Fitzpatrick Starting | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick Starting

You're right, all other positions are irrelevant. Should just fill any voids with UDFAs because as long as the QB is at least mediocre, all other positions will automatically perform at or above expectation. The offense only relies on ONE POSITION ALWAYS. Only the smartest of football minds will understand this.

/s
If you have a QB in the NFL who pretty much needs everything around him to be "perfect..." Well -- good luck with that.

If we had ONE really high-performance Pro QB on our roster you'd definitely see a significant uptick in overall O performance.
Doesn't mean we do as you propose and use UDFAs to somehow prop up an argument!

Have a nice day.

:oops:

If Tua was so good then there wouldn’t be any controversy. There would be no competition. But he needs to start so that he can be evaluated which will determine how high we draft another QB.

Fitz, I love seeing him play. I enjoy his style, reminds me of Favre with a Pennington arm. But he is better than Tua due to experience. There should be no denying this unless you are clueless which many here are. However, Fitz has never led a team to the playoffs and isn’t going to be a Dolphin next year and isn’t our future. That doesn’t mean that Tua is our future but we need to find out fast.

This if Tua is 100% is total ****! This is the NFL, who is really 100%! You think any of the top QBs are 100%? Suck it up and ****ing play! This man purse generation is soft! This leaves Flo an out to play Fitz because he is trying to get into the playoffs.

If you have a QB in the NFL who pretty much needs everything around him to be "perfect..." Well -- good luck with that.

If we had ONE really high-performance Pro QB on our roster you'd definitely see a significant uptick in overall O performance.

Have a nice day.

Name one QB in the NFL that has turned the offense around with mediocre receivers and/or RB. Not even Dan the man would be able to.

Name one QB in the NFL that has turned the offense around with mediocre receivers and/or RB. Not even Dan the man would be able to.
You're right!

Every QB in the NFL has *All Star* talent surrounding him!

>>> enough of the excuses.

Ok. Well i certainly hope you are correct. I agree that he should be way better than Fitz, but from his time starting i just dont see it. Fitz makes a ton of mistakes, but his command of the offense is superior to me. I believe Tua needs more time. He is way to cautious with the ball. I like the fact he doesn't throw picks, but you have to give the wr an opportunity to make a play. Fitz is total opposite to the detriment of the team, but at least he gives them a chance
I will say that I agree that Fitz at the very least is more comfortable at this stage. But Tua isn't going to get comfortable staying on the bench, and has shown that he gives us just as much a chance, imo.

And I don't see Fitz throwing people open either, he's just trusting his WR to make the play. And The WRs are doing their job in that respect, but aren't getting hardly any separation and no YAC either.

Rambled on a bit, but where as I think Fitz is doing better in these areas, it's not so much better that would warrant him to start, in my opinion. Now if he continues to play like he did in Denver, then I'd probably rethink some of this, but I'm not there yet.

Have a nice day.

well your dismissal of the lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball, and twisting it to somehow suggest everything around him 'needs to be perfect' after four games, suggests you think Tua is a bust and it's time to move on. How is that any less ridiculous than my sarcasm?

I agree on the coverage in practice. Time will tell. I would hate for us to loose the chance this year. Haven't sniffed the playoffs in years. Might be a moot point if we get rolled by both the chiefs and the bills coming up
Time will tell. I want Tua to do well and am rooting for him. I just haven't seen anything yet.

Has everyone forgotten Tuas performance in the Arizona game?
He had a fantastic game with a 4th quarter comeback.
He was given big leads in the other 2 games and managed the game protecting the leads as he should.
He was a little off in the Denver game.
But he's a rookie with only 4 games of experience.
He also has limited weapons to work with.
Even the lowly Jets have better wide receivers than the Phins, outside of Parker of course.
There is no quarterback decision to made between Tua and Fitz.
Tua is the starter now and in the future when healthy.
The Dolphins are not drafting a QB next year.
Tua has shown he is capable of being a star QB.
He is our QB now and in the future,

He was given big leads in the other 2 games and managed the game protecting the leads as he should.
Even the lowly Jets have better wide receivers than the Phins, outside of Parker of course.
We need another qb on the roster next year. Can't go into the season with just Tua at the helm. We need to draft one. Fitz might be done after this year

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Tua is not capable of being a starter. He can’t even stay healthy. We need to draft another QB. Not drafting a QB would be making the same mistake when Tannehill was here.

I still like Tua a lot and think he has what it takes to be the franchise QB. I thought waiting until next year to start was the smart move all along. Oh well, what was done is done.

Having said that, reality is the offense has significantly produced at a higher level when Fitzpatrick has been the QB.

Back
Top Bottom