*** Flores Fired Mega Thread *** | Page 184 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Flores Fired Mega Thread ***

Flores This Seaso

• Total voters
Over three years, Flores fought with and/or fired virtually every coach he worked with, alienated his famously deferential GM, demanded a marketing executive be fired, and got in blow up disputes with at least two players, one of whom demanded out. Take it for what it’s worth, but Omar Kelly also said Flo disrespected him in a way no Dolphins coach ever has. All the while Flo pushed for us to disregard at least a dozen credible allegations of sexual misconduct and acquire a player he viewed as likely to help us win.

If that’s not low character to you, I guess our mileage varies.
100% spot on. Phuck Flores at this point.

Last edited:
Well said my friend. However, as you stated, it is not the norm in football. The “strongman” coach works and has worked for generations in the NFL. The “collaborative” approach rarely works. Look at our multiple OC’s this year. That clearly didn’t work on just one side of the ball. I doubt it would work as a whole team. If you remember the 85 Bears…Ditka was the alleged leader but the only guy that the Defense listened to was Buddy Ryan. That led to a lot of friction between the two….And a lot more after the 85 season between the team.

What we need is, and what I want, is a strategist as a coach. Someone like Belichick. Someone that has a vision of how he plays offense, defense and special teams and then out schemes you. What do you do best? We’re going to take that away from you and make you beat us with less than your best. Then I want him to communicate that vision to the team and let them practice towards it. That is a coach I can get behind. I’ve been a season ticket holder since ‘06 now. WAY too many times I’ve sat in that stadium scratching my head and wondering what the **** the coach is thinking. I’m tired of that. I want a coach that knows more about football than I do. A coach that does things with his team that makes me say “Nice Move”. That has happened FAR too few times over the past 20 + years.

As for a GM…..Which to me is easily important as who your coach is….I need a guy that goes by a set of rules on draft day and free agency periods and sticks with them. Gamble on guys that are injured or have a checkered past only with late round assets or with as few dollars as possible. Get known quantities in the draft. Make the draft as little about Russian Roulette as possible. Bring in free agents that are respected. High quality and high talent guys that are as young as possible .

BUT…. As has been proven for too many years now….That’s not what Ross and Grier are looking for. They seem to be looking for splash names no matter the fit. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.
Hey D, you and I 100% agree, a strategist, who can think strategically and tactically. I think that the organization has been trying to get a Head Guy since DS retired, but they never worked out. I think were we differ is that you wish to stay with the tried and true where I prefer disruption.

I believe if you build a structure that cannot be altered and put people in who fit the structure you can outlast the strongman. For Example, Enterprise Holdings (car rental) has a structure in place, it is the most successful car rental, leasing company in the world, they have a structure, and no matter who comes and goes the structure is there.

I can see Mr Rosses vision for the organization, and frankly I like it, of course I liked Auto Nation Used cars as a concept, but we can see how that worked out. IF he can get it to work, like, Amazon, Cord Cutting, Electronics in cars, Joe Namath's bravado, long hair, and white shoes, etc., the concept will effect football forever. If not, rats, no SuperBowl for you VIPER.

The Ever Disruptive VIPER

Hey D, you and I 100% agree, a strategist, who can think strategically and tactically. I think that the organization has been trying to get a Head Guy since DS retired, but they never worked out. I think were we differ is that you wish to stay with the tried and true where I prefer disruption.

I believe if you build a structure that cannot be altered and put people in who fit the structure you can outlast the strongman. For Example, Enterprise Holdings (car rental) has a structure in place, it is the most successful car rental, leasing company in the world, they have a structure, and no matter who comes and goes the structure is there.

I can see Mr Rosses vision for the organization, and frankly I like it, of course I liked Auto Nation Used cars as a concept, but we can see how that worked out. IF he can get it to work, like, Amazon, Cord Cutting, Electronics in cars, Joe Namath's bravado, long hair, and white shoes, etc., the concept will effect football forever. If not, rats, no SuperBowl for you VIPER.

The Ever Disruptive VIPER
Absolutely….We agree on the outcome….It’s just how you get there.

The problem with my way of thinking…There are too few guys like Shula or Belichick and way too many guys like Gase or Flores.

I just want to point out...

the -entire NFL world-, from former and current NFL players, former and current coaches, the media, and fans..... thinks the Dolphins made a huge mistake firing Flores.

Everyone bashing Flores is a Dolphin fan. The rest of the world thinks we are a terrible organization and made yet another blunder.

Wow you’re right. They’re even making memes about it. :BNK:

6638B11A-C91B-42E0-BE8E-AE58304D5C85.jpeg

Texans still interviewing candidates after Flores. I guess they didn't agree to a deal "on the spot"

Well,I could see that and prefer that.

But if that does happen...

There will be no denying what really happened in Miami...who wanted Watson... etc.

It will show Flores was unprofessional, stubborn and pathetic enough to clamor for another QB rather than trying to work with the QB he had.

If he goes there, it will only give more credibility to my belief he tried to minimize Tuas success and attempted to hi lite his failures to try and get rid of Tua.

I will wish no success to Flores if he goes to Houston.

However, any other team...... good luck Flores, I wish you the best
Whatever you say man. He’s part of 4 super championships. When it’s all said and done Miami reacted too quickly to fire Flores. We should have waited a few days since tensions were high. We had a good coach and outside of Harbaugh we have no upgrade and we are now interviewing coaches with no clear plan, which tells me the owner is making decisions and drops it in the teams hands and says fix it. I wish Flores the best and who can blame him for wanting to upgrade the most important position in the game. DW has his issues but if you KNEW and UNDERSTOOD what was going on he’s not going to get charged. He will get suspended 4-6 games.

DW has his issues but if you KNEW and UNDERSTOOD what was going on he’s not going to get charged. He will get suspended 4-6 games.
I'd be interested in seeing your Cliff Notes summary of what you think is going on with the DW case as my mind is still open.

Whatever you say man. He’s part of 4 super championships. When it’s all said and done Miami reacted too quickly to fire Flores. We should have waited a few days since tensions were high. We had a good coach and outside of Harbaugh we have no upgrade and we are now interviewing coaches with no clear plan, which tells me the owner is making decisions and drops it in the teams hands and says fix it. I wish Flores the best and who can blame him for wanting to upgrade the most important position in the game. DW has his issues but if you KNEW and UNDERSTOOD what was going on he’s not going to get charged. He will get suspended 4-6 games.
Lol watch Flores and Watson kick our asses in the coming years if Flores does go to Houston. I mean we can barely beat Houston to began with.

Anyone confused about why Flores was fired shouldn't be after seeing the Bills dismantle the Patriots on both sides of the ball..

Chris Long, Peter Schrager and Macon Gunter (around 6 min mark) discuss the love the players had for Flo. You don't come back from 1-7 without it.

Let me propose this theory regarding the firing of Flo.

Let's look at the history of some Billy's Kids once they leave New England:

Josh MacDaniels
He went for total control early. Traded Cutler which was good, but drafted Tebow in round #1, which was a joke. Ran a playoff contender into the ground. Got his ass fired and ran back to Daddy leaving Jon Elway and Peyton Manning to temporarily right the ship.

Bill O'Brien
Gained total control. Made some playoff appearances. But, ran the franchise into the ground through some of the worst trades in NFL history. Ran to Billy's college clone and hid out for a year. Now looking to re-enter the league.

Joe Judge
This guy can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag with a hole in it. Failed at coaching so badly, he never had the chance to attempt a play for total control.

Brian Flores
Great coach. Players played hard for him. Back to back winning seasons for the first time in how long? BUT: His relationship with Grier soured for some reason. Was it Tua over Herbert? Was it wanting Watson? Who knows, Who cares?
My theory is he decided he couldn't work with Grier any more and wanted total control or out and forced Ross to choose.
Moral of this story?

If you try to slice your GM's throat, make sure the team owner is on board with it or you will be unemployed.

Back
Top Bottom