Fitz Vs Gronk | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitz Vs Gronk

If Gordon plays, Miami won't be able to defend Gronk like Detroit did.

Not necessarily. I mean, how much of the offense can Gordon really know already? And he hasn't had a ton of time to get down timing w/ Brady.

Jerome actually did a fair job defending Cook today on that pick play at the goal line. He got there just in time to force his knee down before he crossed the line. I'm not sure we had any other LB's that could have made that play.

And did anyone notice who chased Jordy Nelson down on that long pass play? Yep. #55.

Also, it was quite nice that Cook didn't destroy us like he did last season.

I think you use Baker to cover James White and/or other RBs out of the backfield. You could also have him blitz and Kiko/Minkah could cover.

I think you use Baker to cover James White and/or other RBs out of the backfield. You could also have him blitz and Kiko/Minkah could cover.

Absolutely. I just love the speed he brings to our defense. If he can add some more strength/bulk w/o compromising his speed all that much, he could be a monster.

Not necessarily. I mean, how much of the offense can Gordon really know already? And he hasn't had a ton of time to get down timing w/ Brady.

True -- but Gordon is a flat-out difference maker who will command attention on his side of the field.

Should have known NE would get him, lol.

LD

Absolutely. I just love the speed he brings to our defense. If he can add some more strength/bulk w/o compromising his speed all that much, he could be a monster.

Baker was getting beat up out there making tackles. You could see him taking punishment, laying on the turf after tackles...

He's got speed and upside but needs some bulk.

LD

I couldn’t believe he chased down Nelson. Dude is fast for an LB.

I couldn’t believe he chased down Nelson. Dude is fast for an LB.

Right. I realize that Nelson came off a serious knee injury last season, but he's still quite fast.

When Baker first turned around, he had to hop over Fitz who slid by him at the OAK 37 yd line and Jordy had about a yard and a half lead on him at that point. Jerome caught him and forced him out at the MIA 10. That was a pretty impressive play by Baker to say the least. I was really hoping his hustle was going to save a few points.

Fitz chased Jordy down on the 2nd long pass play. That one did save points.

Last edited:
I’m liking that double team Detroit put on him at the line of scrimmage. Make any one of their other receiving options try to beat Miami. I don’t think they can.

Looked like Dorsett came up lame at end of game. Will probably Gordon on the field at least in limited action.

So who do we double team gronk with though? baker? tj mcdonald? reshad? fitz will need to roam or will be back in the nickle. not THAT worried about Gordan with X out there

So who do we double team gronk with though? baker? tj mcdonald? reshad? fitz will need to roam or will be back in the nickle. not THAT worried about Gordan with X out there
I think MacMillian and TJ

I’m liking that double team Detroit put on him at the line of scrimmage. Make any one of their other receiving options try to beat Miami. I don’t think they can.

Looked like Dorsett came up lame at end of game. Will probably Gordon on the field at least in limited action.

Do we know if Gordon is even healthy? I thought he hurt his hamstring doing a promo shoot and Cleveland cited that as the reason for his departure? Maybe just a smokescreen.

Double Gronk. Period.

I've seen this play twice now and i'm beggin the D.C. to adopt it.

Literally place two guys at the LOS to jam Gronk. Then everyone else one on one.

You absolutely do that down on the goal-line.

No one in the NFL can single cover gronk. It's a team effort and I would put two guys on him at the line and double jam him all game, like the Lions did and how belichick used to against Antonio Gates.

They will have Josh Gordon next week most likely so we’ll have to put X on Gordon. Double Gronk ( McMillian/TJ) at the LOS. Hope McCain can win vs Hogan and also make sure we cover the RBs with Baker and Minkah.

after the LOS who is covering him? McMillan is way too slow to keep up with Gronk....if we truly double team him like Lions did, we need 2 defenders within a few yards of him to truly double team him
I would let baker give it a shot, if not we have to have jones step up cause if Gordon plays than we need X and McCain on boundary with Minkah in slot...not an easy task

Back
Top Bottom