Flores Gets to Sue the League and Three Teams - But NOT The Dolphins! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Gets to Sue the League and Three Teams - But NOT The Dolphins!

phinsforlife

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I don't fully understand this, but for once, the Dolphins didn't get the short end of the stick. Miracle. Hopefully this is a good omen for something! Arbitration is a much more neutral, objective and less emotional process. This is why the NFL wants it. Still do not understand the judge's ruling, given this is how the contracts are drawn up. Tough for me to believe of all their sins, the Dolphins can be accused of discrimination. Black GM, black head coach, new coach bi-racial, etc. There were also real grounds to fire Flores, notably the offense and his treatment of Tua, and being pigheaded and impossible to work with.

"The judge said that Flores can let a jury decide the merits of his discrimination claims against the league, the Denver Broncos, the New York Giants and the Houston Texans but that he must pursue his claims against the Miami Dolphins through arbitration."

Last edited:
Thought the Dolphins all along were on the lawsuit because Ross behaved like a moron and said to the press he fired Flores because he didn’t communicate well in the organization.

A poison pill for a HC getting fired and looking to get another chance.

Even a bad lawyer would tell their client to put in the lawsuit the reason Flores didn’t communicate with Ross was because he offered multiple times to pay Flores for losing games.

I believe Goodell took that 1st from Miami because of that, not the tampering. Goodell swept the offers made to Flores, which witnesses confirmed, as perhaps joking because the Dolphins went 5-4 to close the season.

Lot’s of tampering goes on, but if fans and bettors find owners are paying HC’s to lose games that would definitely tarnish the shield and could lose $$$

I thought the racial element of the case always had to do with the Giants/Broncos, etc. and how they scheduled Flores interviews to just pass the Rooney Rule and never intended to give him a chance? The Dolphins portion basically had to do with him being asked and allegedly incentivized to lose games to tank the season and get Joe Burrow?

Thought the Dolphins all along were on the lawsuit because Ross behaved like a moron and said to the press he fired Flores because he didn’t communicate well in the organization.

A poison pill for a HC getting fired and looking to get another chance.

Even a bad lawyer would tell their client to put in the lawsuit the reason Flores didn’t communicate with Ross was because he offered multiple times to pay Flores for losing games.

I believe Goodell took that 1st from Miami because of that, not the tampering. Goodell swept the offers made to Flores, which witnesses confirmed, as perhaps joking because the Dolphins went 5-4 to close the season.

Lot’s of tampering goes on, but if fans and bettors find owners are paying HC’s to lose games that would definitely tarnish the shield and could lose $$$
Exactly. What Flores alleged is illegal and becomes a criminal matter directly for an NFL owner.

The tampering was Goodell covering for Ross imo.

Back
Top Bottom