Fitzpatrick Starting | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick Starting

How do the players in the locker room feel about it though?
Why? Do they get a vote?

Anyway, I didn't see any statement attributed to anyone specific (unless it's behind the pay wall). Just beat writers goin fishin again.

Why? Do they get a vote?

Anyway, I didn't see any statement attributed to anyone specific (unless it's behind the pay wall). Just beat writers goin fishin again.
The article is basically Chan Gailey talking about how much farther ahead Fitzpatrick is right now compared to Tua, and then leans on Flores' statement that Tua will start when healthy, which the reporter assumes will be this week. Everyone seems to be forgetting that Flores determines when Tua is healthy and no longer "affected" by the thumb, so if he wants to bench Tua again this week or next, he certainly can.

This is a tough spot for Flores now, since the OC has said that Fitz is the better QB, and there is a chance to get a playoff spot this year, there is a possibility the team starts losing faith if they play Tua, yet, Tua needs the playing time so they know if he is the future by draft time. All could have been avoided by not benching him against the Broncos.

The article is basically Chan Gailey talking about how much farther ahead Fitzpatrick is right now compared to Tua, and then leans on Flores' statement that Tua will start when healthy, which the reporter assumes will be this week. Everyone seems to be forgetting that Flores determines when Tua is healthy and no longer "affected" by the thumb, so if he wants to bench Tua again this week or next, he certainly can.

This is a tough spot for Flores now, since the OC has said that Fitz is the better QB, and there is a chance to get a playoff spot this year, there is a possibility the team starts losing faith if they play Tua, yet, Tua needs the playing time so they know if he is the future by draft time. All could have been avoided by not benching him against the Broncos.
Thanks for the overview.

Not sure if that puts Flo on the spot though. Only Tua extremists wouldn't concede a 17 year vet that worked under this OC previously, wouldn't be ahead of a rookie, without the benifit of a real offseason program.

Seems like common sense to me, that would be the case.

It's also not the only, or determining factor here.

Is Tua back practicing w the 1st team? Does anyone know?

LOL, what a joke of a take.

First Shannon says no QB has ever been benched for a rookie after playing well. Well Kurt Warner and Alex Smith would like to have a word about that. It is the exact same situation.

He then takes Tua's quote out of context. We've gone over it ad nauseam. He didn't say the NFL wasn't hard or was easy. He said it wasn't has hard as he thought it was.

He says the Broncos running the ball was a huge surprise to him. Anyone who knows anything about the Fins knows their run defense is severely lacking this year.

Of his 5 surgeries at Alabama, 3 were elective. Especially the tight rope, which no one ever mentions as now being an injury preventative surgery.

They then talk about how the franchise is still undecided on Tua and the teams future and how with all their draft capital they need to be sure they don't need a Qb in the draft next year.

Skip even says he didn't watch the game but he's basing his take off the highlights.

Terrible segment from a terrible show.

I just listened to a report that said Tua could be out multiple weeks.
I am sorry, I don't have the link anymore I'd have to go relisten to everything.
It may be this one.

If Tua is out multiple weeks. Hes not starting again unless Fitz does awful or gets hurt.

Did Tua lose his job..... this is what I was worried about last week and called a conspiracy theory tinfoil hat wearing fool for it.

SMH I hope to God this isn't the case.

• TUA TAGOVAILOAQB, MIAMI DOLPHINS

Tua Tagovailoa (thumb) is practicing Wednesday.​

Tua practiced on a limited basis last week before getting downgraded to out. There were reports he would miss multiple games, but the Dolphins are optimistic he can return Sunday. Ryan Fitzpatrick will make another start if Tua doesn't get cleared.
    Dec 2, 2020, 12:50 PM ET

Back
Top Bottom