For all those saying we have less talent this year... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For all those saying we have less talent this year...

This is a great thread, one of the things we get lured into thinking is that this player can't be replaced or that player can't, and yet those players have been here 2-4 years and nothings changed. What it is, is that you get comfortable with who you know vs those you don't. Jenkins should be a great example of not knowing what you got until they get a chance. When Elerbe went down on opening day, I'm sure a number of us, including me, thought, ouh oh, but then Jenkins kills it. I would have love to see more of McCain last year, started great and then nothing, coaches don't play him, he could have really developed and then taken a big leap this year, instead, we still don't know. This team kills me that way. Receiver wise I don't know what we have, but that's also exciting because other teams don't either. I did like Sills in NO. Watch him a couple of times. He's a play maker to me. I look forward to Billy T. getting some time at Guard. My understanding is he developed pretty nicely in practice over the course of the year. Jamar Taylor didn't play badly last year, but his injury problem is a concern. If he remains healthy, our starting unit can be a monster. It's depth with this team that worries me more right now. Dallas Thomas is depth, and if he hasn't grown this year, that's not good depth. This draft has to hit imho at WR, ILB, OG\OL, and Corner. I think we have enough to carry the other areas. That's 4 of 6 picks..whew, hard to do with where we're drafting at..UDFA's come on down. Any serviceable FA left may have to fill in until next year. This may be a surprising team and fun. I for one look forward to the new season.

I dont think we have less talent but we lack depth although last years starters we cut loose and guys who we relied on and let go are not hard to replace

Just gonna rely on a lot of unknowns if we get into our depth and some kids who id much rather deal with growing pains on provided they are legit talent than some washed up or non productive no upside dead weight veteran

I dont think we have less talent but we lack depth although last years starters we cut loose and guys who we relied on and let go are not hard to replace

Just gonna rely on a lot of unknowns if we get into our depth and some kids who id much rather deal with growing pains on provided they are legit talent than some washed up or non productive no upside dead weight veteran

Pretty much. I'd rather see a bunch of guys that might show some kind of spark instead of raging about a guy like Wheeler that's only out there because he's a veteran.

Pretty much. I'd rather see a bunch of guys that might show some kind of spark instead of raging about a guy like Wheeler that's only out there because he's a veteran.

Not a lot of people saw Jenkins coming. Hopefully, we'll see some of the young defenders develop. If we could just get two from Jordan, Taylor, Davis, McCain, and Tripp, it'd go a long way.

Not a lot of people saw Jenkins coming. Hopefully, we'll see some of the young defenders develop. If we could just get two from Jordan, Taylor, Davis, McCain, and Tripp, it'd go a long way.

That's kind of the problem. This coaching staff would rather play some veteran than seeing what rookies can do. At least now they won't have much of a choice but to let rookies play.

If you cut guys and the guys that replace them are the same ones that couldn't beat those guys for playing time then you have less talent, simple.

If you cut guys and the guys that replace them are the same ones that couldn't beat those guys for playing time then you have less talent, simple.

Actually, no, that's not how it works in the Dolphin regime. They don't/haven't wanted to play rookies and they HAD to play guys they paid big money to. So we don't know if they actually have less talent or not.

Actually, no, that's not how it works in the Dolphin regime. They don't/haven't wanted to play rookies and they HAD to play guys they paid big money to. So we don't know if they actually have less talent or not.

Don't buy that Dolphins don't play rookies, every year we play the Rockies that earn time. The ones like dion jordan and jamar taylor don't play because they don't earn it.

I see all these Finheaven GM's saying we have less talent, that we shouldn't have traded Mike Wallace, that we can't rely on rookies, and that Suh's deal somehow ruined us, and it just makes me laugh. Let's have a dose of reality, shall we?

I'm a 32-year fan, so I know that we're a perennial terrible team. And all those "awesome players" they purged last year, sure, they were veterans with experience. And sure, Mike Wallace had 10 freaking touchdowns. But I'm here to tell you: so what, who cares!

We had the same players for three freaking years, and for three freaking years we were average. If you think that keeping them for another year is going to somehow elevate their play, then you're delusional. And if you think a rookie can't come in and be successful, then you're also delusional. If you think being 8-8 is somehow better than being 2-14, then you're super delusional. Losing the Superbowl by a point, or coming in dead last—they're the same. You're either a loser, or a loser.

I for one would rather rid the damn roster of all the idiots that keep contributing to mediocrity. That includes the head coach.

This is a board full of opinions, and I absolutely respect those opinions. However, stop being blind to reality. We haven't been good for a VERY long time. So you should be the first people to embrace every freaking INSANE change they could possibly make. It's not like we have anything to lose at this point.

Go ahead, tell me I'm not a real fan. Tell me I don't know football. Hell, tell me whatever it is that makes you feel better about yourself. It's the internet, you don't have to have accountability. But whatever you choose, stop being blind to where Dolphin football has been with mediocre talent.

Lol. What's this rant about. Maybe I'm missing something but I haven't seen any threads saying we are less talented this year than last.. Actually, not one... Wow

Don't buy that Dolphins don't play rookies, every year we play the Rockies that earn time. The ones like dion jordan and jamar taylor don't play because they don't earn it.

Agreed. In Phailbins first year or so he stated he didn't like to play rookies however the last two years he has which throws the he doesn't play rookies argument out the window. The biggest issue with Phailbin is however being stubborn and playing guys like Dallas Thomas when they aren't even worthy of riding the bench

I was one of the people who wanted to keep Wallace. I thought he was a great option for this offense to have and he did post almost 1000 yards and 10 TDs last season. That said, I am glad to see him gone because he was bad for the environment; he is a ME guy. I am willing to trust in this new front office until they burn me. After all, they are the ones getting paid for it; while I'm the one typing opinions behind my keyboard.

Another attempt to derail a thread started by a a poster with an opinion...Who cares how many times someone posts...its a forum for opinions and the OP has an opinion ...if you can't think of anything to challenge or agree with it then move on...I'm sure your 1415 posts are worthy of whatever your dreams are but to me its not the quantity as much as the quality...maybe somehow you'll be recognized for the FinHeaven Hall of Fame someday and if so congrats man YOU DID IT...I just hope it's not for thread bashing lol...

If you think I'M a professional thread baser......Maybe you should lurk more often.

Look, if someone is going to start a thread out of the blue that reads as though they are defending themselves against an attack....when nothing of the sort has occurred, they are going to have comments posted about it. If you can't take having an argument then you are seriously in the wrong place. It's a forum, so I suggest you get a little duck fur and let things roll off it. Don't take it personal.

p.s. Bashing the mods will not work well in you guy's favor. FWIW

Last edited by a moderator:
Lurkers are awesome. Im sure some of us are on here more than your most popular posters. We just prefer to read more. Gets me through my work day when I dont have much to do.

Not sure how to feel about this thread.

Random thoughts:

1) The sentiment is understood and appreciated. However, the whole thing smacks of the "I'm here to tell you all how it is and give you a dose of reality" tone that goes over so well on this board.

2) Losing the Super Bowl is not the same as being the worst team in the league. Again, I understand what you mean, but they're not the same thing.

3) As I see it, there are four stages a team can be at:

• A) Basement Dweller: A staggeringly bad football team for many seasons in a row. Think Jacksonville, Cleveland or Oakland.
  • B) Frisky but frustrating: Tantalizing. Gives a fan hope. Might up and whup San Diego 37-0 one week, look like they're ready to make the leap to C)...and then completely fall apart. The Fins for most of the past six years.
  • C) Flawed playoff teams: 2008 Dolphins. Where the 2013 and 2014 Fins almost were, and 2015 might be. The 2014 Bengals, Colts and Cardinals. A team that has a glaring weakness that will be exposed by someone in group D.
  • D) Super Bowl Contenders: New England. Seattle. Green Bay.

Now...I would advocate that B is the most stressful and frustrating...which explains a lot of my drinking. But being in group C) is, in my opinion, a heck of a lot better than being in group A).

This is a great thread, one of the things we get lured into thinking is that this player can't be replaced or that player can't, and yet those players have been here 2-4 years and nothings changed. What it is, is that you get comfortable with who you know vs those you don't. Jenkins should be a great example of not knowing what you got until they get a chance. When Elerbe went down on opening day, I'm sure a number of us, including me, thought, ouh oh, but then Jenkins kills it. I would have love to see more of McCain last year, started great and then nothing, coaches don't play him, he could have really developed and then taken a big leap this year, instead, we still don't know. This team kills me that way. Receiver wise I don't know what we have, but that's also exciting because other teams don't either. I did like Sills in NO. Watch him a couple of times. He's a play maker to me. I look forward to Billy T. getting some time at Guard. My understanding is he developed pretty nicely in practice over the course of the year. Jamar Taylor didn't play badly last year, but his injury problem is a concern. If he remains healthy, our starting unit can be a monster. It's depth with this team that worries me more right now. Dallas Thomas is depth, and if he hasn't grown this year, that's not good depth. This draft has to hit imho at WR, ILB, OG\OL, and Corner. I think we have enough to carry the other areas. That's 4 of 6 picks..whew, hard to do with where we're drafting at..UDFA's come on down. Any serviceable FA left may have to fill in until next year. This may be a surprising team and fun. I for one look forward to the new season.
Just a friendly note. It helps to give your post a once over before you post. This one could benefit from a paragraph break or two.

I say this from experience, as I often post from my phone and frequently have typos myself.

Back
Top Bottom