Fitzpatrick Starting | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick Starting

Has everyone forgotten Tuas performance in the Arizona game?
He had a fantastic game with a 4th quarter comeback.
He was given big leads in the other 2 games and managed the game protecting the leads as he should.
He was a little off in the Denver game.
But he's a rookie with only 4 games of experience.
He also has limited weapons to work with.
Even the lowly Jets have better wide receivers than the Phins, outside of Parker of course.
There is no quarterback decision to made between Tua and Fitz.
Tua is the starter now and in the future when healthy.
The Dolphins are not drafting a QB next year.
Tua has shown he is capable of being a star QB.
He is our QB now and in the future,
I wouldn't be so sure that we don't draft a QB.

Not with a rd1 or 2 pick, but I'm not against a developmental guy if there is someone the scouts like.

Start Tua and his performance determines how high we draft another QB. I hope he excels and stays healthy. Then we can wait until the later rounds to drafts a QB. But we need to draft multiple WRs, a TE and a RB

Start Tua and his performance determines how high we draft another QB. I hope he excels and stays healthy. Then we can wait until the later rounds to drafts a QB. But we need to draft multiple WRs, a TE and a RB
I'm not seeing a TE before LB, so even if we do take one, it won't be a top pass catching prospect.

I wouldn't be so sure that we don't draft a QB.

Not with a rd1 or 2 pick, but I'm not against a developmental guy if there is someone the scouts like.
Actually that is what I meant.
They are not spending their first, second or third round draft capital on a backup QB.
May pick one in late rounds.
They may even either resign Fitz or a veteran to be the backup.
I think Flores likes the veteran mentor to Tua.

Actually that is what I meant.
They are not spending their first, second or third round draft capital on a backup QB.
May pick one in late rounds.
They may even either resign Fitz or a veteran to be the backup.
I think Flores likes the veteran mentor to Tua.
Not sure Fitz would be on board, knowing he isn't going to get an opportunity to win the job.

He considered retirement last year.

Fitz might not want to play anymore to you never know. He has a bunch of kids that maybe he wants to spend time with. As far as us drafting a QB in the later rounds, it's possible but I'd think they'd bring a veteran to be the back up.

As far as TE's, keep an eye on Jake Ferguson. A few of us like him but we don't know if he's declaring or not.

Any suggestions this year?

friermuth he’s not gonna run fast enough where you have to burn a top 25 pick on him. Excellent frame good short area quickness to separate on iso and 3rd down. Out for the year with an injury which may drop him a little too.

like I said earlier though it might come down to how they feel about shaheen going forward and given they extended him they obviously have a roll in mind.

Why do you default to argue against things no one says?
following your implied logic...

Like I said, we'd be a LOT better off if we had ONE high-performance Pro QB on the roster.

We don't. And that makes everyone else look BAD!

You love the strawmans, huh?
Well here's another one that fits the anti-Fitz...

If we had a legit NFL hero @ QB every player on O would look a LOT better!

We don't. We have a bearded old man and a rookie who is seriously green.

How ya like those apples?

On TE, the guy to get is Pitts from UF. Dude is almost uncoverable. I’d love to have him.

Back
Top Bottom