For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - Enter. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - Enter.

I am playing devil's advocate here because I like RT and hope he gets better but all of your arguments were made when Henne was around and then some and here we are with another QB...again.

Please explain this.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

"If" he begins this year playing mediocre, how much time do you give him to finish developing? When is the make or break point?

End of 2014. SIGNIFICANT progress needs to be made.

Nope. Parcells loved Henne. Henne fit his model type QB'S. If Ireland liked him why would he then choose a completely different QB prospect? It's because Sherman and Philbin like Tanny. Again, the GM gets the players he thinks will fit his coaches team. He doesn't get a player, especially a QB, and tell his coach to work with it and change their philosophies.

ireland said out of his own mouth he liked henne quit making stuff up

Excuse me? 2 veteran TE, 2 fairly high Drafted TE's. Wallace, all pro Hartline, and Gibson, + 7 others in camp, and perhaps someone releases a proven vet the next 2 weeks.
RB's yes, a question there, but Miller showed he has the stuff. Durability the question. The Fins SHOULD have picked up a veteran RB, didn't. I bet they will.
No excuses for Tannehill. You have to expect 20+TD's, 13 or less INTS. 3200k+ yards. That's only 200 or so yards a game.
If LT holds up, those figure had better be higher. Tipped passes better be down, or they might NEVER be down. That's due in part to the stare down.
BTW, to the OP, who died and made you judge and jury? The # of posts doesn't necessarily equate to the quality of the posts.

Many of us, fans since 1966, have seen the erosion of this franchise due to poor ownership, bad GM's/coaches, which led to some of the worst drafting in the NFL.
We, those perhaps older than you, are ENTITLED to feel like our allegiance, though as strong as ever, is being stretched to the breaking point.
I don't do fantasy football, like many here, so the Dolphins (and my Canes) are IT! PERIOD.
Your apparent disdain for those that have eyes, an observe the success of guys like Russell Wilson, and Colin Kaepernick (whom we could have taken) are understandably a bit unnerved.
It's not OUR fault that Tanny played 19 college games, and Ireland grabbed him. Tanny is who he is, I wish him the best, but he's now learning on MY time.

I have hopes, not high hopes as yet, but HOPES that Tanny will not play with the "deer i the headlights" look as he did against Dallas, and that against a 2nd string defense. 2 throws yards behind his receivers.
Excoriate me all you wish, but you invited me here, and I accepted the invitation.
Thanks for that, BTW.

Wow!

Hi! OP here.

First and foremost, outstanding use of "excoriate." I have no intent to do that.

Second, if you're going to verbally challenge me with a post like this, you probably shouldn't start the entire thing with "Excuse me?" Because...well...you're excused. ;)

Third: You may be older than me, but I was born and raised in Fins and Canes style, and saw Jim Kelly play in the Orange Bowl on Saturday, then watched Griese, then Woodley, and listened to my Uncle mock Doug Williams in Tampa Bay, as we watched football for six hours EVERY DAMN SUNDAY in North Miami. So don't TELL me about allegiance like it's something foreign to me. And sincerely...I'd like you to revisit your "entitlement" statement. This fan base has lived WAY too long off "entitlement". About "who is owed." Because all that line of thinking does is make us fat and old and slow.

Finally: I don't have disdain. I have hope. And not you, nor anyone else on this site will EVER take that from me. When Kaepernick was drafted, I called my Niners friend and said "you'll be happy." I honestly didn't see Wilson coming.

And, by the way, nobody made me judge OR jury. But I will absolutely give Tannehill time. No, it's not your fault that Tanny only played 19 college games, but it's factual. An it irks the hell out of me that people still say "I don't CARE. I want RESULTS NOW!" They're so desperate for a winning season that they refuse to look at the big picture.

You want to talk about Wilson and Kaepernick? They BOTH landed in situations with a far, FAR better talent base. Tannehill didn't. Tannehill landed with a rookie coach. rebuilding form the ground up.

Last: It's not your time. It's our time. Fins up, bro.

I like most of your post but some of the same people in this front office liked Chad Henne and PAt White also as well as Mark Sanchez

Fair, but this regime DOES cut bait hen they're wrong.

If the same could be said of the Jets, they might have Tannehill.

I think part of our problem is also that we could have had Wilson in a later round and had an immediate impact QB without drafting high and having to "wait" for him to develop.

Fair. Again, Seattle had a far better team to build around.

"I'm going to make every effort to be civil"

"You're insane, cram your views up your ###"

Nice job. U mad people on the internet disagree with u bro?

Hi!

Nobody disagreed with the post when I made it. It was the first post.

Bro.

By the way, nice job channelling a Seahawks player.

The "you're insane" part was directed at those who would "guarantee" that the Fins would ditch Tannehill is he's not a superstar this year.

Back
Top Bottom