Flores Respect by not Tanking. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Respect by not Tanking.

Ozfin

Turn Left at Nowhere Else
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
He did right thinking. He must be better in 2020. Got to get this team in right directions. Maybe 6 -10 next yr would be nice

That a good measure stick. Anything north off that is outstanding
Fix the O-line to at least competent, and add a pass rusher, I se 8-8 at worst.

We can win 2 or 3 on coaching alone. I don't think that is in question, at this point.

Our schedule should be soft as a "my pillow".

If we could have estabished any semblance of a rushing game, we could have won 6 this year.

I know I'm comparing apples to oranges over here but look how the Heat turned it around and they never tanked. That can still be us in two more years.

Dumping talent and money makers helped. This roster is full of kids trying to break through. Nobody should be disgruntled. They may be getting their only shot. Not surprised by trades and players on IR at this point.

I know I'm comparing apples to oranges over here but look how the Heat turned it around and they never tanked. That can still be us in two more years.
Yeah, that really is apples to potatoes.

In roundball, 2 guys can, literally, change everything. It is much easier to redesign an offense to take advantage of individual talent, and mask any defensive deficiencies.

No, the heat didn't tank, but they weren't exactly contenders either. Spo is underrated as a coach, as well. He gets the most out of his team, particularly on the defensive side.

Its a shame the All-or-Nothing guys aren't at the Dolphins this year. I'd love to have a closer look at how Flores is pulling the team together.

You can’t willingly put 0-16 or 1-15 on your resume, there’s no coming back from that. The NFL won’t give Flores a second chance.

Flores, a first time coach, has to show he can coach his team to wins regardless of talent. He may get screwed by Grier and never have a fully stocked roster, but showing you can coach wins means he can get another shot elsewhere if Miami doesn’t work out.

I believe many of us get the sense that this coach and front office are aligned in what they're going to be looking for to restock the talent...and that's a great thing. It can resonate through the entire organization and if it starts to show more positive results, you can build long-term success off of it.

It will be very interesting this off-season, to watch free agency and how it progresses for the higher-draft-pick teams. I can't see any high-dollar free agent looking at Zac Taylor and thinking, "now there's a coach I want to play for." Now, if the Bungles offer somebody a record contract for their position (a la the Miami Suh deal), they'll end up with some. And I could be naïve, but to me Flo has shown he's a teacher and coach. Players see that I'm sure. Had he come in and rolled over into an 0-16 season (which EVERYBODY expected from this collection of "players"), nobody would have any reason to hold any faith that he'd be able to help navigate through this rebuild. He changed that.

Flo doesn't want divas...that is 1000% clear. I'm personally VERY thankful...since I can't stand 'em either. He wants people that will play team ball, and he's getting it, by growing it himself. Only the future can tell as to what level he's able to carry this culture he has instilled...we don't know if he can have the same level of influence on more elite players...but I'm willing to let it play out and back him up 100% in the process. He will make mistakes...he will miss on players...but I don't believe he'll ever give up. By 3 years we should have a very strong sense of what he'll be able to do long-term. We just may have found our pit bull head coach.

Now, if the Bungles offer somebody a record contract for their position (a la the Miami Suh deal), they'll end up with some.
Dude - The Cincinnati Bengals with Mike Brown as it's owner running everything, will definitely not offer somebody a record contract. He is the cheapest, most conservative owner in the NFL. He has a track record of refusing to commit large guaranteed amounts to top players.

Flo's name was brought into the conversation for COTY yesterday on Get Up. One main arguement was to put win/loss aside and no coach has done more with less than Flo has. Now I'm not saying he is COTY but it speaks that on a national sport show he is being included in convo.

Back
Top Bottom