Football Iq Test | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football Iq Test

I get what you are saying. But DVP slowing to an odd backpedal and adjusting awkwardly to be forced to attempt a 1 handed stretch-catch, is far from playing lights out, and far from his performance in that game up until that final play.

I'm not saying it was lazy, like many were saying right after that game, I'm just saying it was his only showing of less-than-lights-out from those highlights.

He should’ve boxed the guy out and jumped up to get the ball.

He should’ve boxed the guy out and jumped up to get the ball.
He SHOULD have YES. But like Phinfan31 was saying, it looks like that is exactly what DVP was trying to do, he just misjudged where the ball was going to come down. If you slow it down, you can see DVP turned toward the ball, shielding away any defender that may attempt to outjump him from behind him, and ready for a jump ball. THEN he realizes that he is out of place, and the ball is actually going to come down further behind him.

It is then that he tries to shuffle back further in the endzone, and is too late to get in position to jump. He has no other option at that time than to reach out with one hand, but it's not enough, and the defender is positioned perfectly to come down with the ball.

I don't think it was a poor effort on DVP's part, simply a poor judgment on the ball placement. Very correctable and far from the lack-of-effort concern everyone had right after that game.

I looked at the op thread and thought the exact opposite of what some are saying .
I think he is trying to make a case for RT.that he is better than people say he is.

Regardless, his approach is offensive. Even as a RT supporter, I roll my eyes at the OP.

"I'm smarter than you" threads rarely end well.

But I do like the video. That one back-foot throw that got picked was hideous, and was off on a couple others. Other than that? He made some fantastic throws.

"I'm smarter than you" threads rarely end well.

But I do like the video. That one back-foot throw that got picked was hideous, and was off on a couple others. Other than that? He made some fantastic throws.

I wish OP would have used better tact with this, bc I wonder what some of the truly outspoken 'haters' think about this, but I dont see much responses from them when actual game footage is involved.

I wish OP would have used better tact with this, bc I wonder what some of the truly outspoken 'haters' think about this, but I dont see much responses from them when actual game footage is involved.

The anti tannehill people are football illiterate. 16 was the beginning, first year with an NFL caliber coach and actual NFL level scheme. Sherman was garbage and Lazor was worse. On top of the scheme being trash, the talent level was embarrassing at o-line and only slightly improved in 16.

Facts are facts and not one of these QB prospects has more tools or potential in the tool box coming out when compared to 12 RT17. The only guy with the same ceiling was Josh Allen but I personally wouldn't have touched him until the second round with his accuracy issues. Josh Rosen can step in now but the arm talent isn't the same. Darnold looks like a bust IMO and I like Mayfield but he's going to Cleveland. good luck kid.

Honestly, don’t want to hear any of these get rid of tannehill people anymore. It’s so old and tiresome when you have 14 games, in a real nfl system to pull tape from. Not one loss can be attributed to rt17 in 16 and he kept us in or won numerous games for us.

Someone keeps saying it on here, we are lucky to have him more than he is lucky to be here.

too bad i saw this thread after 54 posted, or i coulda got a gold star!

i watched the whole video and the word that popped into mind was "ELITE!!!!"

if anyone watches that and doesnt realize who we have at QB..... oh well. he made one inexplicable play. almost every
other play/throw was somewhere between fair/good/phenomenal.

let's hope he can retain/regain most those skills post injury. we're fixing the rest of the team- we just might see a great turnaround this Fall!

yep- anyone thinking this team would be better w (name your rookie) is so off base.

here's the funniest things i read though:

"we're still waiting for Thill to break out..."

or "it's been 7 years...."

if you havent noticed Tannehill's arrival, then you're like a monkey looking at a Rembrandt. Nothing he does is going to make the light
come on.

The most aggressive anti tannys aren't in here, I wonder why? Some post stupid nonsense like "dislike button" or some other mental midget retort but cant back it up with film.

search for "every ryan tannehill drop back" on youtube and you tell me a time stamp to look at. I'm about to go look at the bengals games right now, so if you want to start with that fiasco, lets do it.

Back
Top Bottom