Fitz Vs Gronk | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitz Vs Gronk

Do you have a solution or should we just let front run for the end zone uncovered?

I've given numerous solutions in this thread. Keep reading. In fact, I have at least 4 other posts in this thread.

pls double that man. know man can cover that guy by his self. make othe wr beat you.

I've given numerous solutions in this thread. Keep reading. In fact, I have at least 4 other posts in this thread.
You didn’t have one in your initial snippy post. I don’t read an entire thread before I pick and choose what I’m going to respond to.

Agreed but he would be dominated if he had to cover Gronk 1vs1. Even Gesicki had success against Minkah during camp. I love Minkah but Gronk is one of the greatest TEs of all time. We will need to double Gronk and use Minkah elsewhere on the field.

Gronk has always been worse against CB types then he has against LBs and Safeties. So I doubt he would get "destroyed", I actually think running Minkah with him and bracketing with Jones would be the best solution.

Gordon doesn't worry me...great player, but Brady doesn't have the deep ball, and let's be honest, the rest of the offensive weapons are blah. Dudes had Burkhead running fades last games.

It's always hard to cover him. And he's going to get some catches. We just have to make sure they don't go for long gain and keep him out of the end zone. You need to mix things up. We need to take a page from their HC and take away their best player.

You know its going to happen. We'll try to get cute and Brady will hit Gronk on the seam route for a long td.

How is that possible? At this stage, Gronk is the only legitimate receiving threat (outside of the RBs in the flat for that team). How do you not shut him down by whatever means and force them to beat you some other way?

If you can't scheme that as a D.C. you don't deserve to be employed at the NFL level.

How is that possible? At this stage, Gronk is the only legitimate receiving threat (outside of the RBs in the flat for that team). How do you not shut him down by whatever means and force them to beat you some other way?

If you can't scheme that as a D.C. you don't deserve to be employed at the NFL level.
Romeo Crennel should be glad you're not his boss

Yeah. And we drafted Koa Misi 2 picks before we could have drafted Gronk.

AND that is the draft we traded down instead of drafting Earl Thomas.

Being a Dolphins fan has been a brutal ride.
Tell me about it.. We could've had Xavien Howard and Tre'Davious White right now. Would have been the re-imagining of Surtain/Madison. Instead, we have Charles freaking Harris playing 10 snaps a game.

I expect Gordon to play the whole game. I also expect him to be effective and be pumped to show what he can do. If he outclasses any DB the Pats will take advantage. Belicheat said he was a "smart kid" which means he picked up the playbook quickly. Gronk and Gordon will be effective. Can we limit them or outscore them is the real question. And I feel the answer lies in our pass rush and running game. I wouldn't mind a 24-23 win on the road while controlling the clock in the 4th with Drake, Gore, and the Tanne option.

Phins up!

You didn’t have one in your initial snippy post. I don’t read an entire thread before I pick and choose what I’m going to respond to.

Hardly snippy. Maybe you should have at least skimmed it before making a rude comment. You’re setting a great example for the site.

Gronk has always been worse against CB types then he has against LBs and Safeties. So I doubt he would get "destroyed", I actually think running Minkah with him and bracketing with Jones would be the best solution.

Gordon doesn't worry me...great player, but Brady doesn't have the deep ball, and let's be honest, the rest of the offensive weapons are blah. Dudes had Burkhead running fades last games.

Perhaps, but if we are going to double Gronk, I would think we would have more value with Minkah elsewhere. Feels like a waste to use Minkah and another player for Gronk. Minkah would help better with crossing routes and/or RBs our of the backfield.

Gordon? Would anyone be shocked if he put up numbers here and there with Brady?

Back
Top Bottom