Fitz Vs Gronk | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitz Vs Gronk

after the LOS who is covering him? McMillan is way too slow to keep up with Gronk....if we truly double team him like Lions did, we need 2 defenders within a few yards of him to truly double team him
I would let baker give it a shot, if not we have to have jones step up cause if Gordon plays than we need X and McCain on boundary with Minkah in slot...not an easy task

Yes, truly double team him. Gronk isn’t a blazer, he’s just good at going up and catching the ball and using his body for positioning. You can jam him at the line but everyone else would need to step up.

We have a lot of good tape on them from the Jags and Lions game. I’m sure we will try and do the same until they can prove to overcome it.

Our D is looking like a dream matchup for Gronk. Fitz is our best (and only?) hope. If Gronk gets matched up on any of our linebackers....oh dear

Our D is looking like a dream matchup for Gronk. Fitz is our best (and only?) hope. If Gronk gets matched up on any of our linebackers....oh dear
No one is going to cover Gronk by themselves. None of our guys anyway.

Hell, put Gesicki out there on Gronk. Maybe he'll learn a few things.

There's nothing definitive that says Gordan will even play this week. I don't think Gronk destroys Minkah but BB is not going to have Gronk in the slot all day anyway. He will move him around and that will end up putting different players on him. Sometimes it will be Minkah (if Jones is back) and sometimes it will be a LB or safety.

Baker really upped his snap count this week (61%) so he will likely get the assignment on occasion. Hopefully with help.

Just double Gronk. Nobody can cover that beast one on one. They really don't have anyone else.

Fudge, I forgot about Gordon. Throw X on him and hope he can hold up.

Gordon hasn't played since when, 2013?. He could be a shell of him former self for all we know.

Matt Pratricia knew exactly how to shut down the Pats offense. First ththe lions kept the ball away from the Pats offense. Second they double teamed Gronk which always blew my mind that others teams dont do this more often and gronk will somehow get wide open. Double team gronk and if Edelman or James white beat you, then so be it.

Also it drives me insane how so many defensive players dont ever turn their head around when they know the ball is in the air coming to the guy they are covering. Brady throws to coverage with defenders backs to him all the time and all the coverage man has to do is turn their head around and it could be an easy INT! Drives me insane, watch the WR/RB/TE eyes!! And freaking turn around and locate the ball!!!

No one in the NFL can single cover gronk. It's a team effort and I would put two guys on him at the line and double jam him all game, like the Lions did and how belichick used to against Antonio Gates.

Yeah. And we drafted Koa Misi 2 picks before we could have drafted Gronk.

AND that is the draft we traded down instead of drafting Earl Thomas.

Being a Dolphins fan has been a brutal ride.

Just double Gronk. Nobody can cover that beast one on one. They really don't have anyone else.

Fudge, I forgot about Gordon. Throw X on him and hope he can hold up.

Gordon hasn't played since when, 2013?. He could be a shell of him former self for all we know.

If I see Gronk running free 1 on 1 with a defender I'm absolutely going to lose it.

Like everyone's said, DOUBLE HIM....Patricia knew to do this and best knew how to deal with/cover him and did it all game. Let's not get cute and try to second guess him - he's dealt with or seen Gronkowski close up since he came into the league, OTA, minicamps, etc. and probably knows better than anyone how to scheme against him....DO THAT!

One caveat though is Gordon - that could present a real issue if comes to ball and plays his A game...but, with him who knows?

I think minkah was a little flat on that one Nelson crosser although it felt like a lb didn’t get depth there. Bakers speed showed up to run him out of bounds prior to the end zone.

The other Nelson throw that was a straight vertical I don’t care if he was a little late to flow laterally or not there he had no chance of impacting that ball there with mccain giving zero resistance. And his speed showed in that he kept that one out of the end zone.

Oakland picked on mccain. They won’t be the only ones

Back
Top Bottom