FIU-UM Fight | 8 Canes Suspended | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FIU-UM Fight | 8 Canes Suspended

lol@people saying miami are a bunch of thugs...give me a break..wasnt it FIU who started it? and people act like this is coker's fault...Last year after the Peach Bowl some Canes were jumped by LSU afterwards and one player got knocked unconscious with a shot from a helmet.. people said the Canes gone soft.. Now they say they outta control.. another guy said this is the worst thing he has ever seen..which is quite stupid to say since fights break out all the time in sports..But what gets me is that this is "Deplorable and disgusting," yet hockey has fights every night where they can swing until someone falls. Baseball has several bench clearing brawls per season. This ****, while bad, is no worse than what happens in other sports.

tucker said:
lol@people saying miami are a bunch of thugs...give me a break..wasnt it FIU who started it? and people act like this is coker's fault...Last year after the Peach Bowl some Canes were jumped by LSU afterwards and one player got knocked unconscious with a shot from a helmet.. people said the Canes gone soft.. Now they say they outta control.. another guy said this is the worst thing he has ever seen..which is quite stupid to say since fights break out all the time in sports..But what gets me is that this is "Deplorable and disgusting," yet hockey has fights every night where they can swing until someone falls. Baseball has several bench clearing brawls per season. This ****, while bad, is no worse than what happens in other sports.

tucker, dont try and bring hockey into this. MoFinz will call you stupid and tell you how he is so much better then you.

tucker said:

Miami isnt a bunch of thugs? Really?

Did it occur to you maybe Miami was embarrased that they were into the 3rd quarter and only up 7-0 when they scored, and the U receiver pointed at the FIU bench and bowed. Wow, some class act there.

Both teams were culpable, both should be punished. Pointing to other sports does nothing to refute the fact this was a classless act that has no place on a football field. If you cant find enough violence in the every down play, maybe they should look into MMA.

Motion said:
That thread is long gone, and for good reason too. I've been on this board 2 years and never saw anything close to the garbage in that thread.
That's saying a lot.

MoFinz said:
Miami isnt a bunch of thugs? Really?

Did it occur to you maybe Miami was embarrased that they were into the 3rd quarter and only up 7-0 when they scored, and the U receiver pointed at the FIU bench and bowed. Wow, some class act there.

Both teams were culpable, both should be punished. Pointing to other sports does nothing to refute the fact this was a classless act that has no place on a football field. If you cant find enough violence in the every down play, maybe they should look into MMA.
umm no they arent thugs..hell i would be embarrased too, but FIU still started the fight...i'm guessing you watched the game so you must have also saw alot of the dirty playing that FIU did..how is it only Miami's fault? hell FIU players are known to be punks

edit: also, did anyone get to hear Lamar Thomas on Comcast broadcasting the game? hilarious!!!

tucker said:
umm no they arent thugs..hell i would be embarrased too, but FIU still started the fight...i'm guessing you watched the game so you must have also saw alot of the dirty playing that FIU did..how is it only Miami's fault? hell FIU players are known to be punks

edit: also, did anyone get to hear Lamar Thomas on Comcast broadcasting the game? hilarious!!!

Where did i say it was ONLY Miamis fault. If you read the end, i blamed both teams for their classless behavior.

RIF man RIF

Reading
Is
Fundamental

self-de‧fense  /ˈsɛlf
thinsp-1.png
dɪˈfɛns, ˌsɛlf-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[self-di-fens, self-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1.the act of defending one's person when physically attacked, as by countering blows or overcoming an assailant

why was hockey even brought up? they don't even fight. they just have little sparring matches that rarely result in anything more than a ripped jersey or something. REAL hockey fights are about as commonplace as REAL football fights or brawls.

if I was in that situation I would have done the same and so would most of you guys so stop blaming the Miami players when they didn't start it. nobody even got hurt so whats the big deal? get over it and move on, Coker will be fired which would have happened anyway

nick1 said:
if I was in that situation I would have done the same and so would most of you guys so stop blaming the Miami players when they didn't start it. nobody even got hurt so whats the big deal? get over it and move on, Coker will be fired which would have happened anyway
Seeing that your 18 and the players from BOTH (bolded in case any more assumptions) teams are around that age, it could be a maturity issue.

I think my argument is valid seeing that MoFins is 41 while the rest of you saying that you need to fight in that situation are in the teens or early 20s

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Seeing that your 18 and the players from BOTH (bolded in case any more assumptions) teams are around that age, it could be a maturity issue.
maybe but some are around your age and your not much older than me

Cuban Dave 9 said:
I think my argument is valid seeing that MoFins is 41 while the rest of you saying that you need to fight in that situation are in the teens or early 20s
come on if someone is beating up one of your friends your telling me you would just sit there?

I'm talking for Miami's sake because they retaileated in self defense and than after the FIU bench cleared you know the Miami bench has to to even the fight

i'm 24 and would have been right in the middle of it if someone did that to my teammate(s)..hell, i have been in a couple brawls...

Back
Top Bottom