For anyone that still thinks Ronnie Brown isn't good... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For anyone that still thinks Ronnie Brown isn't good...

miadolfan054 said:
ronnie stepped it up today.

the oline, what a game... mistakes, penalties, DROPPED PASSES, and secondary killed us.

overall im just frustrated. end of story. still going to the packer game on sunday though, hopefully we can win that one.

represent brother...Go Fins!

cnc66 said:
oh bullcrap you hater...you know less than nothing.... you would look just right with fireman Ed on your shoulders...backwards
Yeah, hater... That's it, but what's your story? Why are you SOOO IN LOVE with Ronnie Brown? He's done nothing to warrant it. He's been subpar for a #2 pick. It's a fact. He wasn't worth it. If you continue to troll around the boards being so over the top in your support of the guy, there will be 10 guys behind you saying that the guy is just average at best, or just a serviceable player. "Great" players make bad players around them look good. So far your "great" Ronnie Brown hasn't even made anyone look decent. He had a solid game today, against the third to last rushing D. Write home about it.

Dmancari23 said:
That's just the point. Ronnie Brown is JUST good. He's not great, he's not excellent, and he's not worthy of a #2 pick. Period. Plenty of backs make a living having a decent game here and there. That's all that happened today. Look at the story on the front page. It's a resounding opinion around the league. Dan Marino dogged him today as well as all of the other analysts. He isn't a star. He's a serviceable player in the league. I was happy to see him have a decent game for once.

You know what? Ronnie Brown just might look great if he had a decent offensive line to consistently run behind. Is Cadillac Williams a great player yet? No. Can he be? It wouldn't surprise me. Is Ronnie Brown a great back yet? No. Can he be? It wouldn't surprise me either.

So the question you need to ask yourself is who is the great running back you would have drafted in 2005? There aren't any at this points in their careers. Cadillac, Ronnie and Frank Gore look very promising, but none of them are great, and those were the best backs in the draft.

quote=Dmancari23 - So far your "great" Ronnie Brown hasn't even made anyone look decent.

Are you even a Dolphins fan? The way you said "your" makes it sound as if you aren't.

Ronnie couldn't win today. He has a good game and it's because the Jets defense sucks. If he had a bad game today, he's horrible. That is being a hater.

endorPHINS72 said:
You know what? Ronnie Brown just might look great if he had a decent offensive line to consistently run behind. Is Cadillac Williams a great player yet? No. Can he be? It wouldn't surprise me. Is Ronnie Brown a great back yet? No. Can he be? It wouldn't surprise me either.

So the question you need to ask yourself is who is the great running back you would have drafted in 2005? There aren't any at this points in their careers. Cadillac, Ronnie and Frank Gore look very promising, but none of them are great, and those were the best backs in the draft.
I wouldn't have drafted any of those backs. I would drafted the only guy who was rated a blue chip prospect, Braylon Edwards. None of those RB's impressed me coming out of college. If I HAD to choose one of them, I personally liked Cadillac Williams. Ronnie has ZERO instincts and just runs straight ahead. Cadillac is a more elusive, outside runner... Which is more suitable to our team.

endorPHINS72 said:
Dmancari23 said:
So far your "great" Ronnie Brown hasn't even made anyone look decent.quote]

Are you even a Dolphins fan? The way you said "your" makes it sound as if you aren't.

Ronnie couldn't win today. He has a good game and it's because the Jets defense sucks. If he had a bad game today, he's horrible. That is being a hater.
I say "your" because I've NEVER liked the Ronnie Brown pick, so I've never accepted the fact that we wasted a #2 pick on the guy. He's on the team, but he hasn't done anything for me. I'm not saying he won't, but to me, he hasn't earn his damn big paycheck. He has one good game against the third worst rushing D and I'm supposed to be bowing down to the guy? Not happening. I did however, acknowledge that I was happy he had a good game today, and him and Hagan are about the only 2 bright spots that can come away from this game. I love Hagan and Channing Crowder out of the last 2 drafts, everyone else hasn't done anything to grab me. Ronnie would have to do ALOT more than he is for me to be happy with the pick. I will say this, I do believe it was in Larry Johnson's 3rd year that he finally came on, so I'm not going to call Ronnie a bust, and have never called him a bust. Is he worth a #2 draft pick? ABSOLUTELY NOT. I don't think he's even played up to worth a 1st rounder yet.

Dmancari23 said:
I wouldn't have drafted any of those backs. I would drafted the only guy who was rated a blue chip prospect, Braylon Edwards. None of those RB's impressed me coming out of college. If I HAD to choose one of them, I personally liked Cadillac Williams. Ronnie has ZERO instincts and just runs straight ahead. Cadillac is a more elusive, outside runner... Which is more suitable to our team.

Is Braylon Edwards a great receiver yet? No.

And saying Ronnie has zero running instincts is just stupid. You want to see zero running instincts? Look at game tape of Sammy Morris today.

[mod] No personal attacks! [/mod]

Dmancari23 said:
Yeah, hater... That's it, but what's your story? Why are you SOOO IN LOVE with Ronnie Brown? He's done nothing to warrant it. He's been subpar for a #2 pick. It's a fact. He wasn't worth it. If you continue to troll around the boards being so over the top in your support of the guy, there will be 10 guys behind you saying that the guy is just average at best, or just a serviceable player. "Great" players make bad players around them look good. So far your "great" Ronnie Brown hasn't even made anyone look decent. He had a solid game today, against the third to last rushing D. Write home about it.

dude, you are hardly worth the effort. You have been offered post after post and yet you are absolutly incapable of understanding.

I don't think anyone here is ready to start a "Ronnie for the HOF" thread yet. If we can really improve this o-line this offseason, look for Ronnie to get anywhere from 1,300 - 1,500 yards rushing. He can be that good. How do I know that? Look at the way when he's stopped for no gain and he still manages to get 3 yards out of what should be a negative or no gain. Just wait until he starts seeing running lanes on a regular basis.

I'm not convinced he will ever have the vision that it takes to be a star back. He hasn't shown it EVER. He isn't a gamebreaker, never has been. Cadillac Williams, at times, has shown the ability to be a gamebreaker. Braylon Edwards is a star. Is he great yet? No, but he's the furthest along out of any of those top 10 players from 2005.

Dmancari23 said:
I'm not convinced he will ever have the vision that it takes to be a star back. He hasn't shown it EVER. He isn't a gamebreaker, never has been. Cadillac Williams, at times, has shown the ability to be a gamebreaker. Braylon Edwards is a star. Is he great yet? No, but he's the furthest along out of any of those top 10 players from 2005.

Um, did you see what Ronnie did today when he actually had some running lanes?

I knew when I saw your name in a Ronnie Brown thread it was going to be negative about him. Ronnie is the least of the Dolphins worries.

Dmancari23 said:

see, you make my point...you know nothing...

Even with the JEts having a terrible rush defense, look at the difference between Ronnies production and Sammy's. Ronnie does make things happen, he consistently all year has made plays for negative yardage into positive ones.

Sammie was never a highly touted, #2 draft pick!!!!!!! Why is it that people here try and twist everything for this guy? What has Ronnie Brown EVER done to earn soooooooo much respect around here? It's crazy. The guy has alot to prove but everyone is handing him the keys to the city. He had a good game against THE 3RD WORST RUSHING DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE. I am happy he had a good game, but to say this was a breakout game is a joke. This is what the #2 pick in the 2005 draft is SUPPOSED TO DO and what he is making MILLIONS of dollars to do.

Back
Top Bottom