Folks, Tua is getting paid... and he should | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Folks, Tua is getting paid... and he should

After watching playoff last 2 weeks. Tua is not good enough
It's difficult to argue against that. The regular season is always a huge cloud. It's easy to totally lose perspective and place too much value on meaningless crap. That's how the Chiefs are deemed overrated. But once the playoffs begin there are a handful of games minimum in which it's one quarterback dueling with the other quarterback, rescuing plays with arm and feet. Nothing else matters much. At that point it's a jolt of reality that Tua simply doesn't project well into that setting.

I don't know how Josh Allen is being criticized for that game, especially the nonsense about throwing short. He hit receivers in the hands with 3 deep balls that were dropped. For the vast majority of the game all I could think about was substitute Tua for Allen and the game would not be competitive. Per norm, Kansas City is simply a better team than Buffalo. They have greater toughness on both sides of the ball. It always seemed inevitable that unless Buffalo could get lucky and forge a double digit lead it would reach a point in which Kansas City's defense could clamp down while Buffalo would be forced to resort to desperate blitzing.

There were a couple of Canes titles especially 1983 in which I knew darn well it was a very talented team but not a complete team. They could get away with an extremely favorable 1-game postseason playing at home. But stick that team in an open playoff amidst multiple games and the weaknesses are destined to show up. That' how I look at the Dolphins under Tua. They would need an incredibly favorable draw. That's not impossible. The Lions are a flawed team and nearly got lucky with 3 straight home games, if Green Bay had held on at San Francisco.

Realistically it's not going to happen. Tua's lack of athletic ability and arm strength are likely to play a key role in the playoffs year after year, if we advance. That's the type of reality you deal with when it's your turn to pick a quarterback early. What are his qualities?

I see posters here belittling Jordan Love. Meanwhile it was glaring at Utah State and from Thanksgiving Day 2023 forth that he does project into those playoff games against the likes of Mahomes and Allen. Love often has poor judgment and obviously he needs to clean up the back footed tendency. He also needs to fix his accuracy, as Allen has done. But there's no question Jordan Love fits those playoff games. It's exactly the opposite of the Dolphins with Tua. Green Bay can win from any seeding and setting. Love's problem will be advancing the Packers into the playoffs, more than capability once he's there.

Love often has poor judgment and obviously he needs to clean up the back footed tendency.
Against the 49ers on 3rd and 2 Love could have sustained two drives simply by running two yards and sliding. Had that happened the Packers would have won the game.

Exactly. I posted the OL stats on another thread and its there, plain and simple. I even typed it out so you didnt even have to scroll to look at the article...

Anyways, its like a good recipe to follow and if the FO cant put 2 and 2 together, then their just playing dumb.
Not only that, the Eagles almost won a Super Bowl last year with a dominating offensive line.

Even this year, the Chiefs struggles had everything to do with their offensive line being terrible, the Raiders had Mahomes running for his life in that Christmas game. Mahomes' playoff failures have all come down to the Oline failing. With a good Oline, he might be looking at his 5th Super Bowl in a row this year

We all know it, but the Oline is really, really important and if the Dolphins don't figure it out, they won't win against good teams with ANY quarterback, including Tua

It's difficult to argue against that. The regular season is always a huge cloud. It's easy to totally lose perspective and place too much value on meaningless crap. That's how the Chiefs are deemed overrated. But once the playoffs begin there are a handful of games minimum in which it's one quarterback dueling with the other quarterback, rescuing plays with arm and feet. Nothing else matters much. At that point it's a jolt of reality that Tua simply doesn't project well into that setting.

I don't know how Josh Allen is being criticized for that game, especially the nonsense about throwing short. He hit receivers in the hands with 3 deep balls that were dropped. For the vast majority of the game all I could think about was substitute Tua for Allen and the game would not be competitive. Per norm, Kansas City is simply a better team than Buffalo. They have greater toughness on both sides of the ball. It always seemed inevitable that unless Buffalo could get lucky and forge a double digit lead it would reach a point in which Kansas City's defense could clamp down while Buffalo would be forced to resort to desperate blitzing.

There were a couple of Canes titles especially 1983 in which I knew darn well it was a very talented team but not a complete team. They could get away with an extremely favorable 1-game postseason playing at home. But stick that team in an open playoff amidst multiple games and the weaknesses are destined to show up. That' how I look at the Dolphins under Tua. They would need an incredibly favorable draw. That's not impossible. The Lions are a flawed team and nearly got lucky with 3 straight home games, if Green Bay had held on at San Francisco.

Realistically it's not going to happen. Tua's lack of athletic ability and arm strength are likely to play a key role in the playoffs year after year, if we advance. That's the type of reality you deal with when it's your turn to pick a quarterback early. What are his qualities?

I see posters here belittling Jordan Love. Meanwhile it was glaring at Utah State and from Thanksgiving Day 2023 forth that he does project into those playoff games against the likes of Mahomes and Allen. Love often has poor judgment and obviously he needs to clean up the back footed tendency. He also needs to fix his accuracy, as Allen has done. But there's no question Jordan Love fits those playoff games. It's exactly the opposite of the Dolphins with Tua. Green Bay can win from any seeding and setting. Love's problem will be advancing the Packers into the playoffs, more than capability once he's there.

We sure did love us some love coming out. easy evaluation.

Tua a good QB in a good system but we need a real time game day OC calling plays and getting them in on time. So Tua can make better decisions in critical moments.
Near the end on the year is was clear he was not confident in the offense and the play calling and it affected his play as well as others on the offense.

Tua a good QB in a good system but we need a real time game day OC calling plays and getting them in on time. So Tua can make better decisions in critical moments.
Near the end on the year is was clear he was not confident in the offense and the play calling and it affected his play as well as others on the offense.
Or at the end of the year, we played good teams, and the play calling couldn't hide Tua's short comings. Truth is, it's hard to tell where the most blame lies. But if you look at Tua's career so far, he comes up small in big games most of the time. I have very little confidence he will get the job done in big moments.

Pass protection was ranked 31st. Talk to me when he gets a decent pass protection oline and still sucks. I watch these playoffs and these qbs get so much time to process the field.

Meanwhile we have an offense predicated on timing due to lack of pass protection. People here are quick to judge and evaluate.

Pass protection was ranked 31st. Talk to me when he gets a decent pass protection oline and still sucks. I watch these playoffs and these qbs get so much time to process the field.

Meanwhile we have an offense predicated on timing due to lack of pass protection. People here are quick to judge and evaluate.

dunegoon knows football. The current O is predicated on timing due to lack of pass protection.

Or at the end of the year, we played good teams, and the play calling couldn't hide Tua's short comings. Truth is, it's hard to tell where the most blame lies. But if you look at Tua's career so far, he comes up small in big games most of the time. I have very little confidence he will get the job done in big moments.
Tua is still not operating in a functioning team. The offense is a mess and the Defense was for most of the year, you can not expect him to do everything, other players have got to make plays.
Let's look at this year. Your OL is hurt most of the year and it can not pass block more than 2.5 seconds. We can not get plays in on time to allow Tua to read the defense before the snap.
Your head coach every time abandons the run constantly especially when it is working just to try to prove he can out think the opposing DC.
Our defense constantly could never get off the ball in big games due to injuries and while still learning a new defense ( I still believe in Fangio BTW)
Last year Tua played great in both games against Buffalo and won the first one. McDaniel lost the second because he refused to run the ball in the second half .

Big Games this year we loss in recap
This year we lost to Buffalo at the end of the year on an interception by Tua throwing to Chase Claypool running a horrible route because Waddle and Tyreek was out due to injuries (because of overuse by our coach). Also, do not forget Hill dropped two great throws by Tua on the last two drives and one was a likely game-tying TD. In addition, before that Tua had us ahead against Buffalo until the punt returns TD and Sheffield lucky tip TD pass.

We lost to Buffalo earlier where the defense gave up 48 points and if you remember Tua led the team to TDs on the first two drives.
We lost to Baltimore where the defense gave up 56 points Tua led the team to a TD on the first drive and on the next drive Tyreek dropped a Td right in his hands.
We lost to Philadelphia, (the refs we all know this one) Once again Tyreek drop a TD right in his hands.
We lost to KC once again Tyreek fumbled and dropped a TD pass from Tua leading to a 14-point swing.

Tua needs to and should play better but no game this year was lost because of Tua throwing turnovers or making critical mistakes. The KC loss was out of reach so not going even include as we should never have been playing in KC in - 30 weather. See earlier points.

The bottom line is our coaching is more the issue than Tua, Flores, and Mc Daniel were first-time coaches who both had a major flaw in their early Head coaching career and that has kept us from making it to the next level. McDaniel has to hire a real OC play-caller (playcalling is not a toy but McDaniel treats it that way). The reason Tua was the passing leader this year is he can do the job but he has to have a coach who can call the right plays in big games. It's not about Tua as much as you think I just showed we moved the ball in the first half against anybody with Tua at QB. When your offense dies in the third Quarter that is a reflection of your OC coaching not adjusting to the opposing defense play calls anybody who knows football knows this. The only big game where McDaniel finally called a good game in the second half was the Dallas game and guess what Tua took us down for the game-sealing drive.

Last edited:
Tua is still not operating in a functioning team. The offense is a mess and the Defense for most of the year, you can not expect him to do everything, other players have got to make plays.
Let's look at this year. Your Ol is hurt most of the year and can not pass block more than 2.5 seconds we can not get plays in on time to allow Tua to read the defense before the snap.
Your head coach every time abandons the run especially when it is working just to try to prove he thinks the opposing DC.
Our defense constantly could never get off the ball in big games due to injuries and learning and player still learning a new defense ( I still believe in Fangio)
Last year Tua played great in both games against Buffalo and won the first one. McDaniel lost the second because he refused to run the ball in the second half.

This year we lost to Buffalo at the end of the year on an interception by Tua throwing to Chase Claypool running a horrible route because Waddle was out due to injuries (because of overuse by our coach). Also, do not forget Hill dropped two great throws by Tua on the last two drives and one was a likely game-tying TD. In addition, before that Tua had us ahead against Buffalo until the punt returns TD and Sheffield lucky tip TD pass.

We lost to Buffalo earlier where the defense gave up 48 points and if you remember Tua led the team to TDs on the first two drives.
We lost to Baltimore where the defense gave up 56 points Tua led the team to a TD on the first drive and on the next drive Tyreek dropped a Td right in his hands.
We lost to Philadelphia, (the refs we all know this one) Once again Tyreek drop a TD right in his hands.
We lost to KC once again Tyreek fumbled and dropped a TD pass from Tua leading to a 14-point swing.

Tua could have played better but no game this year was lost because of Tua throwing turnovers or making critical mistakes. The KC loss was out of reach so not going even include as we should never have been playing in KC in - 30 weather.

The bottom line is our coaching is more the issue than Tua, Flores, and Mc Daniel were first-time coaches who both had a major flaw in their earlier Head coaching career and that has kept us from making it to the next level. McDaniel has to hire a real OC play-caller (playcalling is not a toy but McDaniel treats it that way). The reason Tua was the passing leader this year is he can do the job but he has to have a coach who can call the right plays in big games. It's not about the completion as I just showed we moved the ball in the first half against anybody with Tua at QB. When your offense dies in the third Quarter that is a reflection of your OC coaching not adjusting to the opposing anybody who knows football knows this. The only big game where McDaniel finally called a good game in the second half was the Dallas game and guess what Tua took us down for the game-sealing drive.

Great way to sum it up.

Tua is still not operating in a functioning team. The offense is a mess and the Defense for most of the year, you can not expect him to do everything, other players have got to make plays.
Let's look at this year. Your Ol is hurt most of the year and can not pass block more than 2.5 seconds we can not get plays in on time to allow Tua to read the defense before the snap.
Your head coach every time abandons the run especially when it is working just to try to prove he thinks the opposing DC.
Our defense constantly could never get off the ball in big games due to injuries and learning and player still learning a new defense ( I still believe in Fangio)
Last year Tua played great in both games against Buffalo and won the first one. McDaniel lost the second because he refused to run the ball in the second half.

This year we lost to Buffalo at the end of the year on an interception by Tua throwing to Chase Claypool running a horrible route because Waddle was out due to injuries (because of overuse by our coach). Also, do not forget Hill dropped two great throws by Tua on the last two drives and one was a likely game-tying TD. In addition, before that Tua had us ahead against Buffalo until the punt returns TD and Sheffield lucky tip TD pass.

Tua could have played better but no game this year was lost because of Tua throwing turnovers or making critical mistakes. The KC loss was out of reach so not going even include as we should never have been playing in KC in - 30 weather.

The bottom line is our coaching is more the issue than Tua, Flores, and Mc Daniel were first-time coaches who both had a major flaw in their earlier Head coaching career and that has kept us from making it to the next level. McDaniel has to hire a real OC play-caller (playcalling is not a toy but McDaniel treats it that way). The reason Tua was the passing leader this year is he can do the job but he has to have a coach who can call the right plays in big games. It's not about the completion as I just showed we moved the ball in the first half against anybody with Tua at QB. When your offense dies in the third Quarter that is a reflection of your OC coaching not adjusting to the opposing anybody who knows football knows this. The only big game where McDaniel finally called a good game in the second half was the Dallas game and guess what Tua took us down for the game-sealing drive.
Everything you mentioned is valid. However, your post only reinforces what many people already believe about Tua! Everything must be perfect. While Chase ran the wrong route in the last Bills game, throwing the ball to him from the beginning was a bad decision. If you're going to highlight dropped TD passes, you should also highlight some of his missed TD opportunities. With the exception of the Ravens game in the second half of the season, all of our games were winnable and Tua didn't get it done.

The same way most hold Josh Allen accountable, Tua should be held accountable too. I clearly remember the reason why he wasn't successful during his first 2 seasons was due to coaching, personnel, and play calling. This has been addressed and the last 2 seasons he has greatly improved, even leading the league in passing this season. It's one thing to lose a game, but it's another thing when your performance is subpar. Hold that man accountable and stop trying to come up with excuses on why he can't win.

Everything you mentioned is valid. However, your post only reinforces what many people already believe about Tua! Everything must be perfect. While Chase ran the wrong route in the last Bills game, throwing the ball to him from the beginning was a bad decision. If you're going to highlight dropped TD passes, you should also highlight some of his missed TD opportunities. With the exception of the Ravens game in the second half of the season, all of our games were winnable and Tua didn't get it done.

The same way most hold Josh Allen accountable, Tua should be held accountable too. I clearly remember the reason why he wasn't successful during his first 2 seasons was due to coaching, personnel, and play calling. This has been addressed and the last 2 seasons he has greatly improved, even leading the league in passing this season. It's one thing to lose a game, but it's another thing when your performance is subpar. Hold that man accountable and stop trying to come up with excuses on why he can't win.
You are right but facts are not excuses point out how many times Tua missed a TD pass once maybe? It starts with the OL and ours can not pass block. As pointed out by others Lamar,Mahomes and Josh Allen almost every play stands in the pocket 4 plus seconds before they even start to scramble. Look at the tape. Why this year every game that Connor Williams and Terrod played together Tua played better? Even last year you saw Tua struggle when Armstead got hurt. Tom Brady whenever he got pressured played like garbage. Mahomes lost the Super Bowl when most of his line got banged up in the Championship game. No excuses just facts It comes down to playcalling and a solid Oline no QB is going to survive if both aspects are trash. Our line and depth are better at run blocking Tua hides their weakness at pass blocking with his ability to quickly release a ball. So actually Tua is covering their flaws, not the other way around.

A Quote from possibly the greatest coach of all time Vince Lombardi

"Football is two things. It's blocking and tackling. I don't care about formations new offenses or tricks on defense.
You block and tackle better than the team you're playing, you win."

So if your Oline can't block your QB can not win. It is that simple.
Baltimore, Buffalo, and Kansas City, Blocks and Tackles it is not just the QB they get better QB play when they have blocking.......because their organizations know this.

Back
Top Bottom