For Or Against The Tank ..with Poll. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For Or Against The Tank ..with Poll.

For or against the Tank ?

• For Tanking

Votes: 115 62.8%
  • Against the Tank

Votes: 54 29.5%
  • Undecided Yet

Votes: 14 7.7%

• Total voters
But wouldn't it be sweet if we could get who we want without having to trade away picks? Then draft high not only in the first round but in every round for a change. That could help us get going IF we're smart with who we pick.
It would absolutely be easiest with the #1 overall pick but to get that it's either tanking or epic failure and I don't see either one for this team. The good news is that they will probably be bad enough to be within striking distance even playing their best. We have seen several examples of teams moving up to get their guy in the past few years. Will it be as easy as a simple as the #12 + a 2nd round pick for the #3 slot? Not likely but the ammo will be available to move up and they will probably be in the top 5 as it is.

It would absolutely be easiest with the #1 overall pick but to get that it's either tanking or epic failure and I don't see either one for this team. The good news is that they will probably be bad enough to be within striking distance even playing their best. We have seen several examples of teams moving up to get their guy in the past few years. Will it be as easy as a simple as the #12 + a 2nd round pick for the #3 slot? Not likely but the ammo will be available to move up and they will probably be in the top 5 as it is.

Agreed, I like that term striking distance. We should be naturally bad enough to be within striking distance for the 2nd 3rd or 4th.

But there is a high percentage of fans on this forum that are Tua (#1 over all) or nothing.

They would be happier being 0-16 than being a respectful top 8 pick with extra ammo to move up.

Not saying it's wrong but just unrealistic on their part.

Agreed, I like that term striking distance. We should be naturally bad enough to be within striking distance for the 2nd 3rd or 4th.

But there is a high percentage of fans on this forum that are Tua (#1 over all) or nothing.

They would be happier being 0-16 than being a respectful top 8 pick with extra ammo to move up.

Not saying it's wrong but just unrealistic on their part.
"Unrealistic" is believing that you could just package picks to move up for whoever you want. It doesn't work that way. The only way you get Tua is if you own the #1 pick straight up.

If you would rather win a couple more games this year and just settle on someone like Fromm, then more power to you. I don't see how that makes us a better team long term though unless you get lucky and Fromm turns out to be better than Tua.

"Unrealistic" is believing that you could just package picks to move up for whoever you want. It doesn't work that way. The only way you get Tua is if you own the #1 pick straight up.

If you would rather win a couple more games this year and just settle on someone like Fromm, then more power to you. I don't see how that makes us a better team long term though unless you get lucky and Fromm turns out to be better than Tua.
Your thought process is so freaking weird. You don't need any luck that Fromm is better than Tua. Can they not both have successful careers? If Fromm is not as good as Tua, but can compete deep into the playoffs consistantly, and win just 1 SB, is that not a success? Lets say Tua is the next god-like QB and wins 5SB, yes, it would have sucked that miami didn't get the 1st overall pick, but that doesn't mean any other QB can't have success.

Basically saying, if miami doesn't have the chance to get Tua, that doesn't automatically mean they will suck with another qb in the draft.

You keep talking like I only want Tua.

That's you!!!!!!!!! Stop confusing the two.

You're the one that's close minded enough to think Tua is the only QB that is coming out of the 2020 draft that can win games.

When I and other's are saying trade up,it means for who's in reach.

That's purely your personal problem,not mine.

You keep talking like I only want Tua.

That's you!!!!!!!!! Stop confusing the two.

You're the one that's close minded enough to think Tua is the only QB that is coming out of the 2020 draft that can win games.

When I and other's are saying trade up,it means for who's in reach.

That's purely your personal problem,not mine.
Dudeski, if you want to win a couple more pointless games this season and then have to trade up to get "who's in reach" next year which gives us less ammo to work with, that's all you. I'd prefer to keep my picks.

Dudeski, if you want to win a couple more pointless games this season and then have to trade up to get "who's in reach" next year which gives us less ammo to work with, that's all you. I'd prefer to keep my picks.

You're so pool balls deep in Tua, you cant think of another college QB in 2020 to get a realistic opinion from.

Here's a suggestion. Sit back and enjoy 2020 college ball, it's going to be a great season.

I'd love Tua, I like the fact that he's #13. I like his game from top to bottom

I am just not gonna get my hopes up that much that we can get him. I do have my hopes up that we will get one of the top 3 QB's in 2020.

You're so pool balls deep in Tua, you cant think of another college QB in 2020 to get a realistic opinion from.

Here's a suggestion. Sit back and enjoy 2020 college ball, it's going to be a great season.

I'd love Tua, I like the fact that he's #13. I like his game from top to bottom

I am just not gonna get my hopes up that much that we can get him. I do have my hopes up that we will get one of the top 3 QB's in 2020.
My entire point is that if this is going to be a lost year no matter what, make it the most worth it going into next year. Don't put yourself in a position where you have to trade picks to move up to grab QB#2 or QB#3. It doesn't make sense.

Manny on this forum have gone from an "elite class" year of QBs to only Tua.

What happened?

Forever I was on here reading "class." Class this and class that and now Im mainly reading Tua, Tua only, #1 only or bust.

What in the world happened?

My entire point is that if this is going to be a lost year no matter what, make it the most worth it going into next year. Don't put yourself in a position where you have to trade picks to move up to grab QB#2 or QB#3. It doesn't make sense.

You're thinking is severely flawed, you for some reason think because I am not on the tanking bandwagon, that I control some un-seen power to Miami Dolphins organization which determines if we Tank or not.

I have no secret connections to the Miami Dolphins organization.

My old Miami Dolphins shoe phone no longer works.

They aren't pointless wins
How do you propose a team to not win more than 1 game, or get the 1st overall pick? The team is going to go out and play their hardest. How does a team put themselves into that position, short of throwing games? It's just not going to happen. The best way to evaluate a team is have them play their hardest and evaluate who you have.

Manny on this forum have gone from an "elite class" year of QBs to only Tua.

What happened?

Forever I was on here reading "class." Class this and class that and now Im mainly reading Tua, Tua only, #1 only or bust.

What in the world happened?
That's a non sequitur. I never said it was an elite class, so ask the people who said that.

They aren't pointless wins

How do you propose a team to not win more than 1 game, or get the 1st overall pick? The team is going to go out and play their hardest. How does a team put themselves into that position, short of throwing games? It's just not going to happen. The best way to evaluate a team is have them play their hardest and evaluate who you have.
It's not that hard. Don't sign Fitzpatrick, who is an aging veteran who isn't going to be part of your franchise long term, to play QB when you could get by through starting a young guy and maybe finding yourself a backup QB to your eventual starter.

This "we'd have to try to lose" thing is nonsense and I don't know why it keeps getting thrown around. You think the only time a team ends up with the worst record is because they tried to lose?

You are aware that we're probably going to be the least talented team in the NFL next season, yes? We aren't going to have to "try" very hard to end up at the bottom of the food chain.

I can't bring myself to vote for 'tank". How do you build a winning culture and change the organization that's steeped in mediocrity by going 0-16 or 1-15? Who the hell wants to sign up for that nonsense. You might as well hold out until mid-season and play half the year if that's the case.

I like the high draft choice in 2020 (you need a QB of course) but I just can't allow a team to tank and think it's productive to turning the franchise around for decades.

Back
Top Bottom