For anyone that still thinks Ronnie Brown isn't good... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For anyone that still thinks Ronnie Brown isn't good...

cnc66 said:
[mod] No personal attacks! [/mod]

dude, you are hardly worth the effort. You have been offered post after post and yet you are absolutly incapable of understanding.

Look who is talking. You offer no evidence of Brown's greatness, because there is no evidence. Thanks for trying though. Bye Bye

Even great backs struggle with weak o-lines and no threat of a passing game. Larry Johnson is a good example this year (3.7ypc), he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire running the ball. I think its due to his depleted o-line and the lack of a passing attack. I think Ronnie will produce when all the pieces are in place.(hopefully that happens this year when our o-line gels, and a qb gets comfortable, might be wishful thinking)

Dmancari23 said:
Yeah, hater... That's it, but what's your story? Why are you SOOO IN LOVE with Ronnie Brown? He's done nothing to warrant it. He's been subpar for a #2 pick. It's a fact. He wasn't worth it. If you continue to troll around the boards being so over the top in your support of the guy, there will be 10 guys behind you saying that the guy is just average at best, or just a serviceable player. "Great" players make bad players around them look good. So far your "great" Ronnie Brown hasn't even made anyone look decent. He had a solid game today, against the third to last rushing D. Write home about it.

Here it is Brown's #1 hater

Godzilla said:
Look who is talking. You offer no evidence of Brown's greatness, because there is no evidence. Thanks for trying though. Bye Bye

How many times have we seen Ronnie Brown get hit in the backfield as soon as he gets the ball, dropped for a loss or make a superhuman effort to turn negative yardage into a two or three yard gain?

I haven't seen one person in this thread say that Ronnie Brown is great. He is a very good back who is going to get better once the offensive line is improved and he actually has a chance to break some big runs. The fact that he is averaging 3.8 YPC behind a poor offensive line and some tumultuous quarterback play is testament to his ability.

I just don't understand the people who hate Ronnie. It's just plain stupid. :shakeno:

endorPHINS72 said:
How many times have we seen Ronnie Brown get hit in the backfield as soon as he gets the ball, dropped for a loss or make a superhuman effort to turn negative yardage into a two or three yard gain?

I haven't seen one person in this thread say that Ronnie Brown is great. He is a very good back who is going to get better once the offensive line is improved and he actually has a chance to break some big runs. The fact that he is averaging 3.8 YPC behind a poor offensive line and some tumultuous quarterback play is testament to his ability.

I just don't understand the people who hate Ronnie. It's just plain stupid. :shakeno:

No one hates Ronnie. I like him and think he will be a very good back. I think people are just disappointed in him right now. Ricky had the same problems with the OLine and he MADE EXPLOSIVE PLAYS. Brown doesnt. Are these people below crazy too?

'The `wow' factor isn't there,'' CBS analyst Dan Dierdorf, who announced Miami losses to Buffalo and New England, said off-air. ``I don't think we've seen anything yet that labels him extraordinary, that on a scale of 10 makes him a nine. He's not getting the best blocking, but he isn't making special things happen. He's not making people miss.''

So is Brown a special talent, as a No. 2 overall pick should be? ''No,'' former Dolphins back Troy Stradford insisted. ``Teams are concerned with him, but they're not scared of him. Until he does something to [warrant] that, he's not one of the elite backs. 'When I see Ronnie, I think of Sammie Smith. He has size, strength and speed. On paper, he has it all. But he always leaves me wanting more. There's never been a game where I say, `That's a great game.' He runs hard, but I don't think he ran hard on the fumble Sunday. I don't see him busting through holes.''

Godzilla said:
No one hates Ronnie. I like him and think he will be a very good back. I think people are just disappointed in him right now. Ricky had the same problems with the OLine and he MADE EXPLOSIVE PLAYS. Brown doesnt. Are these people below crazy too?

'The `wow' factor isn't there,'' CBS analyst Dan Dierdorf, who announced Miami losses to Buffalo and New England, said off-air. ``I don't think we've seen anything yet that labels him extraordinary, that on a scale of 10 makes him a nine. He's not getting the best blocking, but he isn't making special things happen. He's not making people miss.''

So is Brown a special talent, as a No. 2 overall pick should be? ''No,'' former Dolphins back Troy Stradford insisted. ``Teams are concerned with him, but they're not scared of him. Until he does something to [warrant] that, he's not one of the elite backs. 'When I see Ronnie, I think of Sammie Smith. He has size, strength and speed. On paper, he has it all. But he always leaves me wanting more. There's never been a game where I say, `That's a great game.' He runs hard, but I don't think he ran hard on the fumble Sunday. I don't see him busting through holes.''

It's funny, this television commentator evaluation brings me back...I remember the home loss to Buffalo during the 2002 season. The CBS analysts were commenting on how Ricky Williams didn't have the explosiveness that Travis Henry did (because Henry busted off a big run during the game). Looking back, which back would you say is more explosive? Ricky Williams or Travis Henry?

As for Troy Stradford's comments, there is some merit to them. Ronnie does have things he needs to improve on. I think Stradford may have also been trying to motivate Ronnie as well, sort of like when Saban called Chris Chambers a "decent" receiver.

endorPHINS72 said:
It's funny, this television commentator evaluation brings me back...I remember the home loss to Buffalo during the 2002 season. The CBS analysts were commenting on how Ricky Williams didn't have the explosiveness that Travis Henry did (because Henry busted off a big run during the game). Looking back, which back would you say is more explosive? Ricky Williams or Travis Henry?

As for Troy Stradford's comments, there is some merit to them. Ronnie does have things he needs to improve on. I think Stradford may have also been trying to motivate Ronnie as well, sort of like when Saban called Chris Chambers a "decent" receiver.

Excellent points.......

People forget, when Ricky Williams was in his 2nd year.....he was far from a great back. Ricky didn't become 'great' until 2002.

endorPHINS72 said:
Sammy Morris ran against your suspect line 5 times for 2 yards and fumbled the ball to stop a Miami drive.

That's why Sammy is a BACKUP, Ronnie should have numbers like that every week. I think he is an average back at best, i know, he is better than what the Jet's have, and your right. All im saying is that he should have done more, if that was Moroney, he would have gotten at least 175

Dmancari23 said:
I'm not convinced he will ever have the vision that it takes to be a star back. He hasn't shown it EVER. He isn't a gamebreaker, never has been. Cadillac Williams, at times, has shown the ability to be a gamebreaker.

.....and you rag on Ronnie Brown for being inconsistant.

Cadillac Williams: 312 rushing yards/81 carries (3.85 ypc), 1 rushing TDs, 13 receptions for 65 yards, 0 receiving TD. 1 total touchdown

Ronnie Brown: 405 rushing yards/107 carries (3.79 ypc), 4 rushing TDs, 20receptions for 153 yards, 0 receiving TD. 4 total touchdowns

Career stats to date:

Cadillac Williams: 1,490 rushing yards/371 carries (4.02 ypc), 7 rushing TDs, 33 receptions for 146 yards. 7 total touchdowns

Ronnie Brown: 1,312 rushing yards/314 carries (4.18 ypc), 8 rushing TDs, 52 receptions for 385 yards, 1 receiving TD. 9 total touchdowns.

But Cadillac is better?

People like to make a big deal of his lack of 100 yard games and his lack of big games.......his lack of consistancy.......etc.

Even Laurence Maroney has had 2 very bad games games so far. How do these lines look? 12 carries for 18 yards against Denver and 18 carries for 38 yards against us. Even good runners have bad games; and if you get hit as soon as you get the ball........it's hard to get yards. You also have to get the carries to get the yards.

Are these guys game changers?

Larry Johnson: 357 rushing yards/105 carries (3.4 ypc)
Edgirrin James: 343 rushing yards/112 carries (3.06 ypc)
Willis McGahee: 505 rushing yards/130 carries (3.88 ypc)
Rudi Johnson: 405 rushing yards/104 carries (3.89 ypc)
Ahman Green: 215 rushing yards/58 carries (3.71 ypc)
Reggie Bush: 195 rushing yards/65 carries (3 ypc)
LaDainian Tomlinson: 407 rushing yards/110 carries (3.7 ypc)
Shaun Alexander: 187 rushing yards/65 carries (2.88 ypc)
Steven Jackson: 521 rushing yards/133 carries (3.92 ypc)

BTW, a player usually has to get the ball alot to be a "game changer".

Dmancari23 said:
Braylon Edwards is a star. Is he great yet? No, but he's the furthest along out of any of those top 10 players from 2005.

You bash Ronnie Brown for not being a 'star' saying he's not even a 'game changer'........then you turn around and say Braylon Edwards is not only a game changer, but a star.

Yes, Braylon Edwards is projected to have a good year.......but as of right now it's just a projection. Braylon has played 15 games (career) and has 52 receptions for 863 yards with 4 TDs. How exactly is he a 'game changer', let alone a star?

BleedinGreenNC said:
That's why Sammy is a BACKUP, Ronnie should have numbers like that every week. I think he is an average back at best, i know, he is better than what the Jet's have, and your right. All im saying is that he should have done more, if that was Moroney, he would have gotten at least 175

If Ronnie Brown had numbers like that every week he'd be a 2,000 yard rusher, averaging over 5 ypc........how many times has that happened for any player in NFL history?

If that had been Maroney?

How do these lines look? 12 carries for 18 yards against Denver and 18 carries for 38 yards against us. You have to have space to run before you can make the yards (unless you're Barry Sanders)........and Maroney has had the space to run almost all season. Not to mention, it helps having a lead blocker......something we haven't even used until the Jets game. No lead blocker+bad OL will usually = a lack of production.

endorPHINS72 said:
Ronnie Brown today is showing why he was the #2 overall pick. He is hitting holes quickly, breaking tackles and carrying would-be tacklers. For those of you who said he's just another running back, as of 13:23 left in the game, Ronnie has 119 yards on 20 carries. His backup, Sammy Morris, who is running behind the same offensive line has 5 carries for two yards and a critical fumble.

There are plenty of things to be upset about with this Dolphins team, but Ronnie Brown is not one of them. CUT THE HATING ON RONNIE!!!!!!! :fire:

I think Ronnie is very talented and can be a top RB in this league BUt don't judge him on Sunday's game as you or I could gain 100+ yds against the Jets defense. The Jet D is atrocious against the run(and not much better against the pass).

Nice work BREED one very important factor to consider Ronnie plays for a very bad team.
He doesn't get the ball often enough to show what he can do, if Wanny was the coach Ronnie would have at least 30 touches a game right now he's not being used against the Jets he should have gotten 32 touches particularly in the first half.
For some reason we think we can win passing the ball.

The jury is still out on Ronnie, why do all you people have to decide he's a bust or he's great after such a short career and behind such a poor OL? Doesn't make sense.

Back
Top Bottom