Florida Gators to have strong presence on Dolphins' roster | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Florida Gators to have strong presence on Dolphins' roster

Not a fan of either school but would like to ask Canes posters a legit question:
Does anyone ever graduate from the University of Miami?
I know it is a small school but every time I watch the Canes play a home game there is about 20,000 fans in the stadium.

When they played FSU- FSU always has more fans.
Why doesn't anyone ever go to their football games.

Class of 2010, Aerospace Engineering here.

I can tell you ever since the move to Sun Life Stadium fan and student attendance has steadily dropper for a number of factors.

1. And probably the most obvious one, team has been in steady decline since 2003, although it seems things are turning around. Miami is full of fair weather fans, and a small hand full of die hards. Same goes for the Phins, Heat, Marlins etc.... (UM season ticket holder since '98)

2. Move to Sun Life Stadium cut off public transport access to the games. In the old days with the Orange Bowl all you have to do was hop on the Metro down to Culmer and a 5 min bus ride drops you off infront of the stadium. Now, you have to drive 30-45 minutes north (from campus), traffic, parking etc etc... Metro days had to be the best times, get liquored up on campus, drunk as a skunk on the metro, singing the fight songs!

3. Just like alot of other teams, the economy has not been gentle on the fan base. Its obviously cheaper to sit at home in the AC, couch, cheap beer than spend $30 parking, $8 beer etc etc....

In addition, one must remember that UM is only comprised of 10,000 students. FSU/UF/USF has over 30,000+

On the flip side, UF and FSU have stadium on campus and both universities are basically located in cities that only exist because of the university or "college town". So on game day, the only thing to do is go to the game. Unlike say, Miami.

Look at Alabama, Nebraska, Michigan etc....

I've been to numerous UM/FSU ganes and there are way more cane fans. Orange seats with people wearing orange jerseys might make it seem like that.

Every team "cheats" to get players. Cmon now...

Not at the great University of Florida.

What 18 year old dude wouldn't want to park his ass in Gainesville for four years? Have you seen their women?

Look at this one.

28585_387048382998_2847890_n-1.jpg

Gatorade is essentially the urine from a child born of incest anyway.

Total trash. Powerade is the far superior beverage.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Dude, I laughed so hard reading that LOL!

Love your nice attempt at a troll too. You do realize that in the next 5 years FSU will be a top 25 nationally ranked school with the bill that was just signed right?

This thread went about as well as I had hoped.

J comes in being the master Gator basher doing his thing proper.

Gator fans throwing stones. Its going to be a fun season with several Canes and several Gators on the team. The players will have fun with it and we most certainly will as well.

PHINS UP!!!!

In all seriousness, what is the history of the Gator/Canes rivalry? I know the Canes own FSU so I dont need to ask about that one.

This thread went about as well as I had hoped.

J comes in being the master Gator basher doing his thing proper.

Gator fans throwing stones. Its going to be a fun season with several Canes and several Gators on the team. The players will have fun with it and we most certainly will as well.

PHINS UP!!!!

In all seriousness, what is the history of the Gator/Canes rivalry? I know the Canes own FSU so I dont need to ask about that one.
lol they haven't owned us recently and don't seeing that changing in the near future. However, i do give the, props for literally ruining FSU's title runs multiple years.

Love your nice attempt at a troll too. You do realize that in the next 5 years FSU will be a top 25 nationally ranked school with the bill that was just signed right?

The words FSU and nationally ranked school should never be used in the same sentence.

lol they haven't owned us recently and don't seeing that changing in the near future. However, i do give the, props for literally ruining FSU's title runs multiple years.

Back when those games mattered the Canes OWNED Florida St. Thats what counts to me.

I remember watching those games in the early 90's. Wide right.

FSU is and always will be the state wide safety school.

What do FSU, UF, and UM students have in common?

They all got into FSU.

Class of 2010, Aerospace Engineering here.

I can tell you ever since the move to Sun Life Stadium fan and student attendance has steadily dropper for a number of factors.

1. And probably the most obvious one, team has been in steady decline since 2003, although it seems things are turning around. Miami is full of fair weather fans, and a small hand full of die hards. Same goes for the Phins, Heat, Marlins etc.... (UM season ticket holder since '98)

2. Move to Sun Life Stadium cut off public transport access to the games. In the old days with the Orange Bowl all you have to do was hop on the Metro down to Culmer and a 5 min bus ride drops you off infront of the stadium. Now, you have to drive 30-45 minutes north (from campus), traffic, parking etc etc... Metro days had to be the best times, get liquored up on campus, drunk as a skunk on the metro, singing the fight songs!

3. Just like alot of other teams, the economy has not been gentle on the fan base. Its obviously cheaper to sit at home in the AC, couch, cheap beer than spend $30 parking, $8 beer etc etc....

In addition, one must remember that UM is only comprised of 10,000 students. FSU/UF/USF has over 30,000+

On the flip side, UF and FSU have stadium on campus and both universities are basically located in cities that only exist because of the university or "college town". So on game day, the only thing to do is go to the game. Unlike say, Miami.

Look at Alabama, Nebraska, Michigan etc....

I ride my bike to Gator football, baseball and basketball games

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Who cares about Florida, Florida State and Miami?

WTF? We have Noles on this team?

I ride my bike to Gator football, baseball and basketball games

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

WTF? We have Noles on this team?

You also live in a corn field. Guess it evens out.

Back
Top Bottom