Fitzpatrick Starting | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick Starting

So how do you figure different receivers on the same team having different SEP?

Both Preston Williams and Devante Parker were bottom 10 in the league(2.1 yards)... Allen Hurns was middle of the pack(3 yards) and Wilson was top 10(again). I'd say the stat that correlates the most with SEP is average cushion. Preston Williams and Parker were also bottom of the league at it and we cant really say: "Well they aint getting a cushion because Fitz wasnt really a threat downfied at this point in his career", because Wilson was top 5 at it...

Again, Neither Fitz or Tua have to take blame for the fact our receivers arent getting separation... It just is what it is no matter what agenda people are going to bring into this conversation... Parker not getting open was brought up pre-draft, its nothing new....
Cushion certainly would be another variable, which actually reenforces my original point, that the seperation stat needs context.

Don't be so damn defensive (not only this post). My post had zero to do with, or mention of the QBs, and I said our WRs are not good. It was more an observation about the use of "seperation" as a statistic, than anything Dolphin specific.

Do you dispute that time to throw is also a factor?

Cushion certainly would be another variable, which actually reenforces my original point, that the seperation stat needs context.

Don't be so damn defensive (not only this post). My post had zero to do with, or mention of the QBs, and I said our WRs are not good. It was more an observation about the use of "seperation" as a statistic, than anything Dolphin specific.

Do you dispute that time to throw is also a factor?
I was refering to another poster about the agenda part, I thought it was pretty obvious who, but hey wth the hell... Sorry

And you have a lot of posts saying nothing but a QB fixes everything ignoring all context or rational discussion. You're the kind of dude who spent 7 years expecting Tannehill to fix an offense by himself and ignoring what kind of obvious boosts are gained through other positions.

There's a reason why Allen jumped 10% and 70ypg when he got Diggs. There's a reason why Murray goes from good to MVP candidate when he gets Hopkins. There's a reason why Tom Brady goes from good to breaking all records in a single season when he got Moss and Welker. It's always more than just the QB.

You are sitting here pretending that our offensive weapons are "better than we think" which is only an argument that one would make by throwing a QB under the bus. Maybe they're not. It's not like we're sitting here watching Tannehill overthrow Wallace over and over again here. These guys aren't open. There is no running game. This isn't a "good"offense and your genius fix is specious reasoning that it would look better under Mahomes.

Cool story. This is a dumb discussion that never ends outside of reading 400 posts by you the rest of the year saying all our QBs are bad and we need to draft Fields or whatever other bad QB you think exists in college because tHaT'lL tOtAlLy HeLp.

Zzzzzz...
Exactly for someone that screams “team” it’s funny how one player gets all the blame when things go bad.

One thing to consider on separation is that big players get less of it, unless they are just stellar players. Large bodies don't turn or cut as well... basic physics.

...and our team is LOADED with large body receivers. We expected to have DVP, Williams, and Gesicki as starters... and Hurns as a big slot/4th receiver. This was by design. We NEEDED Wilson and the RBs to be quick... and present... in order for the design to work.

Oops...

I was refering to another poster about the agenda part, I thought it was pretty obvious who, but hey wth the hell... Sorry
No biggie. You know me. Highly excitable, but never offended.

I have seen you jump on posters recently, that didn't seem to merit the level of response. Just because someone disagrees, is no reason to always start a fist fight.

I mean yeah, if they are being a$$hats, I sometimes do too, but some ppl do come here for enjoyment, not to argue, or get beat over the head for stating an opinion.

I guess I just never thought you were like that before this season.

Clements Minnesota... this tiny flyspeck of a farm village, it's about an hour and a half from Sioux Falls...

Let's just say, I know ND weather.

And you have a lot of posts saying nothing but a QB fixes everything ignoring all context or rational discussion. You're the kind of dude who spent 7 years expecting Tannehill to fix an offense by himself and ignoring what kind of obvious boosts are gained through other positions.

There's a reason why Allen jumped 10% and 70ypg when he got Diggs. There's a reason why Murray goes from good to MVP candidate when he gets Hopkins. There's a reason why Tom Brady goes from good to breaking all records in a single season when he got Moss and Welker. It's always more than just the QB.

You are sitting here pretending that our offensive weapons are "better than we think" which is only an argument that one would make by throwing a QB under the bus. Maybe they're not. It's not like we're sitting here watching Tannehill overthrow Wallace over and over again here. These guys aren't open. There is no running game. This isn't a "good"offense and your genius fix is specious reasoning that it would look better under Mahomes.

Cool story. This is a dumb discussion that never ends outside of reading 400 posts by you the rest of the year saying all our QBs are bad and we need to draft Fields or whatever other bad QB you think exists in college because tHaT'lL tOtAlLy HeLp.

Zzzzzz...
Is this stream of consciousness or what???

:lol:

Seriously, are you addressing me in specific, or some sort of generality?

And what's you core point?

Are you defending our QBs or indicting them?

Is Mahomes like really good or not?

How important in the QB in the NFL in your opinion?

086757b94445b4ac9d30624ba44f23ac.png

Well said!

You think we've had "excellent QB play" this year?

The kind of QB play that makes everyone better???

Seriously. Our biggest weakness on O has been @ QB!

Granted RB is a close 2nd. But our QB play has been anything but consistent and highly efficient.

Can't sustain drives. Can't hit open receivers. Can't stand in the pocket and make critical plays. Can't...

>>> maybe I'll change my sig based on this premise.

our biggest weakness on O has been OL. RB production is worse and so is probably the play, but it's not as curcial to a successful offense as the OL.

none of pour positional groups on O have been good objecitvely. Parker makes the WR more than they are, TEs are mostly inconsistent. one could absolutely argue, QB has been our least weak position on O.

our biggest weakness on O has been OL. RB production is worse and so is probably the play, but it's not as curcial to a successful offense as the OL.

none of pour positional groups on O have been good objecitvely. Parker makes the WR more than they are, TEs are mostly inconsistent. one could absolutely argue, QB has been our least weak position on O.
On the bright side, I think we are only one draft away from where we need to be.

Back
Top Bottom