For anyone that still thinks Ronnie Brown isn't good... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For anyone that still thinks Ronnie Brown isn't good...

endorPHINS72

Restore the greatness!
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Ronnie Brown today is showing why he was the #2 overall pick. He is hitting holes quickly, breaking tackles and carrying would-be tacklers. For those of you who said he's just another running back, as of 13:23 left in the game, Ronnie has 119 yards on 20 carries. His backup, Sammy Morris, who is running behind the same offensive line has 5 carries for two yards and a critical fumble.

There are plenty of things to be upset about with this Dolphins team, but Ronnie Brown is not one of them. CUT THE HATING ON RONNIE!!!!!!! :fire:

absolutly RB has been the best player out ther today but sadly i think there was way to many errors out there today by the team (joey and sammy!) that may cost us the game.

No offense, but he looked good out there today against a suspect Jet's defense that is one of the worst in the league, he did good, but he should have done better against our D-line.

1 good game all year makes him great? Sorry, he is a good player, but not a great one. Should have been a late 1st round or 2nd round pick! Instead of blowing a #2.

Godzilla said:
1 good game all year makes him great? Sorry, he is a good player, but not a great one. Should have been a late 1st round or 2nd round pick! Instead of blowing a #2.

what a stupid az post

It's not that he isn't good it's just in the open field he looks very slow. For gods sake he should have took that one run to the house but he stepped out of bounds? Who does that? He is young and has alot to learn still but I don't think he is what we would have envisioned him to be at this point. He is more of a power runner than being able to take one outside and break it for 6. I didn't watch him alot at Auburn but when drafted, from the highlights I saw, I figured him to be more elusive and quicker than he really is. I think last year he benefited greatly from ricky williams wearing defenses down. Not saying ronnie isn't good but IMO we need to draft a stud runningback or at least one that has better than average skills to back him up.

BleedinGreenNC said:
No offense, but he looked good out there today against a suspect Jet's defense that is one of the worst in the league, he did good, but he should have done better against our D-line.
:rolleyes:

I'm sorry...I know I said I would wait to make this call, but Ronnie is a good player and nothing special. This is a Jet's defense that can't stop the run...Ronnie should have put up 150 yards on this. What really gets me is the 4th and 6 inches...how did Ronnie do there? Oh yeah, he turned his back to the tackle and came up short.

This is not a star.

volk said:
I'm sorry...I know I said I would wait to make this call, but Ronnie is a good player and nothing special. This is a Jet's defense that can't stop the run...Ronnie should have put up 150 yards on this. What really gets me is the 4th and 6 inches...how did Ronnie do there? Oh yeah, he turned his back to the tackle and came up short.

This is not a star.

and you are a piss poor judge of talent

If Brown had gotten a 150 yards people would have said the Jets suck he should have gotten 175. People calling him a bust are just insanely dumb, thinking he will be good but maybe not great is alright but give the guy some time

volk said:

This is not a star.

I agree. The Jets defense was ranked 29th. On that 4th and 1 he should have lowered his shoulder and pounded it in there, instead he hits the hole running high and then tries to twist it in there with no momentum. Because he was running upright it was easy to stand him up.
He is a very good player, but he's not a very instinctive one and that is why he's not great.
Having said that, he otherwise had a pretty good game today.

The OL had their best game of the season..........

Ronnie Brown finally had a lead blocker and has a good game. Maybe Barnes should be out there more often. My opinion of Ronnie hasn't changed, he's an elite RB. Just give him some running lanes and a lead blocker.

Back
Top Bottom