Football -vs- Soccer discussion | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football -vs- Soccer discussion

Prime Time said:
:rolleyes:

Your point is???

Soccer is the best sport IMO...

I believe the point was economically soccer is one of the few sports that every country can field a team in so that contributes to it being so popular. Like he said it is much easier to field a soccer team than to find 11 football helmets in a economically challenged country.

djfresh47 said:
I believe the point was economically soccer is one of the few sports that every country can field a team in so that contributes to it being so popular. Like he said it is much easier to field a soccer team than to find 11 football helmets in a economically challenged country.

Which means what? :rolleyes:

djfresh47 said:
I'm not a fan of soccer but it is amazing how often I seen that in the very little I watched. A guy would be carried off on a stretcher and then two minutes later back in the game. I did watch the USA/Ghana game and I think I recall the commentators who were not objective at all and seemed to have a huge rooting interest for the USA talking about a guy just being tired and laying down faking late in the game for Ghana. Even people who enjoy soccer have to think that this is a huge problem for the sport. Erik Cole played with a broken neck in the Stanley Cup Finals, Tony Parrish breaks his leg and walks off of the football field; some soccer guy gets a hang-nail and needs a stretcher.

:shakeno:

Soccer getting some recognition..Outside the Lines doing a segment right now all on the US Soccer Team...

Prime Time said:
Which means what? :rolleyes:

That it is much more difficult to play american football because they can't afford the equipment.

Mindwarp said:
Buddy if your school has a serious squad go practice with them, your football 2-a-days will look like cakewalk. TRUST ME.

Football is my main sport. I would always play and pick football over any sport, but before you bash something, go try it out.
i agree... i prefer football over soccer any day...thats just me...but you cant bash soccer...soccer player as just as tough if not tougher than football players...you cant say soccer is not a real sport...i think its one of the most dangerous one's to play...

Prime Time said:
:shakeno:

So you're a fan of the constant flopping? I love hockey and most people in the USA have no interest; but they have cut down on flopping for penalties. One of my favorite players Derrick Roy of the Sabres is known as a flopper but atleast it kinda looks like he gets hit. What's wrong with criticizing the "world's game," you tell me you like it that a guy gets carried off on a stretcher and comes back 2 minutes later? Really does that add to the game?

Jt0323 said:
i agree... i prefer football over soccer any day...thats just me...but you cant bash soccer...soccer player as just as tough if not tougher than football players...you cant say soccer is not a real sport...i think its one of the most dangerous one's to play...

They maybe just as tough but seeing a guy carried off on a stretcher in football means a huge injury and that it is probable he may never play again. Seeing a guy carried off on a stretcher in soccer is seen more than soccer goals.

djfresh47 said:
They maybe just as tough but seeing a guy carried off on a stretcher in football means a huge injury and that it is probable he may never play again. Seeing a guy carried off on a stretcher in soccer is seen more than soccer goals.

So what? that doesn't mean its not dangerous:shakeno:

TotoreMexico said:
So what? that doesn't mean its not dangerous:shakeno:

Not as dangerous as other sports. Their is a risk factor in basically every sport guys play and I would probably rank soccer with basketball. Guys can get hurt but it's more likely that it is a pulled muscle or maybe something with ligaments. It would be hard for me to say that a football player would not walk off the field with either and that it is more likely a soccer player is carted off on a stretcher. That doesn't account how dangerous the sport is but maybe it speaks about the character of the players. You're a soccer fan and I respect that but you're telling me that you like the flopping? I could careless how the USA lost but the games I did watch it seemed like their is alot of BS involved in the soccer games I did view.

djfresh47 said:
Not as dangerous as other sports. Their is a risk factor in basically every sport guys play and I would probably rank soccer with basketball. Guys can get hurt but it's more likely that it is a pulled muscle or maybe something with ligaments. It would be hard for me to say that a football player would not walk off the field with either and that it is more likely a soccer player is carted off on a stretcher. That doesn't account how dangerous the sport is but maybe it speaks about the character of the players. You're a soccer fan and I respect that but you're telling me that you like the flopping? I could careless how the USA lost but the games I did watch it seemed like their is alot of BS involved in the soccer games I did view.

Some players have that bad habit of simulating a foul, as for the injuries you don't have a clue...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXSaHNArZ1o&search=Soccer%20injuries
:rolleyes: Yeah ligaments right?

OK, I'm going to mention this just for fun :tongue: (so don't take it too seriously).

There is one injury you probably will never suffer in football. Remember in WC 1994 the Colombian Pablo Escobar (I know, same name as the infamous drug lord) gave the US an own goal? Well he was murdered for that.

Hehe.. so now, was that helpful for the pro-soccer arguments or the pro-football arguments? :lol:

TotoreMexico said:
Some players have that bad habit of simulating a foul, as for the injuries you don't have a clue...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXSaHNArZ1o&search=Soccer%20injuries
:rolleyes: Yeah ligaments right?

Is that because your a soccer fan or that you've lost all objectivity? Football players act hurt also but I do not see them being carried off of stretchers unless it's career threatening. I respect that you're a soccer fan but if you tell me that when I see guys getting carried of stretchers and coming back into the game a minute later it doesn't take away from the game. When Carson Palmer got hurt vs Pitt in the playoff game did anybody not think it was serious? When I see soccer players get hurt allegedly and come back into the game a minute later am I suppose to think it is serious? It's the world's sports but if you think diving and acting like you've been shot is the way to try to get American fans you're mistaken.

ckb2001 said:
OK, I'm going to mention this just for fun :tongue: (so don't take it too seriously).

There is one injury you probably will never suffer in football. Remember in WC 1994 the Colombian Pablo Escobar (I know, same name as the infamous drug lord) gave the US an own goal? Well he was murdered for that.

Hehe.. so now, was that helpful for the pro-soccer arguments or the pro-football arguments? :lol:

Does it? Or does it talk about how countries take it too far? The White Sox may favorite MLB team had two guys attack and umpire; yet I see it as something pathetic done by fans.

djfresh47 said:
Is that because your a soccer fan or that you've lost all objectivity? Football players act hurt also but I do not see them being carried off of stretchers unless it's career threatening. I respect that you're a soccer fan but if you tell me that when I see guys getting carried of stretchers and coming back into the game a minute later it doesn't take away from the game. When Carson Palmer got hurt vs Pitt in the playoff game did anybody not think it was serious? When I see soccer players get hurt allegedly and come back into the game a minute later am I suppose to think it is serious? It's the world's sports but if you think diving and acting like you've been shot is the way to try to get American fans you're mistaken.

What's wrong with being carried off strechers:confused: simulating a foul it's part of the game, seems like you have never played soccer...

Back
Top Bottom