For Or Against The Tank ..with Poll. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For Or Against The Tank ..with Poll.

For or against the Tank ?

• For Tanking

Votes: 115 62.8%
  • Against the Tank

Votes: 54 29.5%
  • Undecided Yet

Votes: 14 7.7%

• Total voters
I am against losing games on purpose.

I'm ALSO against "setting a team up for failure" and removing all talent so it basically CANNOT win games - basically losing without doing so "on purpose."

If it was as easy to do in football as it is in basketball? I'd absolutely be for a "process-style" rebuild. As a long-time Sixers fan? I can tell you the juice is worth the squeeze on that one.

However.

This team absolutely needed to be torn down and rebuilt. There were bloated contracts, bad coaches, a stagnating QB, and ineptitude on multiple levels. That is what they're in the process of doing. Will it result in a bad team next year? Sure.

Even if it didn't, there is decidedly a case to be made for "sucking on purpose" in order to land a franchise QB. I am of the opinion Miami will be bad next year, and in position to acquire a potential franchise QB. And they'll be bad because the team rebuilt - however you want to qualify it - not because they were bad on purpose.

Depends on if we draft a top pick qb or not. If we don’t I’m completely for it.

Tankathon for 2020

Just because people don’t agree with your stance you put them on ignore, what a pus. I did have something to say, and I said it. You come off as you know everything and everybody else is stupid if they don’t agree with you. Put me on ignore
Shofly
We're gonna stop calling each other "obtuse" and "pus" - Or, I'm gonna come back in here and crack some skulls!

The ignore list exists for this precise reason.

Whats the ceiling for this roster? I'm genuinely asking. 5-6 wins? Sure we got the draft. That might get us 3 starters out of it. Getting 3 starters would point more to how bad this roster is than anything. What does this team look like after injuries come? I don't care for 5-6 wins when this roster is gonna be severely turned over the next 2-3 years. Now if we had a rookie QB than 5-6 wins would be an accomplishment but we arent getting a QB this draft which we shouldnt imo.

Just eat your pride for one year and lets get this thing going for the next decade with a legit QB.

Assuming by tanking you are meaning that we don't sign high priced older FAs and release or move on from older higher salaried existing Dolphins, I'll all for it.

If you mean start 3rd stringers across the board and/or deliberately blow games on purpose (go for it on 4th and 30 from our own 5 yard line), I just don't think that's good sportsmanship.

Assuming by tanking you are meaning that we don't sign high priced older FAs and release or move on from older higher salaried existing Dolphins, I'll all for it.

If you mean start 3rd stringers across the board and/or deliberately blow games on purpose (go for it on 4th and 30 from our own 5 yard line), I just don't think that's good sportsmanship.

Lets be honest. With this roster we arent gonna have to try to blow games. Gonna have to do our damnest to beats the likes of the Bengals, Giants and Bills. People underestimate how bad this roster looks on paper.

Lets be honest. With this roster we arent gonna have to try to blow games. Gonna have to do our damnest to beats the likes of the Bengals, Giants and Bills. People underestimate how bad this roster looks on paper.
So long as we sweep the Jets and beat NE at Home again.

I think what really gets overlooked is how bad of a coaching staff we’ve had. Not saying the new one is better but...well...the new one is better because it can impossibly get worse. Good coaching is the most important factor for a successful NFL franchise and we certainly didn’t have that with Gase and company.

I think what really gets overlooked is how bad of a coaching staff we’ve had. Not saying the new one is better but...well...the new one is better because it can impossibly get worse. Good coaching is the most important factor for a successful NFL franchise and we certainly didn’t have that with Gase and company.

I agree. Coaching can make all the difference in the world. Thats why I said on paper this roster is probably the worst in the league. Can flores elevate this roster? Sure can. Happens every year in the league. Every year the so called "worst team" in the league according to the media ends up exceeding expectations. We will see.

Im still a little queasy on Flores though. How we hired him (being the last of 8 teams to fill the vacancy) seems off.

We're gonna stop calling each other "obtuse" and "pus" - Or, I'm gonna come back in here and crack some skulls!

The ignore list exists for this precise reason.
PUS - Acronym for Poor Unfortunate Soul

PUS - Acronym for Poor Unfortunate Soul
Uh, huh ...
twd_811_gp_0925_0324_rt.jpg

Lucy's not buying it.

If coach says he will not Tank, he will not Tank.

Back
Top Bottom