First Half Thoughts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Half Thoughts

What we really need to fix is that football thing where we don’t score points.

I’m not one to overreact over a preseason game but it looks like Miami may have possibly struck gold on their first 3 picks.
Heaed Baker was all over the place, you think he starts week 1?

Eric Smith is a warhorse. He looks better than James at RT.

Smith is having his second outstanding preseason in a row. This guy never misses a block and never draws a penalty. He was getting some incredible blocks on those big runs by Perry. And he was burying some poor Tampa defender on the fumble by Buddy Howell.

He's understanding how to gain angles now. Only saw him fail to execute on one pass block tonight.

Run defense sucked with Suh

True, but expectations were addition by subtracting. Like a guy who could account for 2 blockers a majority of the time, was a piece so easily replaced.

I will wait to watch the replay on Saturday, but early reports on defense are not suprising.

I was more concerned about the offense but the Defense looks like they aren't coached. Fitzpatrick comes on the field and everything works TD. Then their starter Winston comes on the field and everything works TD. On pace to give up 32 ppg. It comes down to coaching and so far we look like a 6-10 to 8-8 team. Burke a LB coach with the Lions and Bengels just a few years ago, is in his sophomore year with the Dolphins and he looks to be in over his head.

I was more concerned about the offense but the Defense looks like they aren't coached. Fitzpatrick comes on the field and everything works TD. Then their starter Winston comes on the field and everything works TD. On pace to give up 32 ppg. It comes down to coaching and so far we look like a 6-10 to 8-8 team. Burke a LB coach with the Lions and Bengels just a few years ago, is in his sophomore year with the Dolphins and he looks to be in over his head.

Miami looks like a 6-10/8-8 team based on Week 1’s results? If only that was how reality functioned.

IT'S PRESEASON. One maybe two series. Our two best players on defense didn't even suit up and there was no scheming. Relax

IT'S PRESEASON. One maybe two series. Our two best players on defense didn't even suit up and there was no scheming. Relax

Yeah, as long as there's symmetry. If we'd played well, would we say the same thing? Winning or losing isn't important in preseason, but IMO playing well is. It's like practice. If you don't practice well, you're not going to play well on gameday. That being said, yeah, it's only one preseason game. This is just begininng.

Just watched again. Gesicki maintained a block on the Drake draw. Then later on the Amendola missed pass he was in for pass pro and stood up the end. Did have help from Tunsil

Why are some talking about our run defense when we ran for 5.3 yards per carry but they ran for 2.6?

Back
Top Bottom