*** Flores Fired Mega Thread *** | Page 183 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Flores Fired Mega Thread ***

Flores This Seaso

• Total voters
Flores is not low character at all

No, Flores is not low character, seemingly the opposite - but his blind pursuit of Watson is putting winning over character. Watson is radioactive right now yet has Flores gravitating to him like the moon.

Ha Ha….Not too hard to read between those lines. To be honest, I think both Ross and Grier have good intentions. I just think they’re not good at football to be honest. They’ve been together since Ross bought the team and have failed at pretty much every turn.

I’m sure you’ll think I’m being a little hard on them….But I don’t think so. What did Einstein say about insanity? Do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. Well…..Here we go again. Doing the same thing over and over again. I was originally dead set against Flores. Some of his successes got me excited about him….But alas…here we are after 3 years washing, rinsing and repeating.
Hey D, this is going to be the everlasting Gobstopper of a post but here I go.

in reality, I do question some of Mr. Rosses decisions. He now wants an organization built around "collaborative" effort and "communication", it is his right to do so, and obviously this has worked for him in other endeavors. But it is not the norm as far as Football is concerned. Generally, a football team has a central figure that retains the glory or blame. As far as glory, if this central figure starts to to think they can dictate to the universe how it is run, (CoachShula, J.J., D.W. et al) or are blinded by personal loyalties (Coach Shula), well the organization fails.

So Mr Ross wants to use a different "concept", this concept is actually the best for long term success. Think about this, after B.B. is gone (one way or another, my guess would be a stroke on the sideline) what will the Patriots do, I believe Chaos will fill the void. On the other hand, once the "ethos" of collaboration has been established, this can be a multigenerational success.

Up till now we have had several permutations of the "Strongman". Parcells is the most notable in management, as far as coaching, except for Tony S., and the Big Shrimp Camaron, they have all been "Strongman" types. Now as we drill down, Parcells did not work, DW, did not work, JJ did not work, Coach Shula worked to a point, then collapsed, Phailbin, Gasex, and now GaseFlo.

As far as coaches are concerned, I think it is a case of fake it till you make it, "Oh yes Mr. Ross, collaborate and communicate, will do, yup great idea. Then when they get in, you get Adolph Saddam Gase.

Unfortunately, only time will tell if this will work, I hope it does, it is the beginning of the 4th quarter for me, and if they don't get their 2min offense going I will not see another championship.

The Ever In 2 Min Offense Mode VIPER

PS Getting some random hits of hail here at the Ranch and Estate, so to my Bro's north of Wake County NC, hunker down, get the generator ready.

Flores is not low character at all
Over three years, Flores fought with and/or fired virtually every coach he worked with, alienated his famously deferential GM, demanded a marketing executive be fired, and got in blow up disputes with at least two players, one of whom demanded out. Take it for what it’s worth, but Omar Kelly also said Flo disrespected him in a way no Dolphins coach ever has. All the while Flo pushed for us to disregard at least a dozen credible allegations of sexual misconduct and acquire a player he viewed as likely to help us win.

If that’s not low character to you, I guess our mileage varies.

My statement is simple, and to-the-point: MR. ROSS IS A STUPID PERSON! Thank you!

Polish_20220115_114948334.jpg

Hes gone. Not grasping why any Fin would be bothered where he ends up now. Not in AFC East. Move on!
Because most folks have worked for maniacs like Flores, and there is a visceral reaction towards people like him. They still carry the scars from their encounters, so it is a coping reaction, allowing them to externalize what they have been internalizing for years. Quite healthy in fact. Or they just hate the guy. :chuckle:

The Ever Self Aware VIPER

Hey D, this is going to be the everlasting Gobstopper of a post but here I go.

in reality, I do question some of Mr. Rosses decisions. He now wants an organization built around "collaborative" effort and "communication", it is his right to do so, and obviously this has worked for him in other endeavors. But it is not the norm as far as Football is concerned. Generally, a football team has a central figure that retains the glory or blame. As far as glory, if this central figure starts to to think they can dictate to the universe how it is run, (CoachShula, J.J., D.W. et al) or are blinded by personal loyalties (Coach Shula), well the organization fails.

So Mr Ross wants to use a different "concept", this concept is actually the best for long term success. Think about this, after B.B. is gone (one way or another, my guess would be a stroke on the sideline) what will the Patriots do, I believe Chaos will fill the void. On the other hand, once the "ethos" of collaboration has been established, this can be a multigenerational success.

Up till now we have had several permutations of the "Strongman". Parcells is the most notable in management, as far as coaching, except for Tony S., and the Big Shrimp Camaron, they have all been "Strongman" types. Now as we drill down, Parcells did not work, DW, did not work, JJ did not work, Coach Shula worked to a point, then collapsed, Phailbin, Gasex, and now GaseFlo.

As far as coaches are concerned, I think it is a case of fake it till you make it, "Oh yes Mr. Ross, collaborate and communicate, will do, yup great idea. Then when they get in, you get Adolph Saddam Gase.

Unfortunately, only time will tell if this will work, I hope it does, it is the beginning of the 4th quarter for me, and if they don't get their 2min offense going I will not see another championship.

The Ever In 2 Min Offense Mode VIPER

PS Getting some random hits of hail here at the Ranch and Estate, so to my Bro's north of Wake County NC, hunker down, get the generator ready.
Well said my friend. However, as you stated, it is not the norm in football. The “strongman” coach works and has worked for generations in the NFL. The “collaborative” approach rarely works. Look at our multiple OC’s this year. That clearly didn’t work on just one side of the ball. I doubt it would work as a whole team. If you remember the 85 Bears…Ditka was the alleged leader but the only guy that the Defense listened to was Buddy Ryan. That led to a lot of friction between the two….And a lot more after the 85 season between the team.

What we need is, and what I want, is a strategist as a coach. Someone like Belichick. Someone that has a vision of how he plays offense, defense and special teams and then out schemes you. What do you do best? We’re going to take that away from you and make you beat us with less than your best. Then I want him to communicate that vision to the team and let them practice towards it. That is a coach I can get behind. I’ve been a season ticket holder since ‘06 now. WAY too many times I’ve sat in that stadium scratching my head and wondering what the **** the coach is thinking. I’m tired of that. I want a coach that knows more about football than I do. A coach that does things with his team that makes me say “Nice Move”. That has happened FAR too few times over the past 20 + years.

As for a GM…..Which to me is easily important as who your coach is….I need a guy that goes by a set of rules on draft day and free agency periods and sticks with them. Gamble on guys that are injured or have a checkered past only with late round assets or with as few dollars as possible. Get known quantities in the draft. Make the draft as little about Russian Roulette as possible. Bring in free agents that are respected. High quality and high talent guys that are as young as possible .

BUT…. As has been proven for too many years now….That’s not what Ross and Grier are looking for. They seem to be looking for splash names no matter the fit. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Flores has spent the year doing this all while coaching the Dolphins and neglecting his QB.
I'm just glad the circus he caused is gone. Hopefully Tua defies the na-sayers and succeeds. But if he don't, I'd think Miami looks QB in 2023. JMO.

I'm just glad the circus he caused is gone. Hopefully Tua defies the na-sayers and succeeds. But if he don't, I'd think Miami looks QB in 2023. JMO.
You have to wonder if this is why Flores checked out after the trade deadline and became toxic. Maybe he promised Watson he would be a Fin.

I just want to point out...

the -entire NFL world-, from former and current NFL players, former and current coaches, the media, and fans..... thinks the Dolphins made a huge mistake firing Flores.

Everyone bashing Flores is a Dolphin fan. The rest of the world thinks we are a terrible organization and made yet another blunder.

the -entire NFL world-, from former and current NFL players, former and current coaches, the media, and fans..... thinks the Dolphins made a huge mistake firing Flores.

Everyone bashing Flores is a Dolphin fan. The rest of the world thinks we are a terrible organization and made yet another blunder.

The rest of the world doesn't follow us closely. Who is more likely to be right, the people that follow the context of our record or people who just go "wow they won games" with no context?

They are on the outside looking in. They will come around.

Back
Top Bottom