For all those saying we have less talent this year... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For all those saying we have less talent this year...

I don't really care that they purged the roster of all the bad Ireland moves...but I also don't expect us to be better than we were last year. More successful teams have a plan in place and don't cut everyone at once...Dolphins just decided to rip the Band-Aid off and rid the roster of about 14 players and added three. And like the OP said...2-14 is better than 8-8 so here we go.

More like Festivus and the airing of grievances.

HpBDgU7S6h0ha.gif

You know nothing, John Snow.

LMAO!! I agree. Everyone has their own opinions, but let's be honest Miami has been mediocre at best this is coming from frustrating fan. With that said we need to start producing it out on field, we're supposed win the division for past 2 seasons but expectations were not met. As for the talent on the roster my concern is on offense side of the ball. When he Mike Wallace he had to be accounted for because of his speed, now take that away along with Clay and replaced with Cameron (concussion history) and Stills (young upcoming) is where my concern lies. I hope I'm wrong but we'll have to wait to see how it translate on the field.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

I don't really care that they purged the roster of all the bad Ireland moves...but I also don't expect us to be better than we were last year. More successful teams have a plan in place and don't cut everyone at once...Dolphins just decided to rip the Band-Aid off and rid the roster of about 14 players and added three. And like the OP said...2-14 is better than 8-8 so here we go.

Before Wallace trade I had us going 11-5 after trade I have us at 8-8 again.

:lol: That's a lot of rage at your finbase brothers, man. Everyone should be happy we cut the deadweight Ireland saddled this team with. The only problem is how you replace it. Creating holes without adequately filling them was another Ireland move. One which Hickey avoided, yet Tannenbaum seems to be bringing back.

Before Wallace trade I had us going 11-5 after trade I have us at 8-8 again.

I had us going 8-8 at best before free agency. Now with all the movement, I'm not really sure. Suh makes us better against the run, but I'm very worried about our lack of a decent #2 cornerback going into the season and I'm not convinced we're better at the wide receiver position. We may be, but that's going to depend on whether Stills can produce against double coverage and/or #1 cornerbacks. Anyway, no assessments really mean anything until the draft is over.

:lol: That's a lot of rage at your finbase brothers, man. Everyone should be happy we cut the deadweight Ireland saddled this team with. The only problem is how you replace it. Creating holes without adequately filling them was another Ireland move. One which Hickey avoided, yet Tannenbaum seems to be bringing back.

What holes were created and not filled?

I don't see any.

I agree with the op. I was dead against trading Wallace and his 10 TDs but I think the FO did a great job bringing in Stills who has the speed and production to help offset the loss of Wallace. When Jordon Cameron is added to the equation that again helps to offset the loss of MW. I still think we need 2 more receivers, by the way, Phillip Dorsett, from the U of Miami ran a 4.2 and change in his pro day today. All the Fin brass was at the pro day which included Tannenbaum, Hickey, Philbin, Lasor etc. We just have to play a strong hand on draft day and see how it falls. This draft is super deep at wide receiver and we have to snag some great ones. Talking about Dorsett on NFL channel right now.

I see all these Finheaven GM's saying we have less talent, that we shouldn't have traded Mike Wallace, that we can't rely on rookies, and that Suh's deal somehow ruined us, and it just makes me laugh. Let's have a dose of reality, shall we?

I'm a 32-year fan, so I know that we're a perennial terrible team. And all those "awesome players" they purged last year, sure, they were veterans with experience. And sure, Mike Wallace had 10 freaking touchdowns. But I'm here to tell you: so what, who cares!

We had the same players for three freaking years, and for three freaking years we were average. If you think that keeping them for another year is going to somehow elevate their play, then you're delusional. And if you think a rookie can't come in and be successful, then you're also delusional. If you think being 8-8 is somehow better than being 2-14, then you're super delusional. Losing the Superbowl by a point, or coming in dead last—they're the same. You're either a loser, or a loser.

I for one would rather rid the damn roster of all the idiots that keep contributing to mediocrity. That includes the head coach.

This is a board full of opinions, and I absolutely respect those opinions. However, stop being blind to reality. We haven't been good for a VERY long time. So you should be the first people to embrace every freaking INSANE change they could possibly make. It's not like we have anything to lose at this point.

Go ahead, tell me I'm not a real fan. Tell me I don't know football. Hell, tell me whatever it is that makes you feel better about yourself. It's the internet, you don't have to have accountability. But whatever you choose, stop being blind to where Dolphin football has been with mediocre talent.

A forum GM lecturing other forum GM's. :lol:

Not sure exactly what you're going for here or what sparked this. Literally nothing going on right now, the most boring time of the year for football.
I guess what I'm saying is why was THIS your 37th post in 3 years?

Another attempt to derail a thread started by a a poster with an opinion...Who cares how many times someone posts...its a forum for opinions and the OP has an opinion ...if you can't think of anything to challenge or agree with it then move on...I'm sure your 1415 posts are worthy of whatever your dreams are but to me its not the quantity as much as the quality...maybe somehow you'll be recognized for the FinHeaven Hall of Fame someday and if so congrats man YOU DID IT...I just hope it's not for thread bashing lol...

Nothing wrong with lurking....I'd post more myself but after being convinced chad henne was the answer I feel I don't get the privilege to ever post anything about football....thanks God for this site

Unfortunately, they're not. I've even seen on numerous occasions where mods are the worst detractors from positive conversation. I technically joined the site in 2001, but I've come and gone over the years because, well, it's the internet and it's made humans crazy—especially depressed Fin fans.

Wait, what?!?

Me no likey.

:caveman:

:lol: You're certainly entitled to that opinion ... But, HUH?!?

Enjoyed the post... and don't feel bad for being a lurker. Some of these guys will do that to you. LOL

Back
Top Bottom