has elite level talent at positions the Dolphins really need help with.

I think devonta smith is more of a boundary just like Marvin Harrison was

Make his living on the outside.

the Ohio state wr I think is more of a #2 type and as such probably more of a top 50 value. And appropriately not sure that’s something Miami should target early.

Last edited:
We're gonna have a lot of good options, and IMHO, WR and DB are high contenders for those two first round picks. It's gonna be hard to pass on Jamar Chase if he's there, regardless of the stellar performances the Alabama WR's put up. But if we draft a WR with our latter 1st rounder or a 2nd rounder, keep an eye on Justyn Ross, because that kid is underrated ....... at least at this point. My underrated prospects have an annoying tendency to explode up the draft charts by the time the draft actually rolls around, LOL.

I'm a Najee Harris fan, but I'd probably not pull the trigger in round 1 or 2. If Etienne is still available in round 2 I'd take him, and I might even consider him late round 1 if he's there, just to get the 5th year salary option. RB's just don't have the impact on the team that they used to have. In this era of pass-first offenses and extremely high scoring, the combo of far more pass plays, RB by committee, shotgun dominant formations, and running QB's have greatly undercut the value of the RB position from a resource standpoint.

We gonna have to get thru kc for the next 5 years at least and really that’s what we should be driving towards. And in order to do that we gonna have to score a ton of points. So skill talent will be at a premium. That’s about the only thing I can weigh relative to a micah parsons impact.

I don’t know if we ever will have that damn kc level scheme however. I’m hoping tua can be that offset in time.

Kc knows who drives that offense and it’s essentially 3 guys and they know they can interchange around them. And not miss a beat.

so it’s gonna be tough. If Miami could land a kelce it would go a long long way. He’s the straw that stirs the drink in their scheme

Kc knows who drives that offense and it’s essentially 3 guys and they know they can interchange around them. And not miss a beat.

so it’s gonna be tough. If Miami could land a kelce it would go a long long way. He’s the straw that stirs the drink in their scheme
3 down TE who wins everything

We're gonna have a lot of good options, and IMHO, WR and DB are high contenders for those two first round picks. It's gonna be hard to pass on Jamar Chase if he's there, regardless of the stellar performances the Alabama WR's put up. But if we draft a WR with our latter 1st rounder or a 2nd rounder, keep an eye on Justyn Ross, because that kid is underrated ....... at least at this point. My underrated prospects have an annoying tendency to explode up the draft charts by the time the draft actually rolls around, LOL.

I'm a Najee Harris fan, but I'd probably not pull the trigger in round 1 or 2. If Etienne is still available in round 2 I'd take him, and I might even consider him late round 1 if he's there, just to get the 5th year salary option. RB's just don't have the impact on the team that they used to have. In this era of pass-first offenses and extremely high scoring, the combo of far more pass plays, RB by committee, shotgun dominant formations, and running QB's have greatly undercut the value of the RB position from a resource standpoint.
I agree with you on Justyn Ross, people are sleeping on this kid. He got injured and has been slowly recovering, but has started to look healthier as the season progressed. He had one hell of a Championship game against Bama. I think he slips a bit in the draft due to the injury, but makes up for it with his play as a pro.

Back
Top Bottom