Fitzpatrick Starting | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick Starting

On TE, the guy to get is Pitts from UF. Dude is almost uncoverable. I’d love to have him.
From what I've seen -- yeah he's an excellent prospect.

But I've seen no evidence that he's "uncoverable" at the NFL level.

My opinion. Of course.

Well here's another one that fits the anti-Fitz...

If we had a legit NFL hero @ QB every player on O would look a LOT better!

We don't. We have a bearded old man and a rookie who is seriously green.

How ya like those apples?
Are you giving me apples or strawmans? I only like the former.

There's a way to discuss things without annoying people with hyperbolic nonsense.

Are you giving me apples or strawmans? I only like the former.

There's a way to discuss things without annoying people with hyperbolic nonsense.
Well said!

You think we've had "excellent QB play" this year?

The kind of QB play that makes everyone better???

Seriously. Our biggest weakness on O has been @ QB!

Granted RB is a close 2nd. But our QB play has been anything but consistent and highly efficient.

Can't sustain drives. Can't hit open receivers. Can't stand in the pocket and make critical plays. Can't...

>>> maybe I'll change my sig based on this premise.

Well said!

Granted RB is a close 2nd. But our QB play has been anything but consistent and highly efficient.

Can't sustain drives. Can't hit open receivers. Can't stand in the pocket and make critical plays. Can't...

I think its difficult to say what our biggest weakness is on offense. We need upgrades across the board. No wr, rb, ol has struggled. Take your pick. To just say its our biggest weakness isn't fair.

Well said!

Ok, but this is an opinion. You know what isn't an opinion? Cold hard data that shows that Parker, Williams, and Gisecki are 3 out of the 7 lowest receiving threats in the entire NFL at average yards of separation per route. This is a stat that is independent of the QB.

So there's a literal fact that our receivers don't get open so start the discussion from there. Has our QB been excellent beyond that? Nope, but even Brady had been struggling for years in NE with a bunch of receivers who couldn't get open. It's why they had to go after losers like Gordon and Brown because it was so bad. To pile on beyond that, anyone with eyes can see that our RBs aren't making many people miss or taking advantage of holes when they appear which is why we're sitting here with the worst rushing attack in the NFL... again. Watch any random Derrick Henry run and then compare it to what we see on an every down basis and it's ridiculous.

You want so badly for this to be binary, but it isn't. We have possession receivers who don't get YAC and don't get open so we're relegated to throwing into tight windows or jump balls constantly. We have the worst RB situation in the league and it's not even close, and we have an offensive line starting 2-3 offseasonless rookies. None of that adds up to a consistent offense no matter who the QB is as there are too many areas that can break down on any given play.

If you want to blame it ALL on the QB and pretend like shoving Mahomes into this situation will all of a sudden result in a 30+ppg offense, you have to realize that it's coming from your own head and not reality so there's nothing really to discuss.

Ok, but this is an opinion. You know what isn't an opinion? Cold hard data that shows that Parker, Williams, and Gisecki are 3 out of the 7 lowest receiving threats in the entire NFL at average yards of separation per route. This is a stat that is independent of the QB.

So there's a literal fact that our receivers don't get open so start the discussion from there. Has our QB been excellent beyond that? Nope, but even Brady had been struggling for years in NE with a bunch of receivers who couldn't get open. It's why they had to go after losers like Gordon and Brown because it was so bad. To pile on beyond that, anyone with eyes can see that our RBs aren't making many people miss or taking advantage of holes when they appear which is why we're sitting here with the worst rushing attack in the NFL... again. Watch any random Derrick Henry run and then compare it to what we see on an every down basis and it's ridiculous.

You want so badly for this to be binary, but it isn't. We have possession receivers who don't get YAC and don't get open so we're relegated to throwing into tight windows or jump balls constantly. We have the worst RB situation in the league and it's not even close, and we have an offensive line starting 2-3 offseasonless rookies. None of that adds up to a consistent offense no matter who the QB is as there are too many areas that can break down on any given play.

If you want to blame it ALL on the QB and pretend like shoving Mahomes into this situation will all of a sudden result in a 30+ppg offense, you have to realize that it's coming from your own head and not reality so there's nothing really to discuss.
All I can say is -- if you don't think a QB like Mahomes would instantly upgrade this O across the board!

I can't even go there it's so absolutely nonsensical!

All I can say is -- if you don't think a QB like Mahomes would instantly upgrade this O across the board!

I can't even go there it's so absolutely nonsensical!
I know he would. He's better than Fitz or Tua right now. What I'm saying is that to get what YOU want for an offense, it isn't just the QB as some miracle answer.

Edit: And stop with the strawmans because I never said that. Are you completely incapable of having a discussion without making things up or is that your go-to?

In my pick em pool every week they ask who will score the most points this week. I picked Miami as you guys should put up many against the Bengals whether Fitz or Tua plays. You think I made the right choice there?

I know he would. He's better than Fitz or Tua right now. What I'm saying is that to get what YOU want for an offense, it isn't just the QB as some miracle answer.
Well I'm glad you have the capacity to readily admit when you're clearly wrong.

Beyond that -- you cannot blame WRs for being "inferior" when they get open

and the QB can't make the play. Just like when there's some room to run and

the RB makes a bad decision and gets TFL. It's not always on the OL or the

receivers or the OC or the TEs. It's a TEAM game (and again, I'm glad that

light has turned on for you)!

So, you agree, our QB play has been less than ideal? And based on that

quick reactions regarding the overall O efficiency may not be entirely correct?

If so -- we're golden.

In my pick em pool every week they ask who will score the most points this week. I picked Miami as you guys should put up many against the Bengals whether Fitz or Tua plays. You think I made the right choice there?
I think you may be very disappointed my friend.

We have the mindset to shut it down, and play it safe with multiscore leads, which against Cincy could be 17 pts.....lol.

I think you may be very disappointed my friend.

We have the mindset to shut it down, and play it safe with multiscore leads, which against Cincy could be 17 pts.....lol.
Ok looking at all the games this week who do you guys think will or has potential to score the most points this week?

Well I'm glad you have the capacity to readily admit when you're clearly wrong.

Beyond that -- you cannot blame WRs for being "inferior" when they get open

and the QB can't make the play. Just like when there's some room to run and

the RB makes a bad decision and gets TFL. It's not always on the OL or the

receivers or the OC or the TEs. It's a TEAM game (and again, I'm glad that

light has turned on for you)!

So, you agree, our QB play has been less than ideal? And based on that

quick reactions regarding the overall O efficiency may not be entirely correct?

If so -- we're golden.
Seems you just glossed over the fact that our receivers get open less than any team in the league, but sure. QB's fault.

Lol...

Seems you just glossed over the fact that our receivers get open less than any team in the league, but sure. QB's fault.

Lol...
according to WHO?

And do you have any clue how subjective something like "open" is???

More nonsense IMO. Very few receivers in the NFL get wide open barring a coverage breakdown.

Beyond that there are a ton of other variables to factor into such an obviously subjective opinion.

LOL back at ya!

Back
Top Bottom