For Or Against The Tank ..with Poll. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For Or Against The Tank ..with Poll.

For or against the Tank ?

• For Tanking

Votes: 115 62.8%
  • Against the Tank

Votes: 54 29.5%
  • Undecided Yet

Votes: 14 7.7%

• Total voters
Players don't have to play less than 100 % to tank,you just need coaches to call the wrong plays or formations .make no half time ajustments.poor clock management fair catching a ball inside your 5yard line.
There are ways around making the players give less than everything.

So let’s say that you are a 1st time head coach. You have worked the way up the ladder over 10 to 20 years. Are you really going to sabotage what might be your only chance of being a HC in the NFL. For what a slight chance of having the number 1 pick in the draft. Most HC that have that bad of a season don’t make it to the next season. And if it ever got out that you did what you are suggesting you would be blackballed from the league. That sounds like great career advice.

I don't understand why people seems to think if we just get that one guy every piece in the puzzle gonna fall to our advantage. There is countless examples of huge teams in different sports who had one big name after another and didn't succeed as planned (latest Real Madrid fx having there worst season after Ronaldo leaved them and still got huge names all over the pitch). It's just not the way to do things.

You need to have a winning mentality every season to be succesfull. (see Patriots, picking up good draft picks and almost no names and turning them into good quality players) I like the idea as a "experiment" but the only way to do it right is to go after winning each game no matter who we are facing. And why suck for one year and get a shitty record just to get that one guy and use all the cap space on huge names just to find out that the first guy didn't do what was expected from him or the rest of the bunch just chilling in the Miami sun and enjoying there $?! In case that it actually worked we would probably still facing some mediocre seasons and might only get a playoff clinch and then get's eliminated. Winning mentality last way longer and changes the overall culture on the team.

And not to forget that even though we are loaded in cap space next year and we tanked this season, we might have to let a lot of those names go in the future due to salary cap saves before it actually really going to be fun.

I don't know man, many moons ago we had a coach say he wasn't going to Alabama. I'm not saying we're tanking but what a coach say's is not 100% truthful at all times.

If he lied about not Tanking, he did it with a straight face before the cameras. He will not Tank.

I want a 2-14 season where the games we lose are like 34-31 nail biters that are lost due to lack of depth or youthful mistakes. The two wins are 100-0 victories both against the Jets where we end up with the #1 overall pick.

That'd be as perfect of a season as we'll get.

The perfect season would be to win that one game in February. Amazing how quickly fans have forgotten that this game is about winning and that they’d call a 2-14 season “perfect”.
Yeah, it's all about winning, but in this physical plane the 2019 Miami Dolphins are not going to win the Super Bowl no matter how much you wish it to be so.

They have a good chance of ending up in the top few picks even without tanking. They will have enough ammunition to move up from there to get who they want

I will never root for a loss but certainly won't be as dissapointed (let down) when they come.

A 2 to 1 vote in favor of tanking.I am actually surprised it's that close.There are very compassionate educated loyal fans here that have voiced valid points on just why they voted the way they did.
I completely understand both sides.i want the first over all pick in next years draft without being horrible to watch.or having to mortgage our future.
If we are a competitive well coached team lacking true difference makers and just need another year of drafting and fa I can live with that However if we get destroyed in games like last year it will be hard to accept and watch .I can stomach a well coached team a lot easier than a crappy team .

I hate to lose.I hate waiting another full year.I also understand we needed to change the way we did business.
I just hate to lose.

I resigned to the fact that this years record is not going to define a winning or losing season for me. This year I hope to see good coaching, a team that believes in the system being installed, and players showing support of their HC by the way they play and conduct themselves. We will soon know if this new team is out on the field as a team or just out there playing football. I will consider it a successful season when I see the mistakes of former FO's and coaches are getting corrected. GO FINS

For the sake of what the thread is asking I'm for it. I'll always root for my team to win, but it does get tiresome to see us have so many players that are among the highest paid at their position and the records dont match

They have a good chance of ending up in the top few picks even without tanking. They will have enough ammunition to move up from there to get who they want
But wouldn't it be sweet if we could get who we want without having to trade away picks? Then draft high not only in the first round but in every round for a change. That could help us get going IF we're smart with who we pick.

Back
Top Bottom