Football Iq Test | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football Iq Test

You know, this is a weird post. It's actually very interesting.

You call people football illiterates, but you don't actually say who you think are football illiterates. So who do people assume you are calling football illiterates? Well, it looks like the immediate reaction of the board was for people who like our starting quarterback to think you were referring to them. That's even though you posted a video of a game in which our starting quarterback played very well.

What kind of inferences can we draw from this? Are people who support our starting quarterback more defensive? Are they online earlier in the morning? Are people who bash the starting quarterback more likely to insult other posters?

Sometimes this forum surprises me by creating an interesting experiment in social dynamics wrapped around questions of football analysis.

For what it's worth, I agree with rickd13.

I see a QB that was down 0-7 before taking his first snap.
Throws a dart on the run with his first throw (offensive holding kills part of that gain)
Gets crushed by interior pressure on his second throw
Makes throw for a first down on his third throw (which is dropped)
Down 0-14 before getting the ball the second time
Runs for 9 yards
Zero blocking for a failed QB sneak on 3rd down (by the way since there was another down, it must have been a run for 0 yards on 2nd down).
Down 0-21 before getting the ball again.
Stopped watching.

First drive stopped by a dropped pass. Second drive stopped by two failed runs. He has had the ball twice is 1 out of 3 (with a drop) and is already down by 21 points. In other words, pretty typical performance for the Dolphins from 2012 until game 6 of 2016.

I see a QB fighting his butt off, and a supporting cast that looks like a bunch of clowns playing grab ass. It sucks that he got hurt on that cheap shot by Campbell, he was ascending fast that season and by now would have shut all the haters up.

This is a video that clearly demonstrated RT17 is an elite level qb. The entire team was crumbling around him yet he completes 70% of his passes despite drops, no running game and average at best protection. The first interception was the only mistake but hey, **** happens.

The defense gave up points on every drive in The first half. A couple wr drops, a Landry fumble and its 21-0 and we are throwing every down.

The illiterates are people clamoring to draft an overrated rookie or the never tannehillers.

Go back and watch any game from tannehill in 16. He’s pretty damn good in all of them

I'm not even going to watch the video since the OP obviously has an agenda, proven by calling everyone else football illiterates.

The first round of the draft just wrapped up. We didn't take your favorite QB so your feelings are hurt that they didn't listen to you on Finheaven. The Dolphins are obviously content riding with RT this season. I seem to think that the coaching staff and professionals that are paid to evaluate talent know a little bit more than me about players' abilities and how they fit the scheme so I will trust their decisions until the product on the field proves otherwise.

I have more important things in life to invest my emotions in than how my life-long favorite football team is running things. These guys are paid performers, just like actors and musicians. "Perform for me jesters". Football is a temporary distraction from my busy life as a husband, father and professional.

Maybe watch the video? Got me hyped for rt17 to return.

My Goodness. I forgot we ever had a team that could do that on offense. With that deficit, still playing with that kind of heart. I hope to God that our skill players can play like that again this year. RT and DVP played lights out (with the exception of the the panic throw away/pick for RT and the nonjump at the end for DVP). I hope they show even 80% of that kind of connection this year.

Good post OP.

What this thread really did was expose who actually took the time to watch your video. There were the people who didn't watch it at all and people who watched only the first couple minutes and made false assumptions.

This game was the perfect example of our elite potential down the road. RT is capable of playing at an elite level when getting protection and when his skill players don't drop the ball. Gase shows his ability to adjust at halftime. This game was a damn shame...we deserved the win.

RT has never been the problem. The illiterates don't recognize this, and as we can see from this thread...some just won't even take the time to analyze a video to even give themselves a chance to have an educated opinion.

My Goodness. I forgot we ever had a team that could do that on offense. With that deficit, still playing with that kind of heart. I hope to God that our skill players can play like that again this year. RT and DVP played lights out (with the exception of the the panic throw away/pick for RT and the nonjump at the end for DVP). I hope they show even 80% of that kind of connection this year.

I don't know...if you slow the video down, just move the mouse cursor real slow on the tracker, you'll see that DVP tracks the ball perfectly, reaches out to make an incredible 1 handed catch, but the defender was in perfect position. That was my take. That was unfortunately a low % throw from RT that ended up too high...but I felt DVP actually played the ball the best he could considering how high it was.

I noticed that he did miss a few throws but most were great throws. He did throw way late to cameron on that 3rd down play. He seems to miss a wide open guy on one play. But most of it seems like penalties, dropped balls, a fumble by Landry, and obviously lots of failed run plays because drives kept ending when he wasn’t throwing. I also saw Landry not get the first when he could’ve by going sideways. I saw tannehill getting off his back every time he missed a deep ball. The pick he had he got his arm hit.

Good post OP.

What this thread really did was expose who actually took the time to watch your video. There were the people who didn't watch it at all and people who watched only the first couple minutes and made false assumptions.

This game was the perfect example of our elite potential down the road. RT is capable of playing at an elite level when getting protection and when his skill players don't drop the ball. Gase shows his ability to adjust at halftime. This game was a damn shame...we deserved the win.

RT has never been the problem. The illiterates don't recognize this, and as we can see from this thread...some just won't even take the time to analyze a video to even give themselves a chance to have an educated opinion.

I’d argue they didn’t adjust, they just kept plugging away and WRs stopped dropping balls, holding penalties and so on. Elite level quarterback play, basically all year in 16 yet the illiterates still run their mouths.

Another game to check out, the rams game. Holy hell their defense was good and even though the numbers weren’t flashy he made all the throws and lead us back to a win.

I don't know...if you slow the video down, just move the mouse cursor real slow on the tracker, you'll see that DVP tracks the ball perfectly, reaches out to make an incredible 1 handed catch, but the defender was in perfect position. That was my take. That was unfortunately a low % throw from RT that ended up too high...but I felt DVP actually played the ball the best he could considering how high it was.
I get what you are saying. But DVP slowing to an odd backpedal and adjusting awkwardly to be forced to attempt a 1 handed stretch-catch, is far from playing lights out, and far from his performance in that game up until that final play.

I'm not saying it was lazy and that he just didn't put out any effort on that play, like many were saying right after that game, he definitely tracked the ball and tried his best but unfortunately he misjudged it and had to unsuccessfully readjust further back in the endzone at the last possible second. I'm just saying it was his only showing of less-than-lights-out from those highlights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom