Five Keys for Miami | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five Keys for Miami

If he can do that early in the season, imagine how difficult defending Miami will be. Then add in the vision for Achane. It's exciting to think about. Lots of "free " yards for Tua that he needs to exploit.
Tua's new mantra...

Hop (like Marino) and Dump (to the RB)

Hop and dump
Hop and dump
Hop and dump

Tua’s 2023 Tua-Do List:
—Learn to run a bit more
—Learn to tuck your chin and slap the ground when falling
—Learn to throw short a bit more
—Get bigger and stronger in neck, shoulders, core
—Grow taller
—Chadrico is concerned you’re fat
—Learn to slide
—Wear a new helmet
—Spell your name with these letters: “J”, “u”, “s”, “t”, “i”, “n”
—Fever prefers you do a little skip-hop before you throw
—djphinfan prefers you stop running horizontally
—please inform your inner-clock you’re not an off script QB
—read MMs mind faster to relay plays
—put less touch on deep passes…it’s annoying
—quit missing games…it’s even more annoying

Edit: “vertically “ to “horizontally”

Last edited:
Tua's new mantra...

Hop (like Marino) and Dump (to the RB)

Hop and dump
Hop and dump
Hop and dump
Yup that jump step hop you’re talking about is def part of it, Mahomes and Allen are the kings of clearing that first wave by stepping up just a bit, Tua has not mastered that north south skill

Tua’s 2023 Tua-Do List:
—Learn to run a bit more
—Learn to tuck your chin and slap the ground when falling
—Learn to throw short a bit more
—Get bigger and stronger in neck, shoulders, core
—Chadrico is concerned you’re fat
—Learn to slide
—Wear a new helmet
—Fever prefers you to hop before you throw
—djphinfan prefers you to stop running vertically
—please inform your inner-clock you’re not an off script QB
—read MMs mind faster to relay plays
—put less touch on deep passes…it’s annoying
—quit missing games…it’s even more annoying
Lol you got mine wrong..

Stop running “horizontally”

:)

I do agree with Chad Rico…. Wait what..

Our defense under fangio is going to catch everyone off guard. This is going to be a tough defense to beat. I’m excited to watch a new scheme that actually has someone who knows what they’re doing and understands matchups.

What are your thoughts on Eric Saubert? Will he add enough as a blocking tight end?

Donovan Smith is still out there. I would like to see Grier add someone.
Saubert should be our TE3... If he's TE2 or TE1 we will continue to struggle with our Rushing game. Same is true of Smythe nmot being a great option at TE1. Smythe should be a TE2

We were 8-4 before Tua went down.

Think about that 8-4
8-6. We were 8-3. Lost to San Fran. Chargers bills. Then lost to packers went to 8-7

Expanding on both #2 (adjustments) and #3 (better Short Yardage) is really our quandary at TE and RT. Simply put, every play in our offense has multiple ways of blocking it. Typically part of each weeks practices, film study, and walk throughs are going over how we'd BEST like to block things. The OL typically makes calls based on that come game time, and generally has a backup plan for how we will block it if our BEST option isn't working for some reason.
In our scheme's BEST blocking options, we count heavily on the TE to handle DE's and LB's. Routinely blocking them alone. When our TE can't do that, we have to go to plan B or even plan C for how we will handle whatever the defense is doing. Sometimes the problem is just a mismatch and our TE can't handle the DE or LB's. Other times the Defensive scheme may be doing something to overwhelm our TE. In either case, when we have to go to those plan B or C's it puts all of our OL in more difficult responsibilities to help cover what the TE isn't able to do.
Going back to your original post for us to adjust better and have a greater showing in short yardage, we really do have a TE problem. We also have a very obvious RT problem. Everyone knows it, don't let Grier (whom everyone knows I love) and McDaniel (whom everyone knows I love) tell you otherwise.
So if we can find a Blocking TE and a reasonably solid RT we will be in great shape to handle your #2 and #3 points. The TE is an absolute must though in this scheme in it's optimal format.
How can we find the tackle and tight end at this point? Any guys you like? Fleming at tackle. But tight end seems dry. We tried to get tight end smith from vikes but he signed with bengals. I would have liked that for us

How can we find the tackle and tight end at this point? Any guys you like? Fleming at tackle. But tight end seems dry. We tried to get tight end smith from vikes but he signed with bengals. I would have liked that for us
Flemming could work for sure. He came in for a visit and if his medicals checked out, you would think they talked money.
He isn't a great player, but he's pretty solid.
I would not be surprised if there isnt a deal in place for June 1st.

I dont believe there is a better TE option out there than Smythe.

Flemming could work for sure. He came in for a visit and if his medicals checked out, you would think they talked money.
He isn't a great player, but he's pretty solid.
I would not be surprised if there isnt a deal in place for June 1st.

I dont believe there is a better TE option out there than Smythe.
Ya agree. Tight end market seems dried up.
I would be okay with Fleming

Think we could use vet dt to take Jenkins place too. Little worried about depth there.

Don't agree with Chad... he'll change his opinion just to be difficult!

:chuckle:
well to be fair ive been saying the same thing for a few years..never used the word fat but I think his body still needs trasformation ratio wise.

well to be fair ive been saying the same thing for a few years..never used the word fat but I think his body still needs trasformation ratio wise.
Hey c'mon now, Chad may be wrong all the time, but it's not necessary to call him out on his weight.

60% of your "keys" could have been drasticly improved had we just replaced Austin Jackson and Liam Eichenburg. In hindsight if we could go back in time and spend the money we gave Ramsey on a good LG and RT I would do it in a heartbeat.

Ramsey better be able to prevent the opposing offense from scoring double digit points on a weekly basis bc if our offense struggles it will be because he took all the money we needed to spend on the oline.

My initial reaction to getting Ramsey was mad as a hornet bc I didn't think we would fix the oline. I was told by a large number of posters not to panic.... there's more money to spend they said, there's more time and good players to sign in free agency they said, we will address the Oline in the draft they said. So I calmed down about the trade.

But I'm going back to my initial reaction.... trading for Jalen Ramsey was f***ing stupid!
We could have drafted our right tackle in round one if Bruce Beal hadn’t tampered….we also could have not traded for Bradley Chubb and drafted our right tackle…

But in this passing league with rules designed to encourage more passing?

Getting Jalen Ramsey for a 3rd round pick was a great move!

Back
Top Bottom