Flores Indicates That Rosen Is Not Ready Yet... (merged 3x) | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Indicates That Rosen Is Not Ready Yet... (merged 3x)

Rosen to be announced starting QB today. No link but you heard it here 1st

There's not a whole left to evaluate. Nothing is going to change among these qb's between now and the start of practice for week 1. It is what it is. It's just a matter of Flores wanting to start off with a vet who will at the very least run the offense competently or a "quasi" rookie, who you know will have his head scratching moments running the offense. At this point their play is about equal.
You have to take the "evaluation" part up with Flores. I am just saying what he said.

Let me put to you this way - In Miami's structure, Grier will take input from several different people. He'll work closer with the offensive coaches in terms of input for offensive players that fit their system, and defensive coaches for potential players that fit their system. I doubt Brian Flores knew much about Josh Rosen to have much input. He was busy coaching the Patriots and devising game plans all year up to the Superbowl. He wasn't watching Josh Rosen.

After Flores was hired, they all had months to watch film of Rosen, talk to people, and become a little more familiar with him - and everyone give their own input in terms of what value they felt was suitable for Rosen. This was kicked around for months before it happened.

Brian Flores doesn't coach quarterbacks. What he's observing are the intangibles. He wants to know Rosen is ready to LEAD the team. Not just be ready to play football.

But draft picks and compensation regarding trades fall squarely on Chris Grier. That's his job. It's not the coaches job to determine compensation. They can suggest whatever they want, but it's ultimately up to Grier.

The head coach decides who stays and who goes and who plays and who doesn't. However, Grier can override Flores in terms of cuts if it effects the cap in a way he doesn't want it to. At the moment, they all came in with the same big picture plan in mind. They're sticking to that plan. You're all making much too big of a deal in regards to Rosen and that plan.

The first job of an NFL GM is to protect the owner's money. Period. He ultimately makes the final decision on anything in Miami's structure when it comes right down to it.

So my question to you is this - who do you believe is responsible for draft picks and compensation? The coaches or Chris Grier? Don't give me the collaborative effort copout. That bull**** has infected conversation for way too long. There is somebody who ultimately makes the decisions and pulls the trigger. It's up to Grier what input he takes in and what input he disregards.

Input can come from all over. It even comes from homeless people on the street according to Jimmy Haslam and the Cleveland Browns when they drafted Johnny Manziel.

That's right. They'll literally blame it on a homeless person if it helps to pass the buck.

Ammuzing. Take reality and try to exclude it from conversation. Unfortunately, collaboration is the answer and I WILL bring it up. Now, we can argue over how much collaboration, but collaboration IS the answer. Grier wouldn't have traded for Rosen if everyone else in the room was against it. And Flores ID have a say in how much he was willing to pay for Rosen. Maybe not the EXACT price, but I'm certain he knew a range. He wouldn't agree to this year's 1st and 2nd and next year's 1st (neither would Grier), but he had input (collaboration). I'll mark this down as we agree we have different views.

Rosen was better all preseason. I can't really see how Fitzpatrick is the starter week 1. If you earn it on the field then Rosen earned it

If you want him to succeed careful what you wish for... Baltimore, New England, Dallas, LA Chargers to start the season.

Even if he is better than Fitz he will most likely get eaten alive by those defenses and Miami's OL.

Then your stuck praying your Jesus igets resurrected as you turn him into a martyr blaming the OL, HC, OC, blah blah blah.

Finheaven just went through that the past 7 years with Tannehill. No need to start that nonsense already with Rosen.

Flores is a smart guy. Most likely Rosen starts the season on the sideline until after the bye week.

I'm getting annoyed hearing things like this. if Rosen wants to succeed he needs to freaking play! He's a grown man who plays football, let's stop babying him. He needs to prove to us what he can do.

I'm tired of the cliche " You're going to ruin his potential" Or "we're going to stump his growth" And the David Carr and Tannehill sack number comparison and the "shell shock" Cliches. News flash, that's all a bunch of BS excuses for QB who just weren't good enough. Carr played on like 3 or 4 teams and same results there as well. And if Rosen isn't mentally tough to get over a bad O line then he doesn't belong in the NFL.

Stop delaying the inevitable, give me something to actually watch in 2019, start Rosen, sink or swim, take diapers off him, get a full evaluation of him and his growth throughout the season.

Josh Rosen's future has absolutely nothing to do with who the last great QB out of UCLA was, or UCLA's "ability" to pump out NFL quarterbacks.

No sh^t sherlock . How much would it take to get you to speak at a clinic in front of about 150 football coaches in March?

And the last time the NFL had a great QB out of UCLA was Troy Aikman 30 years ago. An Oklahoma transfer.
Josh Rosen's future has absolutely nothing to do with who the last great QB out of UCLA was, or UCLA's "ability" to pump out NFL quarterbacks.

Hey, man, Slimm has a point here. Every single data point of information has to be examined when considering a potential QB. So we SHOULD consider this as a legit point.

Even next April, when we look at all the great QB out of Alabama since Kenny Stabler.

giphy.gif

I'm getting annoyed hearing things like this. if Rosen wants to succeed he needs to freaking play! He's a grown man who plays football, let's stop babying him. He needs to prove to us what he can do.

I'm tired of the cliche " You're going to ruin his potential" Or "we're going to stump his growth" And the David Carr and Tannehill sack number comparison and the "shell shock" Cliches. News flash, that's all a bunch of BS excuses for QB who just weren't good enough. Carr played on like 3 or 4 teams and same results there as well. And if Rosen isn't mentally tough to get over a bad O line then he doesn't belong in the NFL.

Stop delaying the inevitable, give me something to actually watch in 2019, start Rosen, sink or swim, take diapers off him, get a full evaluation of him and his growth throughout the season.

Whether any of us like it or not, this isn't at all related to the "babying" or "if Rosen wants to succeed." Whether he starts or not is Flo's call. Rosen can play like a combo of Marino and Montana and Flo may still go with RF. No one knows. No cliches. No "stumping [sic] his growth. Flo picks the guy he wants. Yeah, all of us would lie Rosen to play so well there is no question he should start. But, as we see here in FH, there's no consensus. Based on no evidence, it looks like Flo wants Rosen to watch and learn from a vet. We'll see. He'll get his chance.

Ammuzing. Take reality and try to exclude it from conversation. Unfortunately, collaboration is the answer and I WILL bring it up. Now, we can argue over how much collaboration, but collaboration IS the answer. Grier wouldn't have traded for Rosen if everyone else in the room was against it. And Flores ID have a say in how much he was willing to pay for Rosen. Maybe not the EXACT price, but I'm certain he knew a range. He wouldn't agree to this year's 1st and 2nd and next year's 1st (neither would Grier), but he had input (collaboration). I'll mark this down as we agree we have different views.

I just told you what the reality was. You can reply and act like you disagree all you want.

Back
Top Bottom