Florida Gators to have strong presence on Dolphins' roster | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Florida Gators to have strong presence on Dolphins' roster

lol they haven't owned us recently and don't seeing that changing in the near future. However, i do give the, props for literally ruining FSU's title runs multiple years.

Florida State and Miami are both very very average football programs these days.

Just because Florida State rolls thru the mighty ACC doesn't mean they're good.

Didn't Florida State just send 11 players to the NFL this past draft?

You must be upset that Jimbo can't win anymore than he does with all of that quality NFL talent amirite?

This thread went about as well as I had hoped.

J comes in being the master Gator basher doing his thing proper.

Gator fans throwing stones. Its going to be a fun season with several Canes and several Gators on the team. The players will have fun with it and we most certainly will as well.

PHINS UP!!!!

In all seriousness, what is the history of the Gator/Canes rivalry? I know the Canes own FSU so I dont need to ask about that one.

here's one reason I HATE the Gators

[video=youtube_share;9_Uzu-wPFmc]http://youtu.be/9_Uzu-wPFmc[/video]

The team layed down so Miami could score quickly in order to get Reeves the NCAA passing record. F**K the gators.

In most Canes/Dolphin fan's minds Gators = Jets. And yes we do hold a grudge forever :up:

Why isn't FSU a division 2 school????

They always play like it.

FSU and Miami respect either other and BOTH hate the gayters.

Funny I live in GA now and everyone here is a Georgia fan. They also hate that team so I feel right at home :brewskis:

There will be time for this later leading up to the Sept 7 show down at Sun Life buts thanks WV.
I think you got the response you were after :lol:

FSU and Miami respect either other and BOTH hate the gayters.

Funny I live in GA now and everyone here is a Georgia fan. They also hate that team so I feel right at home :brewskis:

Envy is a bitch. Now that the canes have UF on their schedule they might be considered relevant again as far as the pre-season pollsters are concerned. Once the gators abuse them in pounceys stadium , the canes can focus on being irrelevant and try to stay competitive with the bethune cookman's and the acc powerhouses.

:chuckle:

You shall eat those words my friend :hump:

LOLOL @ This weak troll attempt.

Hurricanes have never been scared to play those dopes at the mentally handicapped state college. Get out of here with that trash lol.

Gators backed out of the Miami series many many years ago. They tried to do the same against Florida State. Then Florida legislation had to step in to keep that series going. That's effing sad. These dudes are always trying to duck someone. It's why they never leave the state of Florida for out of conference games. That ****head Foley calls up Miami and wants to play when they're on the rebound after their 2006 title. They want to play in Gainesville in 2008. Miami says yes without hesitation. Gators know they're going to win that game. Miami knows it. Miami still plays. Then what happens last year. Gators did everything they could to back out of the September 7th game this coming season.

Pansies in Gainesville. All of them.

Hopefully these Gators on our team don't show up for team picture day wearing jorts and stained tank tops.
When was the last time Miami was relevant? 2 titles in the past ten years.... Florida is BY FAR king of the State

:chuckle:

You shall eat those words my friend :hump:

I figured I would get a jab in before it's over. Gator fans trying to win a fight with 'canes fans on finheaven reminds me of the Battle of Alamo.

The only thing I have left to say about this thread is "remember". :brewskis:

The comment was this is just turning into a pissing contest (deleted)

Of course it is. Just what that the OP wanted :brewskis:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gators and Notre Dame both have avoided the Canes for many years knowing the yearly non conference lose to the Canes would destroy any hope of national title.

I'm pretty sure that ND beat the crap out of UM this year.

This topic showed up on Canes sites. There was debate whether to further boycott the Dolphins, or ignore it. The most respected and sensible posters said let it go but it should be a wake up that so many insisted otherwise, that it enraged them. Keep leaking 1% here and there won't help.

The Canes/Gators rivalry is very simple: Once you run away from a fight, the other guy owns you for the remainder of time. That's true at the 10 year reunion, in middle age, and at the nursing home. It's like a 100-0 victory every season. Congratulations.

Gator fans can try to forget or change the details, and rationalize that their subsequent success justified the decision, but bottom line is Canes fans have zero respect for the University of Florida or anything associated with it. Your championships might as well be Tootsie Rolls.

BTW, it's comical ignorance to dismiss anybody's success as ancient history. Before you know it, it's 2030 and your most recent title is 2008. At that point it still seems fresh and magnificent to you, but punks from another schools are laughing at you for clutching old clippings.

Florida's athletic department schemed to run away from the Canes long before it happened, and prior to the SEC's changed schedule. This is the definitive article, published in Sports Illustrated in 1982. The Gator athletic director Bill Carr didn't try to pretend that they were determined to change their schedule due to any reason other than poor results, never winning the conference title. Notice that Schnellenberger was already barking at any suggestion that the annual rivalry should be called off:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1125902/

"Before this year's game, Schnellenberger said, "It's inconceivable in a series like this, that's gone 44 years with a one-year interruption for a major war, that suddenly there's a scheduling problem."

At which Pell snapped, "Howard has never discussed it with me, and I don't like anybody telling anybody else what I think 'cause I'm quite capable of doing that myself." After that retort, Pell deferred all questions on scheduling to Athletic Director Bill Garr, who said, "We traditionally have played six conference games plus two intrastate rivals, and in 48 years we've never won an SEC title. Now, we're doing something wrong, am I right?"

Back
Top Bottom