Folks, Tua is getting paid... and he should | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Folks, Tua is getting paid... and he should

Let take your points one at a time.

1. Tua proved they were wrong about his durability.

FALSE, Tua should be congratulated on getting through his first season in college or pro without SIGNIFICANT time. However 1 season does change the narrative that he is injury prone. Example, ever see the Phins run QB sneak?

2. Throwing to a 1 read spot is more difficult than running a complete passing tree progression.

FALSE, everyone knows it is easier to throw to a spot than run the tree. The tree has far more variables than just a pre-snap read, I don't know if you have seen spot throws (every team has a few), but they are practices over and over again based upon aforementioned pre-snap reads, this why 2.5 secs really isn't that big a of deal with receivers who consistently get to the spot. Hill is a fantastic example of that kind of receiver in that is fast, quick and strong. Combined with the offensive scheme design (he is in motion often) there is a low chance of disruption of the pattern.

Padding of stats is not relevant, what is relevant is the same issue VALUE. Tua @#5 never made any sense based upon metrics, metrics exist for reasons. Now people such as yourself want to tie this organization's cap space to him for years to come when both performance and durability are still major concerns.

Tua has proven is a viable QB in the NFL when things and conditions are going well, he has also proven he is not able to carry the team when they are not. He capability in my mind is still at best that of Cousins, which isn't terrible BUT is not the type of QB that gets you the Superbowl unless your team carries him.

I know fans of Tua cannot accept this, but are a fan of the Dolphins or just a fan of a player?

But how can you come to conclusions when our Oline was never ranked anywhere higher than #23? All the other playoff caliber QBs have that comfort. You seen our outside schemed "soft running backs" get shutdown against good defenses. You seen our 5'10 fastest receiver get manhandled at the line of scrimmage disrupting all timing of our offense.

If you are a fan of football and not just a fan of a player or team, then you would understand the other variables and give Tua the benefit of the doubt he will improve when management fixes the OL and the rest of what i mentioned. They werent ALL going well.

But how can you come to conclusions when our Oline was never ranked anywhere higher than #23? All the other playoff caliber QBs have that comfort. You seen our outside schemed "soft running backs" get shutdown against good defenses. You seen our 5'10 fastest receiver get manhandled at the line of scrimmage disrupting all timing of our offense.

If you are a fan of football and not just a fan of a player or team, then you would understand the other variables and give Tua the benefit of the doubt he will improve when management fixes the OL and the rest of what i mentioned. They werent ALL going well.

The person you are conversing with.

Said Yoda

1705959949908.jpeg

Bright, he is not.

And how exactly do you know this? Do you have insider info
Probably because the FO knows Tua is too mentally fragile to make him play on the 5th year option. Gotta reassure him and make him feel wanted with an extension. I rather get rid of Tua a year early than year too late. But knowing Miami it’s going to be the latter. Tua’s value will never be this high again.

Why would I care what the market value is for Tua? He did not perform on contract and I am not paying him, I am not concerned about what to pay him!
I am getting rid of Tua and entering a new window with a rookie quarterback from the draft this season, in a few months!
This is reality. We must draft a QB with our first pick. After this collapse, after what I saw from Tua in important games, why should I have faith in him? Stats are wonderful but I want playoff wins and right now I've seen nothing to give me hope that he would play well in big moments. He has failed almost every time and he's had tons of chances. The bigger the moment the more he fails over and over. I'm sick of babying him and I'm getting sick of Tua as the Dolphin QB. If you don't feel this way you are in denial. We got bounced out of the playoffs like losers. Our QB led the way so elite?? I don't believe that any more. He has to prove he's not a choke artist to this fan base. He doesn't have a lot of fans left on Twitter these days!!
The big thing going into this last season was if we can keep Tua healthy we can win Super Bowls!! We kept him healthy and he did nothing when it counted. So I agree with Largo and I'm tired of defending Tua. No mas. Draft a QB and have an open competition. Does he really deserve to be handed the starting job.? It's been 4 years, C J Stroud is already better.

Probably because the FO knows Tua is too mentally fragile to make him play on the 5th year option. Gotta reassure him and make him feel wanted with an extension. I rather get rid of Tua a year early than year too late. But knowing Miami it’s going to be the latter. Tua’s value will never be this high again.
I agree about him being mentally soft. But at this point if I'm the front office I don't care. He needs to prove it. We, as an organization, should be overly hyper sensitive about QB performance and not waste more time on someone who isn't going to pan out. Just because he's soft doesn't change my business decisions. The thing for me is, who would we replace him with now? Also, if we did that now, Grier would have another excuse as to stay. I don't want that. I want them to have one more year to see. And it it fails. Fire them all. Bring in all new blood. Now whether Ross does that, we'll, who knows...

I agree about him being mentally soft. But at this point if I'm the front office I don't care. He needs to prove it. We, as an organization, should be overly hyper sensitive about QB performance and not waste more time on someone who isn't going to pan out. Just because he's soft doesn't change my business decisions. The thing for me is, who would we replace him with now? Also, if we did that now, Grier would have another excuse as to stay. I don't want that. I want them to have one more year to see. And it it fails. Fire them all. Bring in all new blood. Now whether Ross does that, we'll, who knows...
Grier absolutely should not be around in having any say on the next QB after Tua. Grier should go down with Tua, if Tua flames out.

This is reality. We must draft a QB with our first pick. After this collapse, after what I saw from Tua in important games, why should I have faith in him? Stats are wonderful but I want playoff wins and right now I've seen nothing to give me hope that he would play well in big moments. He has failed almost every time and he's had tons of chances. The bigger the moment the more he fails over and over. I'm sick of babying him and I'm getting sick of Tua as the Dolphin QB. If you don't feel this way you are in denial. We got bounced out of the playoffs like losers. Our QB led the way so elite?? I don't believe that any more. He has to prove he's not a choke artist to this fan base. He doesn't have a lot of fans left on Twitter these days!!
The big thing going into this last season was if we can keep Tua healthy we can win Super Bowls!! We kept him healthy and he did nothing when it counted. So I agree with Largo and I'm tired of defending Tua. No mas. Draft a QB and have an open competition. Does he really deserve to be handed the starting job.? It's been 4 years, C J Stroud is already better.
Doesn’t have to be a high pick but Miami shouldn’t hesitate to take a flyer on a QB in rounds 4-7 if potential is there, maybe get lucky like San Francisco did with Purdy.

Nobody else in the football world to include the media thinks Tua is elite. Only a select few here do! Lmao

Back
Top Bottom