For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - Enter. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - Enter.

Both sides on the extreme are wrong imo. Me personally, Tannehill hasn't really shown me **** yet. I blame a lack of weapons and Sherman last year. So I don't really blame him.
He didn't have a lot of experience coming in, I think it was prudent that we all as fans have some patience with him.
He needs more time, but imo I think he has what it takes to make it.
At the same time though, I really don't know what he has done yet for all the "pro-Tannhill's'' to crucify anybody that has a doubt concerning Tannehill.

Do I think he will make it? Yes I do. But you can't be shooting down anybody that has doubts about him.
Tannehill hasn't done anything even remotely close to be beyond questioning. That doesn't mean he will not in the future, I'm just talking about right now.

The problem was after that Cardinals game last year, people started throwing out Tann-Marino (blasphemy!) etc and started hyping him waay too much.
Just let him progress, he should be fine.
My real concern is Sherman. I'll give him this year because he had no weapons last year, but I'm not optimistic about him.

We live in the age of the "fantasy" football fan now. Obviously if your not throwing up 5tds and 400 yards a game your garbage and we need to move on......... Couple that with the fact that we have horrible (dare I say worst in sports) Dolphins reporters and this is where we are at. Luckily there are some of us who can watch and form our own opinion and know we finally have something in THill that we haven't seen here in Miami in a long time. I'M EXCITED!!!! Thanks for the post it was needed

Agreed. Fantasy football & certain video game have REALLY thrown the perceptions & expectations of some way out of whack!

I have not seen hardly anyone bashing him or dismissing him. I don't know what you are talking about. Many are claiming it's way to ealy to tell...and they should be. There are far more people over hyping Tannehill than there are people under hying him. I have only seen like one person saying they are done with him, and that person is an idiot.

Are you kidding me?First off this is the most ridiculous thing you've posted.

You cant be talking about last year because all your credibility would be gone,during and after every loss or even a few wins there was enough hate that you didn't have to look for it.

If you are talking about this year,we haven't played any games to see any bashing or the "we need to draft another QB" yet so you must be talking about last year....or you only read or see what you want to see, to not see anyone dismissing him or bashing him.

None of the Tanny supporters have prop'd Tanny up to the elite level,none need a reality check,although you act like you are the "Tanny is prop'd up too high police" better get in there and calm these guys down.

I understand why you wouldn't spend the time looking for Tanny being over hyped,because you'd be wasting your time.All I have to do is go to the posts during and after every game last year starting in week 1.99 percent of the Tanny supporters know this is a 3 year plan,the haters were out in week one last season.

Well.....Frankly there are many fans that need a reality check. At this point peoples expectations of Tannehill should not be sky high and they should not be be down on Tannehill either. He had a decent season with limited weapons. I don't see any reason not to give him a few years to prove him self and I'm sure most Dolphin fans would agree.

You know,when a QB survives his rookie season after leading his team to a 7-9 or what could have been 9-7 record the expectations should be high.

If you don't have high expectations as a fan in any sport why even watch it?

Are you kidding me?First off this is the most ridiculous thing you've posted.

You cant be talking about last year because all your credibility would be gone,during and after every loss or even a few wins there was enough hate that you didn't have to look for it.

If you are talking about this year,we haven't played any games to see any bashing or the "we need to draft another QB" yet so you must be talking about last year....or you only read or see what you want to see, to not see anyone dismissing him or bashing him.

None of the Tanny supporters have prop'd Tanny up to the elite level,none need a reality check,although you act like you are the "Tanny is prop'd up too high police" better get in there and calm these guys down.

I understand why you wouldn't spend the time looking for Tanny being over hyped,because you'd be wasting your time.All I have to do is go to the posts during and after every game last year starting in week 1.99 percent of the Tanny supporters know this is a 3 year plan,the haters were out in week one last season.

OMG.... DUDE I DON'T CARE!! I am not one of these Tanny bashing people you speak of. I don't give a crap who hypes him up or who bashes him. I don't agree with you at all..so what....You clearly have an agenda and that's fine but leave me out of it.........thank you

The perception when Tannehill was drafted was that he'd probably sit the first year out, and most were fine with that. Now we're on year 2 but instead of throwing a rookie out, the guy actually started a full NFL season and was actually ok doing it. In think he's way ahead of where we realistically expected him to be a year ago...

Tannehill did well last year, he won the hearts of many fans and 7 games.
He looked good in many areas and seems to have a good character.
I like him and hope he has success and becomes everything we want him to be.

But he was a reach or at least a gamble on a guy that had to get better to be sufficient. We are watching the pain of his learning and trying to improve. There is a long way to go.
No one is "right" either way at this point. It's all just blah blah blah.

For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - Ente

ok, im not saying he wont ever be great. But I havent seen enough to know for sure that he ever not. I hope to God he is, but there isnt enough body of work. I'm not one of those haters though. I want him to have ample opportunity to develop into one. Hopefully that will be by atleast his 3rd year.

This^^^^^^^

I think part of our problem is also that we could have had Wilson in a later round and had an immediate impact QB without drafting high and having to "wait" for him to develop.

There are no Tanny fans that need a reality check...None.

Who are you to tell us what our expectations should be?Your disdain tone has all the signs of being a fan that 3 years from now say "I knew Tanny was a Henne all along." "Never liked the kid."

It's the disbelievers that need the reality check.They're the ones that seem to have a rookie all figured out.I'll say it again.Show me one post, article, or link that shows someone,anyone calling Tanny an all pro or prop him up higher than he should be.
Is...is this a serious post?

For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - En...

I think part of our problem is also that we could have had Wilson in a later round and had an immediate impact QB without drafting high and having to "wait" for him to develop.

Wilson wouldn't have played as well here. Besides, anyone who has declared Wilson anything more than a talented, 2nd yr QB is counting their chickens before they hatch. A lot of players come into the NFL and have one or a few really good seasons and then fizzle out.

I'm going to make every attempt to be civil in this thread.

Where...WHERE the heck do you come from? The Tannehill doubters. Those who are ready to rain on his parade. Ready to dismiss him. Ready to say "He's not progressing fast enough." Ready to GUARANTEE that the Dolphins "move on" from Tannehill if he doesn't become a star this year. Those of you who would chide those of us who have hope about him.

Newsflash: You're insane.

You want to know what we see? We see FLASHES of greatness. Right now, he's not a great NFL QB. We KNOW this.

But we see a lot. We see potential. We see a Quarterback who has started a grand total of 35 games since HIGH SCHOOL. Don't like his learning curve? Thank God there are people in the Dolphins front office who are smarter than you.

His learning curve, compared to most current NFL QBs...is nearly vertical.

He gives us more hope at the QB position than this franchise has had this MILLENNIUM. If, for whatever reason, you can't get on board with it, then you can sincerely cram it up your ###.

Because he gives us hope. And we have every right to have that.

This is one of the best posts I've ever read on this board. Well said sir.

For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - Ente

My cousin is a die hard 49er fan. Up until Kap took the startling job last year, he was seen as a liability whenever Harbaugh brought him in on option plays to mix up the offense. By the end of the season, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Prior to last season he was just the second round rookie on the bench.

Point is you cannot predict the success of a developing QB. To try is futile. Tannehill has had 35 starts since high school! Let the guy develop.

Back
Top Bottom