For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - Enter. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - Enter.

We have to give Tannehill this entire season to see what he can do with better weapons and with a full season under his belt. If he plays no better this year then last year, then Ireland is a goner and a new GM means house cleaning will take place. I hope and pray that Tannehill is the answer.

We really won't know for awhile what we have - Hopefully he has good nerves - our lack of team depth at WR, TE, and RB is pretty obvious

I am glad that he can run for a 1st down when the opportunity presents - I really like a mobile qb

I don't see this lack of depth you're talking about. I saw some 2s/3s/4s at those positions look pretty decent in recent practices and the HoF game.

Tannehill is not the problem with this team. He is already better than most of the other NFL 's and getting better. After years of John Beck's, Cleo Lemon, and Joey Harrington, we are light years ahead.
This team has a weak oline, and suspect DB's and RB's. The oline may be our achilles heel this season..yet again.
I think I can safely say that most fans on this site are happy with RT's progress.

For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - Ente

I don't like to go out on a limb too much in predicting a players success but I will go as far as saying I think Tannehill will be our starter beyond his rookie contract and he'll be knocking on Dan's door for a lot of his Dolphin passing records (which isn't saying much in todays pass happy game), I think he already took a few of Dan's rookie passing records.

Ahahahahahahahaha!

I'm happy with him and I think he's a keeper. Young with a lot to learn, but a keeper none the less.

Excuse me? 2 veteran TE, 2 fairly high Drafted TE's. Wallace, all pro Hartline, and Gibson, + 7 others in camp, and perhaps someone releases a proven vet the next 2 weeks.
RB's yes, a question there, but Miller showed he has the stuff. Durability the question. The Fins SHOULD have picked up a veteran RB, didn't. I bet they will.
No excuses for Tannehill. You have to expect 20+TD's, 13 or less INTS. 3200k+ yards. That's only 200 or so yards a game.
If LT holds up, those figure had better be higher. Tipped passes better be down, or they might NEVER be down. That's due in part to the stare down.
BTW, to the OP, who died and made you judge and jury? The # of posts doesn't necessarily equate to the quality of the posts.

Many of us, fans since 1966, have seen the erosion of this franchise due to poor ownership, bad GM's/coaches, which led to some of the worst drafting in the NFL.
We, those perhaps older than you, are ENTITLED to feel like our allegiance, though as strong as ever, is being stretched to the breaking point.
I don't do fantasy football, like many here, so the Dolphins (and my Canes) are IT! PERIOD.
Your apparent disdain for those that have eyes, an observe the success of guys like Russell Wilson, and Colin Kaepernick (whom we could have taken) are understandably a bit unnerved.
It's not OUR fault that Tanny played 19 college games, and Ireland grabbed him. Tanny is who he is, I wish him the best, but he's now learning on MY time.

I have hopes, not high hopes as yet, but HOPES that Tanny will not play with the "deer i the headlights" look as he did against Dallas, and that against a 2nd string defense. 2 throws yards behind his receivers.
Excoriate me all you wish, but you invited me here, and I accepted the invitation.
Thanks for that, BTW.

Excuse me? 2 veteran TE, 2 fairly high Drafted TE's. Wallace, all pro Hartline, and Gibson, + 7 others in camp, and perhaps someone releases a proven vet the next 2 weeks.
RB's yes, a question there, but Miller showed he has the stuff. Durability the question. The Fins SHOULD have picked up a veteran RB, didn't. I bet they will.
No excuses for Tannehill. You have to expect 20+TD's, 13 or less INTS. 3200k+ yards. That's only 200 or so yards a game.
If LT holds up, those figure had better be higher. Tipped passes better be down, or they might NEVER be down. That's due in part to the stare down.
BTW, to the OP, who died and made you judge and jury? The # of posts doesn't necessarily equate to the quality of the posts.

Many of us, fans since 1966, have seen the erosion of this franchise due to poor ownership, bad GM's/coaches, which led to some of the worst drafting in the NFL.
We, those perhaps older than you, are ENTITLED to feel like our allegiance, though as strong as ever, is being stretched to the breaking point.
I don't do fantasy football, like many here, so the Dolphins (and my Canes) are IT! PERIOD.
Your apparent disdain for those that have eyes, an observe the success of guys like Russell Wilson, and Colin Kaepernick (whom we could have taken) are understandably a bit unnerved.
It's not OUR fault that Tanny played 19 college games, and Ireland grabbed him. Tanny is who he is, I wish him the best, but he's now learning on MY time.

I have hopes, not high hopes as yet, but HOPES that Tanny will not play with the "deer i the headlights" look as he did against Dallas, and that against a 2nd string defense. 2 throws yards behind his receivers.
Excoriate me all you wish, but you invited me here, and I accepted the invitation.
Thanks for that, BTW.

The whole 1 series he was in without the 2 primary WR's he's been working with all camp........smh

I'm going to make every attempt to be civil in this thread.

Where...WHERE the heck do you come from? The Tannehill doubters. Those who are ready to rain on his parade. Ready to dismiss him. Ready to say "He's not progressing fast enough." Ready to GUARANTEE that the Dolphins "move on" from Tannehill if he doesn't become a star this year. Those of you who would chide those of us who have hope about him.

Newsflash: You're insane.

You want to know what we see? We see FLASHES of greatness. Right now, he's not a great NFL QB. We KNOW this.

But we see a lot. We see potential. We see a Quarterback who has started a grand total of 35 games since HIGH SCHOOL. Don't like his learning curve? Thank God there are people in the Dolphins front office who are smarter than you.

His learning curve, compared to most current NFL QBs...is nearly vertical.

He gives us more hope at the QB position than this franchise has had this MILLENNIUM. If, for whatever reason, you can't get on board with it, then you can sincerely cram it up your ###.

Because he gives us hope. And we have every right to have that.

I like most of your post but some of the same people in this front office liked Chad Henne and PAt White also as well as Mark Sanchez

I think most of the problem is just the freakiness of that qb 12 class. Any other year he would be a highly rated prospect showing solid progress. But people naturally want to compare him to Russell Wilson, RG3 and Andrew Luck. That is a once in a lifetime draft for quarterbacks. All 3 of those guys could become hofers!

Well.....Frankly there are many fans that need a reality check. At this point peoples expectations of Tannehill should not be sky high and they should not be be down on Tannehill either. He had a decent season with limited weapons. I don't see any reason not to give him a few years to prove him self and I'm sure most Dolphin fans would agree.

There are no Tanny fans that need a reality check...None.

Who are you to tell us what our expectations should be?Your disdain tone has all the signs of being a fan that 3 years from now say "I knew Tanny was a Henne all along." "Never liked the kid."

It's the disbelievers that need the reality check.They're the ones that seem to have a rookie all figured out.I'll say it again.Show me one post, article, or link that shows someone,anyone calling Tanny an all pro or prop him up higher than he should be.

There are no Tanny fans that need a reality check...None.

Who are you to tell us what our expectations should be?Your disdain tone has all the signs of being a fan that 3 years from now say "I knew Tanny was a Henne all along." "Never liked the kid."

It's the disbelievers that need the reality check.They're the ones that seem to have a rookie all figured out.I'll say it again.Show me one post, article, or link that shows someone,anyone calling Tanny an all pro or prop him up higher than he should be.

Well for one, you can't hear my tone because you have never heard me say anything. Tone is based on sound not typing. Secondly I'm not going to dig up all the posts I have seen where people are claiming greatness for Tannehill because I don't care near enough to do it. Third I'm not sure why you keep attacking my posts because I'm not even really disagreeing with you. Forth I have never bad mouthed Tannehill so not sure where you're getting that from. You will always have people that over hype and you will always have those that bash. I am doing neither of those. I have never claimed he will be great or that he will fail.....why? because I don't know and neither does anyone else. He has positives and negatives. We will have to wait and see what happens. In the meantime why don't you save your energy for those that are bashing Tannehill instead of coming at me

Actually, there ARE Tanny fans here that are in need of a reality check.

It's called the Internet.

Does he deserve a solid chance? ABSOLUTELY!!!

Is he a "beast" ... STOP!

No. He ain't. Yet.

Will he become one? Too early to say. Far, far too early to say. Same goes for the bust types.

Time will tell. I will say that I'm very hopeful.

Actually, there ARE Tanny fans here that are in need of a reality check.

It's called the Internet.

Does he deserve a solid chance? ABSOLUTELY!!!

Is he a "beast" ... STOP!

No. He ain't. Yet.

Will he become one? Too early to say. Far, far too early to say. Same goes for the bust types.

Time will tell. I will say that I'm very hopeful.

Yes, yes, and yes. That is all I have been saying the whole time and will continue to say exactly everything you just said.

We have to give Tannehill this entire season to see what he can do with better weapons and with a full season under his belt. If he plays no better this year then last year, then Ireland is a goner and a new GM means house cleaning will take place. I hope and pray that Tannehill is the answer.

I disagree. This would be way too early to dismiss the current staff. Sparano & company had almost 4 seasons to improve this team and under Philbin this team finished 7-9 although the media had us as the worst team before the start of the season. You give Philbin more than two years to right the ship, no matter what happens this season.

Back
Top Bottom