Flores Respect by not Tanking. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Respect by not Tanking.

Flo's name was brought into the conversation for COTY yesterday on Get Up. One main arguement was to put win/loss aside and no coach has done more with less than Flo has. Now I'm not saying he is COTY but it speaks that on a national sport show he is being included in convo.

I think everyone can agree with this. What remains to be seen is can he learn from his mistakes? Will he finally bench Bobby McCain and focus on rebuilding the offensive line as a top priority?

Fix the O-line to at least competent, and add a pass rusher, I se 8-8 at worst.

We can win 2 or 3 on coaching alone. I don't think that is in question, at this point.

Our schedule should be soft as a "my pillow".

If we could have estabished any semblance of a rushing game, we could have won 6 this year.
I hear you, but this team needs a lot more than that to be competitive on a consistent basis. They need probably 4 O-linemen, a QB, a RB, 2 DE's, CB, S, and idk if you're satisfied with our LB"s but I certainly am not. To top it all off we need depth everywhere. I guess anything is possible though...

I think everyone can agree with this. What remains to be seen is can he learn from his mistakes? Will he finally bench Bobby McCain and focus on rebuilding the offensive line as a top priority?
McCain's on IR, so that's not really relevant, and I'm not sure what options he realistically had anyway, after the MF trade, not to mention X not being healthy. He was probably one of only a few guys that fully understood the defense at that point. No doubt, though, he wasn't up to the task.

As far as learning from his mistakes, I like to think so. There is a learning curve to being a HC, and I have a lot more confidence he will make the adjustments, than I did that last buffoon we had.

McCain went on IR so I guess same result. I would like to see a change to the Oline. I want to see Prince at RT . Davis isn't doing anything of value out there.
The rebuild will come in the off season.

I hear you, but this team needs a lot more than that to be competitive on a consistent basis. They need probably 4 O-linemen, a QB, a RB, 2 DE's, CB, S, and idk if you're satisfied with our LB"s but I certainly am not. To top it all off we need depth everywhere. I guess anything is possible though...
I certainly agree we need upgrades at multiple spots. Some of the guys getting significant snaps this year will no doubt help in the depth department.

I was in no way inferring that we would be making a deep playoff run, or that we could consistently beat top teams.

8-8 isn't usually a playoff team. It's average. I don't think it is expecting too much to beat the bad teams, and win a couple at home against other "average" teams. Most teams have weaknesses, and holes. We have more than our share this year, but if (granted a big if) Grier does a decent job, we will be much improved.

Look at it this way. Flores is coaching a team that, for the most part, he didn't even have in training camp, let alone the OTA portion of the off season.

McCain went on IR so I guess same result. I would like to see a change to the Oline. I want to see Prince at RT . Davis isn't doing anything of value out there.
The rebuild will come in the off season.
I'm certainly not questioning Flo's judgement, but I also wonder why Prince isn't getting any run. The one game he played, he seemed servicable. He was getting a lot of help with chips, and max protect, so who knows.

I know things change from year to year but next year's schedule currently looks tough with the AFC and NFC West. 2021 brings us the AFC and NFC South, that should be our target to take off.

I know things change from year to year but next year's schedule currently looks tough with the AFC and NFC West. 2021 brings us the AFC and NFC South, that should be our target to take off.
SF, SEA, KC are very tough, but you also have AZ, DEN, 2 LA teams, and Raiders. Got to take the good with the bad.

See one post above. Next year is not easy.
Not that bad either. As long as the Gasemeister is coaching in our division, I'm penciling in a win, and probably two. I know the Bills have owned us recently, but I'm not hiding from them next year either.

SF, SEA, KC are very tough, but you also have AZ, DEN, 2 LA teams, and Raiders. Got to take the good with the bad.

If I understand scheduling correctly, Miami plays 4 games AFC W, 4 games NFC W, 6 games AFC E, and two poor teams. Is that accurate?

Arizona is definitely moving upward and Oakland is currently a playoff team. The Rams were in the Super Bowl last year and you never know what Charger team you will get, the one that loses to anyone or beats anyone. Add in that Denver has lost 5 games this year by one score or less, they are competitive.

This not the so called soft or weak schedule.

Arizona is definitely moving upward and Oakland is currently a playoff team. The Rams were in the Super Bowl last year and you never know what Charger team you will get, the one that loses to anyone or beats anyone. Add in that Denver has lost 5 games this year by one score or less, they are competitive.

This not the so called soft or weak schedule.

And the Jets twice. Hope Gase survives another year

Back
Top Bottom