Folks, Tua is getting paid... and he should | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Folks, Tua is getting paid... and he should

Or at the end of the year, we played good teams, and the play calling couldn't hide Tua's short comings. Truth is, it's hard to tell where the most blame lies. But if you look at Tua's career so far, he comes up small in big games most of the time. I have very little confidence he will get the job done in big moments.

Lol this is such bullshit. He made crazy throws for the first 12 games and all of a sudden he just couldn’t make the throws? You honestly believe this garbage?

No he didn’t forget how to make them, they just weren’t there. Mcdaniel system was figured out and rather than either create a different dynamic, he continued to call the same ****. 25 yard passes downfield that teams locked into or backwards passes. Even the run game when he created something new he’d call that stupid fake handoff toss multiple times in a row continuously putting the offense in a hole.

This whole big game **** is bs too. Teams win big games. I watched the bills beat the cowboys by 21 with Allen throwing under 100 yards. They beat us for the division with Allen turning the ball over 3 times and a 95 yard punt return. Steelers won 10 games with sub par qb play. Until I see Miami win one game where Tua plays bad, blaming one player for stepping up when in every other game the other 52 never stepped up is just so dumb.

That is incorrect. He should not be extended by the Dolphins. Business is not done like that.
To get extended, he would have had to perform on rookie contract to give us reason to believe we can win a championship with him, and to say okay let's pay and give it another try with this quarterback because we are close with him. He failed to do that. He was not competitive enough as a QB, in four years of tries , when he was anointed and given four years and everything revolved around him.

That is why Chris Grier needs to be fired too, because to him it's about him and keeping his sht going and keeping the illusion going more than about the team and winning.

Their window has closed, they have failed, and they need to be fired. Not extended!

Am I missing something or did Grier already give Tua a contract extension when nobody was looking? You act like Grier’s already paid Tua on a 2nd contract.

I’m actually a big fan of how Grier has handled Tua thus far. I have zero qualms with letting Tua play on the 5th year of his rookie contract. If he takes another step in 2024 and we actually see a deep playoff run, congrats Tua, here’s your bag. If we see another year where Miami is 1 and done in the playoffs, or Tua takes an obvious step backwards, Miami can walk away free and clear.

Am I missing something or did Grier already give Tua a contract extension when nobody was looking? You act like Grier’s already paid Tua on a 2nd contract.

I’m actually a big fan of how Grier has handled Tua thus far. I have zero qualms with letting Tua play on the 5th year of his rookie contract. If he takes another step in 2024 and we actually see a deep playoff run, congrats Tua, here’s your bag. If we see another year where Miami is 1 and done in the playoffs, or Tua takes an obvious step backwards, Miami can walk away free and clear.
That's how I see it. Tua's market value has not been fully established yet. 2024 should provide those answers.

A Quote from possibly the greatest coach of all time Vince Lombardi

"Football is two things. It's blocking and tackling. I don't care about formations new offenses or tricks on defense.
You block and tackle better than the team you're playing, you win."

Noice!

Tua gettin paid. And he should.

Dan Marino said this about Tua today:

"Despite those shortcomings and question marks surrounding Tagovailoa's future in Miami as he enters the final year of his contract, Marino still believes in the 25-year-old quarterback.

"He was outstanding," Marino said of Tagovailoa's 2023 season. "He's statistically winning games and he's continuing to grow. I think he is a quarterback that can get to, and win a Super Bowl."

Marino cites injuries and a "tough stretch" as reasons why the Dolphins struggled towards the end of the season, when they went winless during a three-game stretch with the No. 1 seed within grasp entering Week 17.

I'll take Dan's take on Tua and Tua's abilities, any day of the week, over the take of the shet talkers who come here and talk shet after every time Miami loses a game.

Lol this is such bullshit. He made crazy throws for the first 12 games and all of a sudden he just couldn’t make the throws? You honestly believe this garbage?

No he didn’t forget how to make them, they just weren’t there. Mcdaniel system was figured out and rather than either create a different dynamic, he continued to call the same ****. 25 yard passes downfield that teams locked into or backwards passes. Even the run game when he created something new he’d call that stupid fake handoff toss multiple times in a row continuously putting the offense in a hole.

This whole big game **** is bs too. Teams win big games. I watched the bills beat the cowboys by 21 with Allen throwing under 100 yards. They beat us for the division with Allen turning the ball over 3 times and a 95 yard punt return. Steelers won 10 games with sub par qb play. Until I see Miami win one game where Tua plays bad, blaming one player for stepping up when in every other game the other 52 never stepped up is just so dumb.

Or how Bills special teams help win their last game. Miami can never have luck like that. Good teams find different ways to win, bad teams blow it by not being prepared and having that killer mindset.

100% correct.

These are the same people who said Justin Herbert is better than Tua. Tua went 11-6 and Herbert went 5 and 12 with a better line and Defense Got his Head Coach fired and now that they are getting Harbaugh people are saying Herbert is going to make the Superbowl. So if you follow their logic then I guess coaching does matter, but of course, for Tua coaching it does not matter he just sucks. If Herbert got paid for going 5- 12 Tua better get paid for getting his to the playoffs two years in a row.

Tua had a fantastic season statistically. But he shrunk when it mattered the most. He was by a large margin the worst starting QB in the playoffs. QBR 15.4 RTG 63.9. Mason fooking Rudolph had a better game ffs! Based on his regular season, I say run it back. Based on the playoffs, I say tear it down! On the fence as a fan, but I do not get to make those decisions.

Tua had a fantastic season statistically. But he shrunk when it mattered the most. He was by a large margin the worst starting QB in the playoffs. QBR 15.4 RTG 63.9. Mason fooking Rudolph had a better game ffs! Based on his regular season, I say run it back. Based on the playoffs, I say tear it down! On the fence as a fan, but I do not get to make those decisions.
see the post with the stats, not your opinion...Tyreek did not help Tua...he can not throw it and catch it too. Your post only makes sense if Tyreek doesn't drop passes right in his hands.

Kyle of locked on had a great Tua breakdown today. he had a lot of stats of interest in all sorts of areas. A good listen.

see the post with the stats, not your opinion...Tyreek did not help Tua...he can not throw it and catch it too. Your post only makes sense if Tyreek doesn't drop passes right in his hands.
So it's all Tyreek's fault now?

Back
Top Bottom