Fitzpatrick's Routine | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick's Routine

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This isnt actually the main point of the article, but I thought this was an interesting insight into our first round pick

His typical day begins at 6:20 a.m. and by the time he steps through the doors at Dolphins camp around 6:40 he’s ready to do work that will last well until 9:30 and sometimes 9:45 that night — long after other players have left the building.

“After we finish up our last meeting or walk-thru, I’ll go get an ice tub and hot tub again [for the second time that day]. I’ll stretch, roll out, and then watch film by myself — whether it be practice or stuff for our first preseason game,” Fitzpatrick said.

“I’ll break [film] down or I’ll go upstairs and meet with one of the coaches. After that, go home, I’ll watch more film, get in bed, and that’s it. Start over the next day

giphy.gif

Fitz playing all over the defense.

Wilson moving all around the offense much like Reggie Bush did.

It these two excel at these roles and Gase uses them in these flex roles, they could be the key to a very unpredictable team that's hard to scheme for.

On draft night my son and I were chanting his name as soon as the Dolphins were on the clock. I was thrilled with the pick then and even more so now.

If you haven’t read the article you owe it to yourself. I usually don’t care about interviews and articles too much because it’s all so manufactured and phony but this kid has been this way all his life.

“There’s not a whole lot of people that can say they move around and play so many positions. In the NFL secondary, there’s not a lot of people that can do what I do, honestly. So I have to work. I have to put in the extra work. There’s a reason why I can do what I can do.”

“I’m not trying to be normal. I’m trying to be different.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-salguero/article216034750.html#storylink=cpy

I recall Nick Saban's comment about Minkah. What sets him apart is his elite athleticism combined with an extreme work ethic. Nick said that over the years he had coached some with great athleticism and others with an extreme work ethic but what makes Minkah different is that he has both. It is an extremely rare combination.
I attended training camp today and there was one play where Fitzpatrick swooped in the last second to knock the ball away from a receiver. This play probably didn't get much attention but it was no nonsense professionalism. He didn't have the time to go for an interception but the acceleration is there when it's needed. The other thing that struck me about Minkah is that he has a pretty remarkable physique.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom