For all those saying we have less talent this year... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For all those saying we have less talent this year...

Fintastical

Active Roster
Reaction score
I see all these Finheaven GM's saying we have less talent, that we shouldn't have traded Mike Wallace, that we can't rely on rookies, and that Suh's deal somehow ruined us, and it just makes me laugh. Let's have a dose of reality, shall we?

I'm a 32-year fan, so I know that we're a perennial terrible team. And all those "awesome players" they purged last year, sure, they were veterans with experience. And sure, Mike Wallace had 10 freaking touchdowns. But I'm here to tell you: so what, who cares!

We had the same players for three freaking years, and for three freaking years we were average. If you think that keeping them for another year is going to somehow elevate their play, then you're delusional. And if you think a rookie can't come in and be successful, then you're also delusional. If you think being 8-8 is somehow better than being 2-14, then you're super delusional. Losing the Superbowl by a point, or coming in dead last—they're the same. You're either a loser, or a loser.

I for one would rather rid the damn roster of all the idiots that keep contributing to mediocrity. That includes the head coach.

This is a board full of opinions, and I absolutely respect those opinions. However, stop being blind to reality. We haven't been good for a VERY long time. So you should be the first people to embrace every freaking INSANE change they could possibly make. It's not like we have anything to lose at this point.

Go ahead, tell me I'm not a real fan. Tell me I don't know football. Hell, tell me whatever it is that makes you feel better about yourself. It's the internet, you don't have to have accountability. But whatever you choose, stop being blind to where Dolphin football has been with mediocre talent.

Not sure exactly what you're going for here or what sparked this. Literally nothing going on right now, the most boring time of the year for football.
I guess what I'm saying is why was THIS your 37th post in 3 years?

I'm happy with all the moves we have made until this point .

Especially with Wallace being gone . He's a horrible example for our whole receiving corps , what does it say to your other receivers when the highest paid guy doesn't give a **** . It says, being like him can lead to success

Not sure exactly what you're going for here or what sparked this. Literally nothing going on right now, the most boring time of the year for football.
I guess what I'm saying is why was THIS your 37th post in 3 years?

Because I felt like posting. And because of responses like yours. You are a contributing factor as to why I remain a lurker instead of an active participant.

I think most people are happy with the moves thus far, but are hoping and praying the team isn't done filling holes.

Normally, we'd all just assume it was a process and go on our merry way, but when the team says, "We are happy with Dallas Thomas" it starts a frenzy not unlike the LA Riots of 1992. "We are happy with Dallas Thomas" is something you say to trick or treaters on Halloween to scare them.

I think most people are happy with the moves thus far, but are hoping and praying the team isn't done filling holes.

Normally, we'd all just assume it was a process and go on our merry way, but when the team says, "We are happy with Dallas Thomas" it starts a frenzy not unlike the LA Riots of 1992. "We are happy with Dallas Thomas" is something you say to trick or treaters on Halloween to scare them.

I do agree that Dallas Thomas is too soft to be a bouncer at Chuck E. Cheese's.

Because I felt like posting. And because of responses like yours. You are a contributing factor as to why I remain a lurker instead of an active participant.

Your thread is a good conversation starter and I think you'll get a lot of people agreeing with you. Good on you to post a new thread and no need to feel you have to lurk. All opinions welcome here :brewskis:

Unfortunately, they're not. I've even seen on numerous occasions where mods are the worst detractors from positive conversation. I technically joined the site in 2001, but I've come and gone over the years because, well, it's the internet and it's made humans crazy—especially depressed Fin fans.

Unfortunately, they're not. I've even seen on numerous occasions where mods are the worst detractors from positive conversation. I technically joined the site in 2001, but I've come and gone over the years because, well, it's the internet and it's made humans crazy—especially depressed Fin fans.

Understandable. I WILL say my favorite time to be on the site is when the Dolphins do something that is "So Dolphins" like drop the last two or three games of the season, because EVERYONE is together in the camaraderie of "Can you believe we root for these guys?". It's an annual tradition, like Christmas, and unites everyone like nothing else. That's why the site almost crashes when Joe Philbin calls time outs to help the Packers win. :thumbsup:

I agree, we are better by subtraction if nothing else. Give some other players a chance to shine bc these overpaid players we let go were not getting the job done. Like the old saying, cant keep bangin your head up against the wall and expect different results. We were spinning our wheels with these guys, and now we at least have a chance at different results.

Understandable. I WILL say my favorite time to be on the site is when the Dolphins do something that is "So Dolphins" like drop the last two or three games of the season, because EVERYONE is together in the camaraderie of "Can you believe we root for these guys?". It's an annual tradition, like Christmas, and unites everyone like nothing else. That's why the site almost crashes when Joe Philbin calls time outs to help the Packers win.

Understandable. I WILL say my favorite time to be on the site is when the Dolphins do something that is "So Dolphins" like drop the last two or three games of the season, because EVERYONE is together in the camaraderie of "Can you believe we root for these guys?". It's an annual tradition, like Christmas, and unites everyone like nothing else. That's why the site almost crashes when Joe Philbin calls time outs to help the Packers win.

More like Festivus and the airing of grievances.

I see all these Finheaven GM's saying we have less talent, that we shouldn't have traded Mike Wallace, that we can't rely on rookies, and that Suh's deal somehow ruined us, and it just makes me laugh. Let's have a dose of reality, shall we?

I'm a 32-year fan, so I know that we're a perennial terrible team. And all those "awesome players" they purged last year, sure, they were veterans with experience. And sure, Mike Wallace had 10 freaking touchdowns. But I'm here to tell you: so what, who cares!

We had the same players for three freaking years, and for three freaking years we were average. If you think that keeping them for another year is going to somehow elevate their play, then you're delusional. And if you think a rookie can't come in and be successful, then you're also delusional. If you think being 8-8 is somehow better than being 2-14, then you're super delusional. Losing the Superbowl by a point, or coming in dead last—they're the same. You're either a loser, or a loser.

I for one would rather rid the damn roster of all the idiots that keep contributing to mediocrity. That includes the head coach.

This is a board full of opinions, and I absolutely respect those opinions. However, stop being blind to reality. We haven't been good for a VERY long time. So you should be the first people to embrace every freaking INSANE change they could possibly make. It's not like we have anything to lose at this point.

Go ahead, tell me I'm not a real fan. Tell me I don't know football. Hell, tell me whatever it is that makes you feel better about yourself. It's the internet, you don't have to have accountability. But whatever you choose, stop being blind to where Dolphin football has been with mediocre talent.

You know nothing, John Snow.

Back
Top Bottom