Flores' allegiance | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores' allegiance

Well 1st there is no tank for Tua, secondly Flores wants to win each week, you can see it in his face, as you can see it on the players, and 3rd, nothing makes an assistant more excited then to beat his old boss.

Though I doubt very much the Patriots will be undefeated when they again meet Miami, and it will take almost a miricle with the talent Miami has to beat the Pats IN NE, I am very sure Flores will absolutely want that win desperately.
Absolutely right. This whole "tank" thing is making fans stupid. I hate to say that because I've never disrespected anyone in this board before, but it's the honest truth. If there's a tank, it's at the Grier level. That's it. If Flores were not trying to win he'd lose the locker room and he's be out of a job in no time. Grier's job might be safe even with the Dolphins getting the 1st overall, but Flores needs to prove himself capable to coach the team moving forward. Looking terrible might not only cost him his job, he'd likely never get another opportunity again in the NFL.

I want to amend what I said before. It's not the "tank" that's making people stupid, it's the bitterness, the cynicism and the resentment that come from talking themselves into rooting against their team and "celebrating" the losses that's doing it.

It is almost like they have played several historically bad offenses.

Yards
Jets twice (32nd)
Dolphins (31st)
Steelers (28th)
Redskins (27th)
Giants (24th)
Bills (17th)

Average 27

Scoring
Jets twice (32nd)
Dolphins (31st)
Redskins (30th)
Giants (25th)
Bills (22nd)
Steelers (21st)

average 27,5

When we make some of these statements, let's add some context. Flores defenses were great in the postseason, against top offenses.
Still better than last years schedule. I never bought into the notion Flores was running that defense anyways. It's Belichick's baby , always has been. They won't miss a beat without their lost LB coach.

Still better than last years schedule. I never bought into the notion Flores was running that defense anyways. It's Belichick's baby , always has been. They won't miss a beat without their lost LB coach.

It was Flores' defense in the same way that it was Romeo Crennel's defense. And Matt Patricia's defense. Actually, no wait, it wasn't, because those guys held the coordinator title. Nevermind.

Oh yah where was I...

After my last Cap... Cappuccino for those who don’t know the lingo....

I said hey Bryan do you want to talk Pats unbeaten steak and Bryan said are you going to finish that scone?!??

Do tell ... What jam does he favor on his scones?

Wouldnt this be fitting for the dolphins.

We beat the Pats at the end of the season and end up missing out on Tua in the draft because of this. All the fans celebrate the win immediately after like the rubes they are and then we finish the season 1-15 and then the Patriots go on to win another super bowl.

Wouldnt this be fitting for the dolphins.

We beat the Pats at the end of the season and end up missing out on Tua in the draft because of this. All the fans celebrate the win immediately after like the rubes they are and then we finish the season 1-15 and then the Patriots go on to win another super bowl.
Then the Patriots trade for the first pick and land Tua.

Yeah, Miami hasn’t won in NE in over a decade and have only won there twice since 2000. It isn’t happening this year.

The ***triots have not played anyone yet. There D is just the same as last. But, BB is now in command.

Steelers suck 2-4 (they beat the 0-7 Bengals and 2-5 Chargers)
Dolphins really suck 0-6 (None yet)
Jets they're worse than us 1-5 (How in the **** did they beat the Cowboys, just wow)?
Bills they are about to suck soon bank it. 5-1 (they beat the 1-5 Jets, 2-5 Giants, 0-7 Bengals, Titans (yawn), 0-6 Dolphins) Who have the Bills played?
Redskins suck 1-6 (they beat the 0-6 Dolphins)
Giants suck 2-5 (enough said bucs and Bengals come on man)
J.E.T.S Suck! Suck Suck! 1-5 (Repeat)

Browns it will be a 48 - 10 (Shellacking and with Sanu now)
Ravens (Here is their 1st loss) Ravens D is good and Jackson is a moving QB
Eagles (Here they will be tested Eagles have a good D)
Cowboys (They will be tested as they can score points)
Texans (They will be tested they have a good D and Watson is a moving QB)
Chiefs (They will be tested if Mahomes comes back they want revenge for being cheated AFC Championship)
Bengals suck
Bills will be eliminated from playoff contention by this game so they suck
Dolphins we suck

So tell me who the **** have they played? No one who is good or even above average yet. Coach Flo did run playcalling through BB and he was not a Coordinator but everyone states he was by defacto. We'll see in time. Bellycheat wants to go undefeated this year and you can see it with how he was acting on the sidelines on MNF. His was up 24 - 0 and he gather his defense and told them I want no points to be scored and they listened. He always coaches his defense. I want Coach Flores to do the same. Grab the team on the sidelines and have a pow-pow with them in-game not in the locker room at half-time because it seems he is not good at it yet coming out. I believe he needs to be more vocal on the sidelines and show some emotion good or bad.

Last edited:
IMO, BB would like that elusive perfect season but beating us in game 16 does not guarantee any such thing, as he found out in the past. Instead, once he has home field locked up, I would not be surprised if he rests all his starters to give Flores, who was a good soldier, a fighting chance AND especially if the Fins winning means he can keep the college QB he's most concerned about out of the division.

Back
Top Bottom