Folks, Tua is getting paid... and he should | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Folks, Tua is getting paid... and he should

Tua should have looked for other receivers in big games and not focused on Tyreek that is actually what I blame Tua and Mc Daniel for.

Tua had a fantastic season statistically. But he shrunk when it mattered the most. He was by a large margin the worst starting QB in the playoffs. QBR 15.4 RTG 63.9. Mason fooking Rudolph had a better game ffs! Based on his regular season, I say run it back. Based on the playoffs, I say tear it down! On the fence as a fan, but I do not get to make those decisions.
Tua is 0-1 in the playoffs. Disappointing, but certainly not unheard of or catastrophic.

We have been to the post season three times since 2008.
2016 - Under Gase. Played at Pittsburgh with Matt Moore as our QB as Tannehill was hurt.
2022 - Under McD. in year 1. Skylar Thompson was the QB as Tua was hurt and we scared the crap out of them in Buffalo
2023 - Under McD. in year 2. Tua was the QB and we lost in KC

2 of these 3 games featured back up QB's. Not exactly how you want to go into the post season.

The high point here for me is the back to back seasons of making the post season. We can't get the monkey off of our back unless we qualify for the playoffs to begin with and we play in one of the most competitive divisions in football.

The difference a few plays make....in the trajectory of a season is amazing. In that Titans game, if the defense doesn't disappear in the final 4 minutes or if the offense can get a 1st down or two......we are in the playoffs at home instead of KC.

There is definitely room for optimism moving forward. This team is improving and while it still needs to learn how to win big games, it is making progress. Tearing it down accomplishes what? Guarantees you what? We have torn this down multiple times and have ended up in the same position. For the first time, we are competitive and now you want to tear it down again?

Lets try something unique and different. Lets let the team and coaching staff employ their vision, grow, learn and adapt (emphasis on the adapt part) and not do the same thing we have done multiple times over the last two decades and expect the results to be any different.

If Tua is the answer for the Dolphins, then it must include a solid OL and more than just Tyreek. It also needs an offense that can work on the road, its clear this offense doesnt work when away from Hard Rock. Please dont bring up Baltimore game last year, one game doesnt define the reality.

To pay Tua all this money will handicap the team for years. There has to be another prove it year or else its going to get ugly. We watched Skylar Thompson go toe to toe against the Bills, on the road, in cold temps and lose by a FG. Not saying he is better than Tua, but how does this happen? Tua cant innovate, no threat to run, he is easy to defend against and teams have figured out how to blitz while doubling Tyreek. He has to get better at second and third reads while extending the play. His accuracy is stellar, but if the designed play isn't there, its ugly.

Be real folks, stop defending Tua just because he is the best we have had since Marino and led the league in passing yards this season. He is a top 5 pick.

If Tua is the answer for the Dolphins, then it must include a solid OL and more than just Tyreek. It also needs an offense that can work on the road, its clear this offense doesnt work when away from Hard Rock. Please dont bring up Baltimore game last year, one game doesnt define the reality.

To pay Tua all this money will handicap the team for years. There has to be another prove it year or else its going to get ugly. We watched Skylar Thompson go toe to toe against the Bills, on the road, in cold temps and lose by a FG. Not saying he is better than Tua, but how does this happen? Tua cant innovate, no threat to run, he is easy to defend against and teams have figured out how to blitz while doubling Tyreek. He has to get better at second and third reads while extending the play. His accuracy is stellar, but if the designed play isn't there, its ugly.

Be real folks, stop defending Tua just because he is the best we have had since Marino and led the league in passing yards this season. He is a top 5 pick.
I keep seeing people bring up the Skylar Thompson game bc the final score was close, but do you guys actually remember what Skylar did in that game? 18/45 (40%) for 220 with a TD and 2 INTs (44.7 rating). I'm not comparing this game to Tua's, just pointing out that nobody seems to mention that Skylar didn't actually play well. I'd say we almost won in spite of him, not because of him. Also, that Bills team proceeded to get their asses whooped at home the very next week.

Many said this in 10 Threads about Tuas contract. . Did we need anther Thread?
I don't understand all the comments complaining about making this thread. It's freedom of speech guys, if you don't like it, don't read it. On the other hand, if you support tua, the other side has no right to complain either.

Shane howell was in the top 5 in passing yards, does he deserve 50 mill a year?

Lol this is such bullshit. He made crazy throws for the first 12 games and all of a sudden he just couldn’t make the throws? You honestly believe this garbage?

No he didn’t forget how to make them, they just weren’t there. Mcdaniel system was figured out and rather than either create a different dynamic, he continued to call the same ****. 25 yard passes downfield that teams locked into or backwards passes. Even the run game when he created something new he’d call that stupid fake handoff toss multiple times in a row continuously putting the offense in a hole.

This whole big game **** is bs too. Teams win big games. I watched the bills beat the cowboys by 21 with Allen throwing under 100 yards. They beat us for the division with Allen turning the ball over 3 times and a 95 yard punt return. Steelers won 10 games with sub par qb play. Until I see Miami win one game where Tua plays bad, blaming one player for stepping up when in every other game the other 52 never stepped up is just so dumb.
On one hand, IMO Tua needs a new HC and GM so that he can finally have a decent o-line, some bigger and more physical WRs, and NFL-caliber playcalling and adjustments. On the other hand, even with a better o-line and HC, there's no way that I think Tua is worth $50 million.

On one hand, IMO Tua needs a new HC and GM so that he can finally have a decent o-line, some bigger and more physical WRs, and NFL-caliber playcalling and adjustments. On the other hand, even with a better o-line and HC, there's no way that I think Tua is worth $50 million.
Is Herbert worth $50 million is Lamar worth $50 Million, Purdy or Allen worth that much? So Tua is not worth it either. QBS are overpaid only Mahomes is worth that kind of Money

I keep seeing people bring up the Skylar Thompson game bc the final score was close, but do you guys actually remember what Skylar did in that game? 18/45 (40%) for 220 with a TD and 2 INTs (44.7 rating). I'm not comparing this game to Tua's, just pointing out that nobody seems to mention that Skylar didn't actually play well. I'd say we almost won in spite of him, not because of him. Also, that Bills team proceeded to get their asses whooped at home the very next week.
Right! Skylar Thompson is not Tua lol. He was better than Shitwater which is why he was playing, people need to stop thinking he is Brock Purdy because he was taken in the 7th just before him.

I thought and still think he sucks and would rather have almost anyone else. Zero faith in him should Tua go down.

Is Herbert worth $50 million is Lamar worth $50 Million, Purdy or Allen worth that much? So Tua is not worth it either. QBS are overpaid only Mahomes is worth that kind of Money

While true there’s no other option. You can pay the other guys not named Mahomes and get a playoff birth, maybe you get lucky one game and beat the chiefs. Other than that you’re probably not making the playoffs.

McDaniel definitely brought his A game that game to make it a game without much talent at the qb position. Thought we’d see something similar vs the chiefs but was let down.

Back
Top Bottom