For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - Enter. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - Enter.

The Goat

Escape Goat
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm going to make every attempt to be civil in this thread.

Where...WHERE the heck do you come from? The Tannehill doubters. Those who are ready to rain on his parade. Ready to dismiss him. Ready to say "He's not progressing fast enough." Ready to GUARANTEE that the Dolphins "move on" from Tannehill if he doesn't become a star this year. Those of you who would chide those of us who have hope about him.

Newsflash: You're insane.

You want to know what we see? We see FLASHES of greatness. Right now, he's not a great NFL QB. We KNOW this.

But we see a lot. We see potential. We see a Quarterback who has started a grand total of 35 games since HIGH SCHOOL. Don't like his learning curve? Thank God there are people in the Dolphins front office who are smarter than you.

His learning curve, compared to most current NFL QBs...is nearly vertical.

He gives us more hope at the QB position than this franchise has had this MILLENNIUM. If, for whatever reason, you can't get on board with it, then you can sincerely cram it up your ###.

Because he gives us hope. And we have every right to have that.

I have not seen hardly anyone bashing him or dismissing him. I don't know what you are talking about. Many are claiming it's way to ealy to tell...and they should be. There are far more people over hyping Tannehill than there are people under hying him. I have only seen like one person saying they are done with him, and that person is an idiot.

We live in the age of the "fantasy" football fan now. Obviously if your not throwing up 5tds and 400 yards a game your garbage and we need to move on......... Couple that with the fact that we have horrible (dare I say worst in sports) Dolphins reporters and this is where we are at. Luckily there are some of us who can watch and form our own opinion and know we finally have something in THill that we haven't seen here in Miami in a long time. I'M EXCITED!!!! Thanks for the post it was needed

17 QB's AD (After Dan) we finally have a decent QB prospect who has a good chance to get much better (and take the team with him to the playoffs). He looked good as a rookie and we have now surrounded him with weapons and our defense is going to be pretty good too. It may take a little time to gel but we finally have the coaches and the talent to be very competitive. I am looking forward to this season. Let's all get behind Tannehill.

I have not seen hardly anyone bashing him or dismissing him. I don't know what you are talking about. Many are claiming it's way to ealy to tell...and they should be. There are far more people over hyping Tannehill than there are people under hying him. I have only seen like one person saying they are done with him, and that person is an idiot.

Yes, I saw that. What irks me is those who come along and insist on trying to bludgeon everyone into a "reality check."

"Whoah! Hey! Let's not get too hopeful! He was an average at best QB last year!"

You know what? Put a sock in it. WE GET IT. Let us cheer. Let us hope.

Yes, I saw that. What irks me is those who come along and insist on trying to bludgeon everyone into a "reality check."

"Whoah! Hey! Let's not get too hopeful! He was an average at best QB last year!"

You know what? Put a sock in it. WE GET IT. Let us cheer. Let us hope.

Well.....Frankly there are many fans that need a reality check. At this point peoples expectations of Tannehill should not be sky high and they should not be be down on Tannehill either. He had a decent season with limited weapons. I don't see any reason not to give him a few years to prove him self and I'm sure most Dolphin fans would agree.

Well to back up the OP... Meril Hedge called Tannehill "awful" the other day after the HOF game. Guy throw 5 passes and one was a drop and Hedge called him Awful and wouldn't become a star QB. Dennis Green also said he doesn't think Tannehill is any good and the dolphins are way over hyped.

Ya well if he doesn't lead us to victory tomoro night in the 2 series that he plays, we're finished!! :sarcon:

Well.....Frankly there are many fans that need a reality check. At this point peoples expectations of Tannehill should not be sky high and they should not be be down on Tannehill either. He had a decent season with limited weapons. I don't see any reason not to give him a few years to prove him self and I'm sure most Dolphin fans would agree.

Frankly?

That's not your call.

Edit: That being said...the rest of your post is spot on.

We really won't know for awhile what we have - Hopefully he has good nerves - our lack of team depth at WR, TE, and RB is pretty obvious

I am glad that he can run for a 1st down when the opportunity presents - I really like a mobile qb

The hate and doubt people like omar kelly are throwing at him is totally unwarranted. If he comes out week 1 in Cleveland and flops then people can worry a bit. It's preseason so the media personalities are just attempting to cause a stir in a fairly stir free period of the season.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

I am playing devil's advocate here because I like RT and hope he gets better but all of your arguments were made when Henne was around and then some and here we are with another QB...again.

I don't like to go out on a limb too much in predicting a players success but I will go as far as saying I think Tannehill will be our starter beyond his rookie contract and he'll be knocking on Dan's door for a lot of his Dolphin passing records (which isn't saying much in todays pass happy game), I think he already took a few of Dan's rookie passing records.

"If" he begins this year playing mediocre, how much time do you give him to finish developing? When is the make or break point?

Back
Top Bottom